Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Another attempt at perfection.

First, single pin and no finger grooves, then two pin with finger grooves and now back to one pin with no finger grooves......make up your mind.

I'll pass.  They were innovative when they came out, but sat on their asses and the market caught up.  What a shame.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First, single pin and no finger grooves, then two pin with finger grooves and now back to one pin with no finger grooves......make up your mind.

I'll pass.  They were innovative when they came out, but sat on their asses and the market caught up.  What a shame.
View Quote
First, The 19X was likely brought to market because people showed interest in the MHS submission.  Not another “attempt at perfection”

Second, The change in locking block design negated the need for the second pin in 9mm, and the block still has provisions for a second pin in other calibers.

Third, The finger grooves were removed because so many people were bitching about the finger grooves, and now people are bitching about not having finger grooves.  So basically it does not matter what Glock does whiney ass people on the internet will still find something to bitch about...

I personally don’t like the finger grooves.  But if you do, the Gen4 is still produced. So I really cannot wrap my mind around all the people complaining about having more variety.

/rant
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
WHAT THE FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK!

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

FUCK!

I just want a damn Glock carbine already.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

At least those Austrian sons a bitches beveled the frame to match the slide.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24926/timesplitter88_BdZWI5JlsSa-408716.JPG

View Quote
But, but, but..... PIGNOSE!!!!! ZOMG!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m gonna consider one. Im kinda in the market for a 17g5. If there’s a side by side with this - I’ll give it a look. But I’m not going out of my way to get one. Especially if the price is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand the point of this gun and I certainly won't buy it but I am glad Glock is bringing out new stuff.

To me this is a gun that will shoot like a 19 (i.e. not as good as a 17) and conceal like a 17 (i.e. not as good as a 19).

I just don't see the purpose but I hope they sell shit loads of them and use the profits to develop better products than this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't understand the point of this gun and I certainly won't buy it but I am glad Glock is bringing out new stuff.

To me this is a gun that will shoot like a 19 (i.e. not as good as a 17) and conceal like a 17 (i.e. not as good as a 19).

I just don't see the purpose but I hope they sell shit loads of them and use the profits to develop better products than this.
View Quote
I see it about the same way....I would have preferred a 17 slide on a 19 frame.

If this thread is any indication, there seems to be a market for the 19X though.....so congrats to the people that want it

I do like the color of it though....hopefully it spreads to some other guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

First, The 19X was likely brought to market because people showed interest in the MHS submission.  Not another “attempt at perfection”

Second, The change in locking block design negated the need for the second pin in 9mm, and the block still has provisions for a second pin in other calibers.

Third, The finger grooves were removed because so many people were bitching about the finger grooves, and now people are bitching about not having finger grooves.  So basically it does not matter what Glock does whiney ass people on the internet will still find something to bitch about...

I personally don’t like the finger grooves.  But if you do, the Gen4 is still produced. So I really cannot wrap my mind around all the people complaining about having more variety.

/rant
View Quote
I still have no idea what Glock should have done to "stay ahead of the market" as so many bitch that they fell behind. Kinda hard to fall behind when all your competitors are still catching up to the basic product you released decades ago. Maybe they should be more like S&W; they just came out with a striker fire polymer 9mm in the exact capacity, size and dimensions as a Glock 19, why didn't Glock think of that, huh, Huh, HUH!!!??!

That being said I have little interest in this new offering. Looks cool, not for me I guess.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#10]
New Glock Model G19X Pistol Review
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
TCT beat me to posting the link.

Will the Gen 4 mags work in the X?
It looks like they will to me.

The X uses Gen 4 style mags.

Edit to add, Gen 5 mags will work if
you change the base plates to Gen
4 or earlier.

John
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stupid.
View Quote
This X100.

Stupid seems to be a recent trend amongst manufacturers though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They must have made a lot of MHS frames for this to be an offering.
View Quote
MHS frame minus the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Exactly what I am looking for, I’ll take two the 19X is reasonably priced.

18Z50.....saddled w the Glock by SOCOM, before it was trendy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]
You know, I was down on this thing from the beginning, not understanding why I'd want a G17 grip with a G19 slide.

But the more I think about this, I think I want one to put a micro comp on and do a grip chop.

I like the G17 grip better than the G19, even when chopped.  The slide being a 19 would go to a 17 with the micro comp.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Threads like this show why people think the Glock community is so toxic...

Glock makes the 42 - People bitch because it’s not a 9mm

Glock makes the 43 - People bitch because it's bigger than the .380

Glock makes the Gen5 without finger grooves (like the community asked for) - People bitch because they want the finger grooves back

Glock introduces the 19X (because people showed interest in the MHS) - People bitch because it' not what THEY wanted...

