Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 3:34:10 PM EDT
Slide is off to battlewerx for some milling. Which barrel? Punching paper, ringing some steel and home defense. Looking at blacklist, Lantac, Zev, Wilson Combat etc. Are they all good to go?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
KKM
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
KKM if you want stainless or wanna wait for black coated

Zev in you want spendy and nice. I also really like my S3F barrel .
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Stock barrel will suit you just fine, unless you just want one that looks cool(er).
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stock barrel will suit you just fine, unless you just want one that looks cool(er).
View Quote
Yep. I saw a test recently where the general consensus was that there was nothing to be gained by putting an aftermarket barrel in a Gen 4.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Doing some research and it looks like the KKM out performs the more expensive options out there. Not going to lie, the coolness factor is nice, but the KKM looks like a winner.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nothing performance wise that is within the realm of what is appropriate to do with a glock ( you are not planning on strolling up to the fifty yard line at camp perry I take it!) is outside the capabilities of the factory barrel. Want to shoot reloads? Factory barrel will do that. Combat defensive accuracy ( sub 3” groups at 25 yards) same deal. Want to shoot cast bullets? If you know how to use a bore brush factory barrel does that too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
What is wrong with the stock barrel?  KKM makes probably the best Glock barrel but 99.9% of shooters cannot realize the benefits of a barrel swap.  Unless you are shooting lead bullets you are wasting your money on a barrel swap you would be better served by put that money to practice ammo, mags, good set of sights, improving the trigger, and probably most valuable training.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Doing some research and it looks like the KKM out performs the more expensive options out there. Not going to lie, the coolness factor is nice, but the KKM looks like a winner.

Thanks
View Quote
Unless you're looking for a threaded barrel for comp or suppressor use of save the money.

I have to ask though, how well do you shoot? Would you notice a difference? Can you outperform the OEM barrel?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unless you're looking for a threaded barrel for comp or suppressor use of save the money.

I have to ask though, how well do you shoot? Would you notice a difference? Can you outperform the OEM barrel?
View Quote
I would prob never outperform the OEM. I went a little nuts with stippling and slide mods, so I was thinking of a new barrel. And it would look good in the slide. Thanks to my wife for supplying the cash as a gift, otherwise I never would have done this stuff for myself. She said just do what you want, so right now I'm blinded by wants.

Basically, with my skill level, I'll never see a benefit of a match barrel....but that doesn't mean I don't want it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I would prob never outperform the OEM. I went a little nuts with stippling and slide mods, so I was thinking of a new barrel. And it would look good in the slide. Thanks to my wife for supplying the cash as a gift, otherwise I never would have done this stuff for myself. She said just do what you want, so right now I'm blinded by wants.

Basically, with my skill level, I'll never see a benefit of a match barrel....but that doesn't mean I don't want it.
View Quote
Take the money and buy ammo and training.  It will do you more good than the barrel.  What good does a cool looking gun do you if you cannot shoot it.  It is kind of like buying a race car and never taking an advanced driving course.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
KKM
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I use S3F, Blacklist, and Agency Arms in everything.

Good results with all. I know what you're getting at. My Agency 34 shot great with the factory barrel. But when everything else has been touched it annoys me to have a factory barrel. In the above example I can't tell much difference with 115 gr, but definitely can with 147 gr.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of good results out there over the last year, using the ransom test. The commonality is that the KKM is the best performing barrel. ZEV tends to be the most accurate from 25-50 yards, but not closer in for some reason.

The only thing I've heard is the KKM is picky with some 147 bullets due to the twist rate? Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#15]
OEM
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Here are two of my Glocks with upgrades. On the left an Adam Arms barrel and slide on a Timberwolf frame, on the right a ZEV slide with a KKM treaded barrel. They are very accurate guns.
https://flic.kr/p/X9nEei
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I've found I'm more accurate with KKM barrels
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been using a Wilson Combat for the last year ... multiple monthly IDPA matches to include several State matches and the National Championships last September.

I had to give a match barrel a try even after reading a lot of recommendations to stick with the OEM barrel.

Well, this week I shelved the Wilson barrel and put the factory barrel back in. My main reasons: 1. no noticeable accuracy increases. 2. Tighter tolerances made it more difficult getting all brands of ammo and reloads to function property. I always "case gauge" or chamber check my loads with the EGW gauge. I'd have enough not pass that would shoot fine in the factory barrel that I didn't want to mess with it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Stick with the Glock OEM barrel.

After the tenth time you have to pry your slide open with a screwdriver to get a live round out of your "match grade" barrel, you'll realize it was all bullshit, and you'll lose all faith in these improperly manufactured overpriced pieces of junk.

Part of what makes Glocks so reliable is that the chambers are cut loose to aid feeding and extraction, especially of the rare 95th percentile large round.  These aftermarket barrels lazily claim to be match grade by simply cutting the chamber very tight.  

The result is that ammunition that is manufactured to SAAMI spec will more often sieze up in these tight chambers while trying to go into battery, leaving you to pry your slide open with a screwdriver to extract a live round.

LoneWolf famously admits that their barrels come defective from the factory by offering to finish ream their chambers to the correct size for an additional fee.

Unless you want to shoot lead or shoot suppressed, stick with OEM.  Hopefully Glock will one day make their threaded barrels widely available in the correct thread patterns, and in my wildest dreams their rifled Gen 5 barrels would drop into Gen 4 guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top