BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm kind of surprised some of these haven't turned up in the EE.
View Quote
It's still a little early for the neckbearding.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wondering has anyone tried putting a G43 slide on one of these? Are they the exact same locking block?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just wondering has anyone tried putting a G43 slide on one of these? Are they the exact same locking block?
View Quote
The 43 slide is too thin.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He might have meant G34.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you meant G34 it won't work even if it does fit, the 34 slide does not have the ambi slide-stop cut.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's still a little early for the neckbearding.
View Quote
I don't know. CZ P10Cs started showing up just days after people started receiving them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Just picked mine up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Can someone see if a gen4 19 slide will fit on a gen5 19 frame, and gen5 slide on a gen4 frame.
I know the ambi- MIGHT get in the way, but I'd be cutting it off anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up.
View Quote
OTD price?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]
What about a extended slide stop. Is it available? Gen 4 fit?
Also does a gen 4 extended mag release fit?
Trying to decide between a G17FS or a Gen 5.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can someone see if a gen4 19 slide will fit on a gen5 19 frame, and gen5 slide on a gen4 frame.
I know the ambi- MIGHT get in the way, but I'd be cutting it off anyway.
View Quote
19 Gen 5 slide WILL fit on a 19 Gen 4 frame with NO modification.

19 Gen 4 slide WILL NOT fir on a 19 Gen 5 frame unless you modify/switch out parts.

Gen 5 frame now has a metal tab by the connector that sticks up. Unless you have the new Gen 5 slide end plate that has a bigger cutout for the new addition, it will not fit.

You can swap slide end plates and they both work just fine.

Easy solution seems to be just get the Gen 5 slide end plate and you can use Gen 4 slides that you already have.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He might have meant G34.
View Quote
Haha no I meant a 43. I heard people saying it uses the exact same locking block but I wasn't sure if they just meant the type or actually the same. I figured the 43 was too thing but I just had to know aka Glock 36/30 days
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks TacticalCoyote!

I'm getting a second 19, and would like 95% parts compatibility.
Sounds like if I put a gen5 end plate on my gen4 gun, the slides would interchange, and the only non-interchangeable parts would be the safety plunged and likely the slide-release (I'm betting alll the springs are likely the same).
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up buying both blue label with Ameriglo FBI sights. $476 each before taxes. GT distributors has a lot of them in stock in Austin. $398 with plastic Glock sights.

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder why Glock didn't bevel the dustcover to match the front of the slide.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice!  I can't wait to get my hands on a gen 5 17....
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've been wondering that as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#18]
No stupid serrated trigger shoe on the 19.5! Factory stock smooth shoe installed from the factory!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if the gen 5 ten round mags have the orange follower?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet that will be a subtle change you see in the coming months, along with the mag cutout on the 19.

Just like my early 19gen4 is missing the little backstrap "hook" that you see current models, and the finish is more like the gen 3.

Though I really want a 19 gen 5, I'm not in a hurry.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What's the difference with the rifling?
View Quote
From the pictures I can tell it's much more like the 43 rifling. It's a misnomer to say it's like "standard" rifling, it's more of a hybrid.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

From the pictures I can tell it's much more like the 43 rifling. It's a misnomer to say it's like "standard" rifling, it's more of a hybrid.
View Quote
It's conventional rifling. Barrel Profile  - right hand twist, hexagonal (GMB). Pics below from my 17.5.  Price options for Gen 5 below rifling photos.

LE MIL vs Commercial price option.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been hearing strong reports on the Gen 5 accuracy, including that it's as accurate as a Springfield custom shop 1911. Someone said 4" at 50 yards was the mechanical potential.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been hearing strong reports on the Gen 5 accuracy, including that it's as accurate as a Springfield custom shop 1911. Someone said 4" at 50 yards was the mechanical potential.
View Quote
I'm taking mine out to the range tomorrow. I can tell you I like the feel of the 17.5 vs the 19.5. The trigger is very nice out the box.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OTD price?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked mine up.
OTD price?
Too much really. It was priced at $699 and I had them add trijicon hd sights to it. I needed a pistol with me when I came back home from the hurricane evacuation and we've had two instances of looters trying to get in our house over the past couple of days. That's the price you pay when you're unprepared.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I did the ARFCOM thing on midnight release and got both.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have any idea when the G34 will be available in the Gen5 flavor?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure they have no plans for it. Realistically the Gen 5 is the M series rebranded as Generation 5. I mean they are identical in all features except the engraving on the slide. This pistol was specifically designed for the FBI contract. If they do it will likely be a very long time. We all know how it works with the release of new Glocks. Not sure if this was the only way they could sell the M series to the commercial market legally?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Glock is like Apple. they aren't going to give you everything at once.