I have never seen a community that will literally bitch about absolutely ANYTHING that a company does.

http://e.lvme.me/ub1smht.jpg
View Quote
Totally agree! There like that on over at the Glock talk site also! They are never satisfied with anything Glock does! Crazy!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, yeah you’re right.  I just guess people haven’t figured it out yet.  I guess until they do Glock will just keep selling triple, all the xds, m&p’s etc combined.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, yeah you're right.  I just guess people haven't figured it out yet.  I guess until they do Glock will just keep selling triple, all the xds, m&p's etc combined.
View Quote
If you look at the historical comparisons in a way, you can say that the Glock is the 1911/AR of the modern era.

It has a long running track record of being a good performer.

It was available to the masses when it was a contemporary offering.

It has a following of people who enjoy customization.

Large aftermarket.

Can build one without ever buying a part from Glock (poly 80 and aftermarket parts).
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Following Glock tradition, shouldn't this be the Gen6?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Has MSRP been released?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The gun is to be available to the public
Jan. 22. They are supposed to release
the pricing info a few days before that.

John

Quoted:
Has MSRP been released?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]
The Blue Label 19X will be # PX1950702, and sell for $533.50, and that is with night sights.
View Quote
Read this on another forum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Just saw that the Gen 5 glock mags won't fit this model. Ouch! Watch the vid at 6:18.

New Glock Model G19X Pistol Review
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just saw that the Gen 5 glock mags won't fit this model. Ouch! Watch the vid at 6:18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3P1X0PTkg
View Quote
If you change to a gen 4 or earlier base plate it will work.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes. I just found this out.

John

Quoted:

If you change to a gen 4 or earlier base plate it will work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Instead of creating a ‘mutt’ to appease someone, Glock should have stayed out of the Mil. contract because A G19 is the best combat handgun on the market. And it’s clear that’s not what the Mil. was looking for.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
What conceals easier; a 5" revolver or a 4" revolver?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has MSRP been released?
View Quote
If you look at TFB’s Gen 5 G26 and G34 announcement video, they show a price listing at the 4:00 min mark that includes the G19X (although he doesn’t mention it). It’s listed for $749 (same price as the Gen 5 G26 with standard Glock NS).
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The great thing about innovation is you only have to do it once. Glocks are iconic at this point whether you like it or not. You are not going to see drastic changes. Kind of like a 1911. I guess all the Glock copies that are out now are somehow innovative though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24926/timesplitter88_BdZWI5JlsSa-408716.JPG

View Quote
LOL.  I noticed that too.

As far as this offering, I don't get all the whining.  What is the downside to having more options?   It would be one thing if they took the 19 completely away, and only offered this.  Or wait, is that what they're doing?  Then I'd be complaining.  But if it's just ANOTHER option, what is the problem?

I didn't like the finger grooves on the 19 but didn't mind them on the 26.  I think it's best to just leave them off all guns because everyone's hand is different.  Although I'm sure there are generalizations.

Personally, what I'd like to see is them expand the single stack line.  Make a bigger 43.  Same width, bigger frame and slide.  G19 single stack.  If the width of the slide works on the 43, then you don't really need it to be as wide as it is on the 26/19/17.  But whatever.  I'm not saying get rid of those.  I'm just saying keep adding more sizes to the Single Stack.  Although I'm not sure a Single stack 17 would make all that much sense.  But they could offer more calibers.  A single stack .45 about G19 size would probably be a good idea too.  And .40.  Although lots of people like to hate the 40 round here.

I like different colors than black.  If nothing other than just variety.  I don't think it makes much of a difference other than just to say, oh that's nice.  Black works too.  But gets boring.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As far as this offering, I don't get all the whining.  What is the downside to having more options?   It would be one thing if they took the 19 completely away, and only offered this.  Or wait, is that what they're doing?  Then I'd be complaining.  But if it's just ANOTHER option, what is the problem?
View Quote
What I think is funny is all the people complaining that Glock didn’t design the G19X (i.e. the MHS) “for me.” The pistol that Glock designed for the military. They’re just trying to capitalize on the time and money they put into the MHS competition. It’s not going to be tailored for civilian shooters or concealed carriers. It is what it already was for the MHS competition.

What would be a more interesting use of bandwidth is to discuss (speculate about) why they thought the Army needed a full size grip with a compact slide. Did something in the MHS solicitation ask for that? Did discussions with the Army steer Glock in that direction? The only wild speculation that I can come up with is that they were trying to keep the overall length down when using a suppressor (trying to keep SF and SOCOM in mind). Or that they started with the 19 originally, but somewhere along the way, someone asked for more grip length for people with larger hands. At that point, they didn’t want to lengthen the slide because they were already working with the G19 weight and dimensions, so they just lengthened the grip by itself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Hyatt wants $750 for pre-order.  So that means prolly under $650 everywhere else
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm probably going to trade in my 17.5 for one. First i like the "Commander" style in guns. Two, I've always wanted some FDE glock mags.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I want to see one first hand.  The longer grip doesn’t bother me, since I don’t typically carry a G19 size pistol anyway.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I definitely can't see paying more than what you'd pay for a Gen 4 or 5.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What I think is funny is all the people complaining that Glock didn’t design the G19X (i.e. the MHS) “for me.” The pistol that Glock designed for the military. They’re just trying to capitalize on the time and money they put into the MHS competition. It’s not going to be tailored for civilian shooters or concealed carriers. It is what it already was for the MHS competition.

