Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 9:29:04 AM EDT
To the best of my (limited) knowledge, I haven't heard about anything new about to introduced.
I got this image from the FB page of Mega Sports in Plainfield IL.
This is a giant gun store with thousands of guns on display, including probably over 100 Glocks.
Wondering what they mean by "NEW"..?

Any insight?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Gen 5 orders are being taken now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an article Linky
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's an article Linky
View Quote
This is the gen 4m model. Not the gen 5.

Its from last year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Can I please get a 40 MOS without frigging finger grooves?

How hard is that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
But does it go off when you drop it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
A local dealer of mine (Westcoast Armory, in Bellevue, WA) posted a very similar picture on their Instagram announcing a new Glock as well. Has the same release date 8/26/17. Fwiw
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can I please get a 40 MOS without frigging finger grooves?

How hard is that?
View Quote
Do you even dremel, bro?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is the gen 4m model. Not the gen 5.

Its from last year.
View Quote
which is what the gen5 is going to be.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
If it's a blue label 19M I'm on it like stink on shit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably sit this Gen out unless there's something revolutionary about it. I've got the removal of finger grooves and undercutting the trigger guard on mine  down at this point. I've even added front cocking serrations to my 8 Gen 4's.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If it's a blue label 19M I'm on it like stink on shit.
View Quote
My shit does not stink and watch Glock is going to have a Gen4 with front cocking serrations, MOS cut, no finger grooves, and ambi slide stop.  They will call that Gen5 and I will be disappointed because the Glock has lots of room for improvement.  The front serrations are overdue should have been on Gen4 from the beginning.  All Glocks should have the MOS cut except the 42/43 obviously.  The muzzle end of the slide should be rounded and that should have been done when they did it to the G37 it should have carried over to the all Glocks from then on.  Ambi slide stop is cool but not really significant upgrade for most.  The trigger reset spring I hope is converted over to the G42/43 style and get away from the hook spring.  A hammer forged barrel would be a cool upgrade.  Ambi mag release like the 21SF pic rail would be cool if it worked.  Finger groove either way I am cool they fit me so it does not bother me one way or another.  A G21S would be bad ass announcement or a Glock carbine.  I do like the idea of flared magwell and hope it carries over.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Beveled slide front is only change I'd like to see. Don't need or want front cuts or flared Maxwell or ambi safety. I'd buy a G40 if they'd make one w/o the MOS cut.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Beveled slide front is only change I'd like to see. Don't need or want front cuts or flared Maxwell or ambi safety. I'd buy a G40 if they'd make one w/o the MOS cut.
View Quote
I honestly foresee the MOS cut becoming standard on all Glocks.

Why would having the MOS cut effect you buying the G40?  Or do you want to have it cut yourself?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  All Glocks should have the MOS cut except the 42/43 obviously.
View Quote
Au contraire.  One might argue they need it the most, given their short sight radius which a RDS obviates.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why would having the MOS cut effect you buying the G40?  Or do you want to have it cut yourself?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't like the way it's implemented, don't really see myself using it, and if I did change my mind, I'd prefer it cut for my specific optic. I don't see why a non-MOS G40 isn't made as the other MOS guns have a non-cut version.

You may be correct in that it may be a standard feature though. If so, Gen4's would almost certainly be the last Glock's for me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Au contraire.  One might argue they need it the most, given their short sight radius which a RDS obviates.
View Quote
Maybe as pistol RDSs advance miniaturize and become more durable it might become a thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the FS model, after handling one..............but will handle the new one when it comes out.............gotta spend that GSSF coupon on one of them before it expires
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  Maybe as pistol RDSs advance miniaturize and become more durable it might become a thing.
View Quote
The market desperately needs an RDS w/ glass that folds down on holstering and pops up and turns on when unholstering.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The market desperately needs an RDS w/ glass that folds down on holstering and pops up and turns on when unholstering.
View Quote
Doesn't seem like that would be feasible, to make something that could stand up to the forces of slide cycling.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Gen 5 Release parties all across the country on 8/26

GLOCK Gen 5 Launch Parties Set for August 26th
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Doesn't seem like that would be feasible, to make something that could stand up to the forces of slide cycling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The market desperately needs an RDS w/ glass that folds down on holstering and pops up and turns on when unholstering.
Doesn't have to stay vertical or powered on when the slide's moving.  As long as it's instantly on & up on return to battery.  Retaining zero may be the hardest trick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should patent the idea.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't have the kind of money it takes to defend a patent.  I'd just like to buy one for a Glock 26 for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#26]
dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/176324_Are-the-M-series-Gen5-s-coming-out-this-year-.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top