I'm sure they will offer most of their line in the Gen 5 eventually but they want to see how the consumer reacts to the changes before ramping up production across the board.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Will the 2 pin design be adaptable to the other calibers? 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Will the 2 pin design be adaptable to the other calibers? 
View Quote
No it's a M pistol rebranded Gen 5. It was specifically designed around 9mm for the FBI.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I guess maybe I'm the only one that just really isn't all that impressed by the 5.  Got to finally hold the 19 and 17 yesterday, and yes the cutout is in a bad spot for me.  I liked the 17 better grip wise, but overall I am not that impressed with it.  

Yeah they are the newest thing out there from Glock right now, so folks are going to buy them.  I look at things differently I guess, because the 5th gen was not designed by glock, it was designed by the Feds.  Glock just built it for them.   I haven't shot one, so I can't comment on accuracy, but from the reports I have seen and read, they don't seem to be any more accurate than the 19FS I have.  

It just seems like Glock went backwards on some of the design aspects with the 5th gen.  I personally think they would have done better, by just taking the finger humps off the 4th gen guns, and tweaking a few of the internals.  To release a design that looks almost the same as previous ones, but with a ton of non current standard parts was silly.  

If they were going to do that anyway, they should have revamped the whole design and worked on the ergos a tad.  

From a LE standpoint, I wonder if there is going to be any holster fitment issues with duty holsters.  The ambi slide lock will not allow it to fit in my Safariland 6370 ALS belt holster.  Not sure on the 6360 ALS duty rig holster.  If there are fitment issues there, that can cost as department some $$$ changing gear.  

I just don't see anything the 5th gen offers me, that my 4th gens aren't already doing.

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm hoping a lot of used 17 Gen 4s will now flood the market
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm hoping a lot of used 17 Gen 4s will now flood the market
View Quote
I was thinking I might replace my aging 2nd gen G17 with a 5, but I think I am just going to pick up a 4th Gen G17FS to match my 19FS.  All the serrations on my FS models look good next to my APX...:)

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Officially announced on Glock website. http://gen5.glock.us

Official advertisement video

Official features video.

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I guess maybe I'm the only one that just really isn't all that impressed by the 5.  Got to finally hold the 19 and 17 yesterday, and yes the cutout is in a bad spot for me.  I liked the 17 better grip wise, but overall I am not that impressed with it.  

Yeah they are the newest thing out there from Glock right now, so folks are going to buy them.  I look at things differently I guess, because the 5th gen was not designed by glock, it was designed by the Feds.  Glock just built it for them.   I haven't shot one, so I can't comment on accuracy, but from the reports I have seen and read, they don't seem to be any more accurate than the 19FS I have.  

It just seems like Glock went backwards on some of the design aspects with the 5th gen.  I personally think they would have done better, by just taking the finger humps off the 4th gen guns, and tweaking a few of the internals.  To release a design that looks almost the same as previous ones, but with a ton of non current standard parts was silly.  

If they were going to do that anyway, they should have revamped the whole design and worked on the ergos a tad.  

From a LE standpoint, I wonder if there is going to be any holster fitment issues with duty holsters.  The ambi slide lock will not allow it to fit in my Safariland 6370 ALS belt holster.  Not sure on the 6360 ALS duty rig holster.  If there are fitment issues there, that can cost as department some $$ changing gear.  

I just don't see anything the 5th gen offers me, that my 4th gens aren't already doing.

TXPO
View Quote
No you are not alone, we may be however ! Handled the 19.5 couple days ago and despite all the changes/improvements it's still just a Glock 19.  Can't see spending the bucks to move up from my current 19.4 at this point.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Pic request:

Can someone with hands on one take some more detailed/ closeups of the magwell?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pic request:

Can someone with hands on one take some more detailed/ closeups of the magwell?
View Quote
As requested @wtturn

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Perfect, thanks so much!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Got the call and went and picked a 19 up today. The comments about the magwell cutout had me on the fence but after holding it in person it really wasn't noticeable. I have long fingers though but I could see how it would be uncomfortable with stumpy hands. The trigger definitely feels different, better in a way.

$599 + tax

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
...they beveled it to match on the MHS pistols...
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
There really isn't a whole lot of frame sticking out to bevel. Not enough to worry about IMO.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Glock hates us. 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Any word on when Gen 5 barrels for the G19 will be coming out?  I would be interested in trying out a factory Gen 5 barrel before another brand of barrel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No they didn't
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#47]
If I had to guess it had to do with the functionality of tactical lights. Engineers are smart people. They don't hate you!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#48]
they could have been a little less aggressive with the bevel and it would pretty much match...

yeah I don't get the whole lets redesign 80% of the parts and not end up with a whole lot of changes in the end...  A Gen 3 without finger grooves and metal sights is all I wanted...

They should have gone nuts and done a Pro model with a different grip angle and interchangeable backstraps so you could go from flat to humped.   At least a bunch of non interchangeable parts would make sense then.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
With 124grain white box NATO I had solid groups at 15y.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No they didn't
View Quote
well, you're right...thought I saw an early shot of the MHS pistols, and the muzzle end of the dustcover matched the slide's bevel...hmmmm....
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top