What would be a more interesting use of bandwidth is to discuss (speculate about) why they thought the Army needed a full size grip with a compact slide. Did something in the MHS solicitation ask for that? Did discussions with the Army steer Glock in that direction? The only wild speculation that I can come up with is that they were trying to keep the overall length down when using a suppressor (trying to keep SF and SOCOM in mind). Or that they started with the 19 originally, but somewhere along the way, someone asked for more grip length for people with larger hands. At that point, they didn’t want to lengthen the slide because they were already working with the G19 weight and dimensions, so they just lengthened the grip by itself.
View Quote
Also, wasn't the first 9mm M&P basically like this too.  Full sized grip with a 4" barrel / slide.  Seems like the same thing.  I do think Smith was smart in offering a gun with a rebated grip, more like a 19 now.  Since everyone says it's basically the best size, do everything type gun (the 19).
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Glock fan boy checking in I really want this! Like the matching color package! Cool gun all around IMO, do want!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What cancels easier; a 5" revolver or a 4" revolver?
View Quote
I'm not sure which one cancels better but if you meant conceal... if they have the same size grip it wouldn't matter to ME.

This gun isn't for me but I am not against it in any way. Like I said, I hope they sell the shit out of them. There is obviously people that like it so I'm glad they made it.

If Glock is bringing out new products I'm happy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#39]
They're calling it a crossover so I guess you have to be a soccer mom to buy it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to buy one and have it cut for a Rmr.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Will it come any just plain black?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will it come any just plain black?
View Quote
I want to know this as well.

Since this is a “special” model I kinda doubt it, but I definitely would prefer plain black.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Can we get the Fde  mags?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I have never owned a Glock, but it seems fitting that after I just tried my buddies G19 gen 4 the other day I said.:

" I would kinda want this gun if it didn't have finger grooves and a slightly longer grip for my big ass hands"

And then Glock releases a 19 sized gun with no finger grooves, and a longer grip.

I will buy one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]
When I buy this, I'm gonna be tier one as fuck.

Only the tier one killas rock tan shit.   Who's down?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Meh Gen5 17 frame almost except Gen5 mag floorplates don’t work and a 19.5 slide. Not really my thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe they didn't release a bolt action .22. This is what people want. Glock is out of touch with today's customers. They could have sold dozens of these.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't believe they didn't release a bolt action .22. This is what people want. Glock is out of touch with today's customers. They could have sold dozens of these.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#50]
There seems to be a lot of misconception that this pistol is somehow intended for concealed carry.  It certainly could work in that role but its primary function (in the MHS format) was a duty pistol.  Concealed carry is hardly the only market there is for handguns and despite what is posted here I doubt most concealed carriers carry a gun even as large as a G19.  At any rate Glock already makes a great gun for concealed carry for those who can live with its size, some may have heard of it, it is called the 19.  I don't really buy into the utility of a G17 slide on a G19 frame.  I'm not against Glock making it, the more the merrier, if it sells then great.  However, are we really convinced that an extra 1/2" of barrel/slide is the answer to our concealed carry prayers?  Sure, it might offer a slight overall improvement but I think it is way oversold.  I don't notice a practical difference in speed of handling or accuracy between my G17 and G19.  If there is any difference at all in terms of handling it is slightly in favor of the 19.

The shorter slide makes sense in a duty holster.  My first duty gun was a Beretta 92.  There is a huge difference in comfort level when sitting in a patrol car (or other vehicle I imagine, I was never in the military) with a 5" barreled gun as opposed to a 4" barreled gun.  Sure, its an inch, but in the case of a duty holster it is an extra inch sticking into the seat and pushing the holster up or banging into the seat belt anchor in the seat.  My G23 duty gun is a lot more comfortable than the Beretta 96 it replaced when seated in a car.

The 19x also makes sense, just like a 17 or 19, for home defense.  There is nothing wrong with choosing a shorter slide/longer frame for that role and it might work for some people.  Nothing wrong with more choices.

If I am ever in a position where I have to provide my own duty gun I would seriously consider this; shorter slide for comfort when seated, full size grip and two extra rounds.  I'll probably buy one anyway just because I like the way it looks.  I don't "need" it, but I don't "need" most of my guns.  On the other hand, the whole 19 frame/17 slide thing doesn't appeal to me at all.  Different strokes for different folks.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top