Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2017 3:59:53 PM EDT
I still don't shoot my Gen4 G19 well, by my standards anyway.  I've tried all the backstrap options and I don't want to alter my grip that I use for all my other pistols to make my G19 shoot well for me.  I have another Gen 4 G19 that has had some work by ZEV, such as flat back strap and duty ultimate  LE trigger.  I shoot this gun very well so I'm thinking that an upgrade to the trigger might help me get this one shooting how I like (consistent POA)  I'm not opposed to another ZEV duty trigger but I'm curious what some of the other trigger options that are out there.  What are you fellas using (not stock)
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
First you should train yourself to be able to shoot a stock Glock well otherwise you are covering up a problem.  You are doing something that is making your shooting not as good as it should be.  Fixing it will make you a better shooter and with a nicer trigger a faster shooter.  My G19.4 I have changed the following
G17.4 smooth face trigger bar
"-" minus connector
Heavy trigger reset spring
Lighter striker block spring
Heinie sights
XC1 light

Doing a trigger job should never cost more than $30-40 unless you change the trigger bar to get a different show.  Glocks are not hard to upgrade and should not be expensive but companies that sell kits have been separating people from their money for some time for a slightly lighter trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Apex makes a trigger for Glocks.  Haven't installed one on a Glock, but have one for my M&P that I like.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Same set up on all but 1 now

Minus - connector
6lb trigger spring Wolff
Overwatch Precision DAT trigger
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same set up on all but 1 now

Minus - connector
6lb trigger spring Wolff
Overwatch Precision DAT trigger
View Quote
This has rapidly become my setup of choice with Glocks.

Initially I like the -/. connector (pretty interchangeable IMHO) and the Overwatch trigger, but the increased LBdage trigger spring really cleaned up the creep enough to make it good.

No issues with reliability with mine.  I'd feel confident with that setup on a CCW or Duty weapon these days.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have several Glocks and have changed out the connector on all of them but have not changed any springs or other components. I have used several different connectors including Ghost 3.5#, and a 3.5# connector available from GlockParts.com. There is also a Glock O.E.M 3.5" connector available from GlockParts. All of the connectors are drop in and require no fitting. I have also polished the trigger bar, etc. with cue tips and metal polish. All of my Glocks now have trigger pulls of 4-5# and the triggers are smoother. The G17 with the Ghost 3.5# connector is the best at about 4# and has the smoothest trigger. Good luck with your modifications!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have several Glocks and have changed out the connector on all of them but have not changed any springs or other components.the  I have used several different connectors including Ghost 3.5#, and a 3.5# connector available from GlockParts.com. There is also a Glock O.E.M 3.5" connector available from GlockParts. All of the connectors are drop in and require no fitting. I have also polished the trigger bar, etc. with cue tips and metal polish. All of my Glocks now have trigger pulls of 4-5# and the triggers are smoother. The G17 with the Ghost 3.5# connector is the best at about 4# and has the smoothest trigger. Good luck with your modifications!
View Quote
You should consider adding the heavy trigger reset spring in combination with the connector swap.  Going a connector alone makes the Glock trigger mushy but when paired with the heavier reset spring it makes the break more crisp and reset forward tension increases while lowering the trigger pull weight by about .25-.5# depending on wear of the parts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You should consider adding the heavy trigger reset spring in combination with the connector swap.  Going a connector alone makes the Glock trigger mushy but when paired with the heavier reset spring it makes the break more crisp and reset forward tension increases while lowering the trigger pull weight by about .25-.5# depending on wear of the parts.
View Quote
Appreciate your recommendation, will definitely try a heavier trigger spring! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Appreciate your recommendation, will definitely try a heavier trigger spring! Thanks!!
View Quote
When you swap the spring take note of how the old one is installed.  Very common issue is the spring is installed incorrect causing reset issue.  The hooks will be parallel to the frame should not cant left or right any.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I swear, some people must have their "this is all you need for a Glock trigger" parts list typed out in a text file that's always open on their desktop for easy copy/pasting into threads like this.

Believe it or not, Glocks are not perfect (despite what Glock might want you to think), and they can benefit from "enhancements" (hence the entire Glock aftermarket industry). Changing parts for something that you like better or something that works better for you doesn't make you a limp-wristed, dickless, girly-man who just needs to "Suck it up and learn to deal with perfection!"

If you have one Glock with an aftermarket trigger that you shoot well, and a similar factory Glock that you don't shoot well, it would seem that maybe the trigger does make a difference (for you). If you only had one gun and no access to aftermarket parts, then the whole "just learn to love it" mindset would be all you could do. But, with the variety of options out there, why waste your time?

I have used a LOT (Really. A lot.) of the aftermarket triggers out there and I have found different personal preferences. I've used different springs from different manufacturers in different combinations. I've run the gamut on connectors, firing pins and safety plungers. Some were worth the money (for me), others weren't (for me). How would I have ever known if I hadn't tried?

I currently run Apex safety plungers with a lightened spring in ALL of my Glocks. I run heavier trigger springs in MOST of my Glocks. I run factory minus connectors in almost all of my Glocks. I have a range of triggers, but I mostly stick to Overwatch Precision, IGFS or Apex these days, depending on what I'm going for.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the recommendation! I added the 6# trigger spring to my G17 as recommended and if did improve the trigger pull. Previously I added a 3.5# Ghost connector and now the trigger is great! The stronger trigger spring also reduced the trigger pull by 0.27#. The trigger pull is now 4.5#.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the recommendation! I added the 6# trigger spring to my G17 as recommended and if did improve the trigger pull. Previously I added a 3.5# Ghost connector and now the trigger is great! The stronger trigger spring also reduced the trigger pull by 0.27#. The trigger pull is now 4.5#.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a big fan of Agency triggers with TTI Grandmaster kits. The only other aftermarket trigger I have used is an Overwatch Precision. These two triggers are about as close as you can get.

Two of the Agency triggers are drop-ins and the other was a full Agency gun so it's hand fitted. All are great.

One thing you have to keep in mind, is tolerances on Glock frames vary greatly. What works great in one won't in another, even in the same model-generation.

Whenever I'm setting up a new trigger, I will change one part or one spring and run a couple magazines through it, change another part and run a couple more magazines, so on. After every change I make notes as to what changed and how it felt.

One thing to note is that what feels best dry firing may not always be what feels best in live fire.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of Agency triggers with TTI Grandmaster kits. The only other aftermarket trigger I have used is an Overwatch Precision. These two triggers are about as close as you can get.

Two of the Agency triggers are drop-ins and the other was a full Agency gun so it's hand fitted. All are great.

One thing you have to keep in mind, is tolerances on Glock frames vary greatly. What works great in one won't in another, even in the same model-generation.

Whenever I'm setting up a new trigger, I will change one part or one spring and run a couple magazines through it, change another part and run a couple more magazines, so on. After every change I make notes as to what changed and how it felt.

One thing to note is that what feels best dry firing may not always be what feels best in live fire.
View Quote
You can see that when people pick up a Glock at a LGS and are all the trigger sucks or just a new Glock in general.  I did some testing years back with new parts vs used and the difference is kind of astonishing.  A pistol right out of the box is gritty, stagey, and breaks very mushy.  Once you get about 500 rounds through the trigger changes it gets smoother, slightly lighter, and breaks cleaner then even better the more you shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top