Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 6:43:52 PM EDT
Found what I thought was an excellent deal on used Glock 17 mags on here, I'm sure they work BUT they kinda look like shit, like real shitty shit. On top of that I received a bunch that all seemingly have different types of followers, like three different variations.

I do recall someone stating that a GSSF Glock Armorer told them to send their old mags in for warranty work as they updated the follower/spring design, the person ended up getting all new mags. Now I'm not expecting that level of service however if there is a way to send them in a get updated parts I'm all over that! Have any of you sent in your old mags? How do you do it, contact Glock first or it it like the night sight service where you just fill out the form and send em in??

Also, can any of you Glock aficianados date these mags based on the follower design? All were made post 94 as they have the "restricted LE only" markings ala AWB on them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't hurt to call Glock customer service and ask. Number's on their webpage.

I've never heard of free mag service, personally, but have heard time and again about how they'll rework your pistol a charm under warranty, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn’t believe it either but the fact that I sent them a stripped slide and they rebuilt it for free with my night sight order gives credence to the idea.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
they do not warranty the mags. Ive tried a few times even when the mags were new with a glock i bought that didnt function for nothing. they will sell you new mags but that is all.

I will add, smith and Wesson has always replaced my mags even if it was because the springs were weak from shooting thousands of rounds. Smith and Wesson beats glock hands down.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent some cracked ones back during the ban days. They sent new ones, no charge for anything.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent in a dozen prebans years ago.

They replaced the follower, spring, floor plate, and lock plate in all the mags. Shipped them back to me and would not take any money.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, can any of you Glock aficianados date these mags based on the follower design? All were made post 94 as they have the "restricted LE only" markings ala AWB on them.
View Quote
The follower on the right appears to be the current version (the "6." and follower shape match my newest mags). If the mag bodies are ban-era, then someone may have replaced them or mixed them at some point.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent in 43mags for the updated version no charge
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Especially with glocks it is not about how they look but how they function.
Step one shoot at range- if reliable run them to death
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I had two old ban era 17 mags that started failing to lock the slide back this summer.  

I sent 'em in with a note and got two brand new mags in the mail (or FedEx, I can't remember) a couple weeks later.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had two old ban era 17 mags that started failing to lock the slide back this summer.  

I sent 'em in with a note and got two brand new mags in the mail (or FedEx, I can't remember) a couple weeks later.
View Quote
So you didn’t tell them that they were coming, you just sent them in right?

I have a feeling that if I just stick them with a few without warning they’d do just that, ask them and they’ll say no. Easier asking forgiveness than permission and all that jazz...

And I have little doubt if they work, I have two ban era mags with rust showing on the metal sleeve and they’ve been flawless (I’ll still take new mags tho!).
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Every time I sent them mags in I get new back , no problems .
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Sent Glock some 33 round mags with some spring issues and they sent me back new ones. On a walk in visit Glock replaced all my mags on some LE g17 and 19 trade ins along with a free rebuild. The rep that worked on my guns asked me I had any other mags with the trade ins he would swap them out too. I have always had great customer service from Glock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
@smeeg - what are these updated mags you speak of?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve sent 4 of the worst back to Glock, I’ll update my results.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#16]
on updated mags   33388-01 is the number that should be on the back of the mag
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1170156
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe he’s thinking of G42 mags? I recall they had some initial issue that led to a revision and an exchange process with Glock. I’m not aware of any similar update to G43 mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I have sent in a few, sometimes with a slide for night sights and sometimes by themselves. No problems and they have come back new.

Glock’s customer service is truly second to none. It’s a big reason they have my loyalty.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#19]
A few years ago, a guy at my PD retired and turned in his issued gun, an ancient 1st Gen G17. It even had ancient mags that came with the gun. None of the three were locking the slide back. I tried telling the Chief that mags were consumables and we should just buy 3 more but he insisted I sent them back to Glock. I did, along with a letter asking them to check them out for function. A couple weeks later, we got 3 brand new G17 mags in the mail to replace the 3 old ones. I haven't had very good luck with Glock's customer service but, for LE anyway, they will exchange old mags for new.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I stopped by the Smyrna office last year and they swapped 4 mags for me to Gen4 standard no charge.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, that settles it for me, Glock has the best CS around. I sent four LE trade in mags and they sent back four brand new Gen 4 mags, all for nothing. Granted I don’t know how much each mag actually costs them but I’d never have actually expected them to swap them.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
they do not warranty the mags. Ive tried a few times even when the mags were new with a glock i bought that didnt function for nothing. they will sell you new mags but that is all.

I will add, smith and Wesson has always replaced my mags even if it was because the springs were weak from shooting thousands of rounds. Smith and Wesson beats glock hands down.
View Quote
I will add, you are a straight up liar. Fake news, as always from you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, that settles it for me, Glock has the best CS around. I sent four LE trade in mags and they sent back four brand new Gen 4 mags, all for nothing. Granted I don’t know how much each mag actually costs them but I’d never have actually expected them to swap them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/353692/87AEC8F3-FD79-4732-B856-C4C0BC8C0EFB-350460.JPG

I will add, you are a straight up liar. Fake news, as always from you.
View Quote
Awesome news......plus a nice call out!  WINNING
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top