Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2017 2:40:24 PM EDT
Today, I said fuck it, whipped out my Dremel tool and went to town. With the Gen5 out now (as a southpaw the ambi slide stop/release alone is worth it to me), I decided to turn the 19.4 into a project gun. The only other gun related thing I've used my Dremel tool for is opening up the loading port on my competition shotgun, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out overall.  The support hand cut could've been better, but it feels way better than stock. My fingers aren't cramped together anymore. Finger groove removal and stippling next.

If you're on the fence about doing this work yourself, do it. There are replacement frames galore

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good... Looks like you goofed just a bit on the front strap texture at the top?

You should drop in a G17 smooth face trigger in your G19 ribbed is for her pleasure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! I just did my gen 5 over the weekend. My Glock knuckle couldn't take the standard trigger guard anymore lol. I used to only do the rear cut but after doing the support hand cut to try out, they're both kind of a requirement for me now on glocks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good... Looks like you goofed just a bit on the front strap texture at the top?

You should drop in a G17 smooth face trigger in your G19 ribbed is for her pleasure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good eye. Yeah, I let the Dremel get away from me when I was rounding the edges a bit. This was also before I switched the to the Flex Shaft. Holding the body of the Dremel tool is a little unwieldy. Smooth sailing after that.

Definitely planning on dropping a new trigger in there. Probably an Overwatch TAC.

Quoted:
Nice! I just did my gen 5 over the weekend. My Glock knuckle couldn't take the standard trigger guard anymore lol. I used to only do the rear cut but after doing the support hand cut to try out, they're both kind of a requirement for me now on glocks.
This is definitely a must for me on any 19 I own from now on, including the inbound 19.5.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
removal of finger grooves, double undercut, and medium beaver tail makes glock perfection. welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly I barely notice the second undercut (on length of trigger guard). It does look cool though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always wondered how flexible it is not trigger guard going that thin. I'm 2-3 times that thick on mine and want to go thinner. Just wondering where too thin is

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
removal of finger grooves, double undercut, and medium beaver tail makes glock perfection. welcome to the club.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
feels good.

Quoted:
Honestly I barely notice the second undercut (on length of trigger guard). It does look cool though.
I debated whether to do the support hand undercut, but I already had my Dremel out and said might as well. The strong hand undercut makes more of a difference, but both cuts make it feel 100x better.

Quoted:
I've always wondered how flexible it is not trigger guard going that thin. I'm 2-3 times that thick on mine and want to go thinner. Just wondering where too thin is

[url]https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376523/Screenshot_20170921-162309-313257.JPG[/rl]
I would say I'm tiptoeing the line in terms of thinness. I'm not worried about the strength/integrity of the trigger guard, but it was flexing a bit when it was hot and fresh off the Dremel. That, and you just don't need to go as thin as I did. After it cooled down it was fine. I won't go as thin with my Gen5.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
When I do the undercut, I'll mask off with blue tape how far I want to go down so I know not to cut deeper than that. I also use a low speed on the dremel with a somewhat high grit sanding drum so it doesn't remove material too quickly.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I like it.  In about a week, I went from 0 undercuts to doing it 3x.

Improves the feel 1000%.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I do the undercut, I'll mask off with blue tape how far I want to go down so I know not to cut deeper than that. I also use a low speed on the dremel with a somewhat high grit sanding drum so it doesn't remove material too quickly.  

https://i.imgur.com/8yaJGnUl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FRsArbWl.jpg
View Quote
woah- nice. I'm going to use your picture as a template.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I like just thinning out the entire bottom of the trigger guard.  Same effect, no nubs hanging down.  Either way, I agree.  Its a must on these things.
Top Top