Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 11:01:43 PM EDT
Anyone use and aftermarket barrel in their g19 and g21's and how reliable are they for a full-time carry gun? What barrel makers would you recommend for aftermarket barrels? The G21 I may change over to a 45 Super for hunting season. So the full chamber support would be a plus.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
KKM are GTG
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got lone wolf in 2 of my 3 19's thousands of rounds never an issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have tried S3F on a 21 and Zev on the 19. They are good to go in my book.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Most times problems arise with aftermarket barrels when the user is shooting reloads.  This especially holds true with LWD they tend to machine their barrels with tighter chambers.

If I was buying aftermarket barrel I would buy KKM or Storm Lake.  Just to replace the stock barrel I would not but if I needed a threaded then yeah I would go aftermarket.  The Glock barrel is damn good and just as good as any aftermarket replacement.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The stock barrels are good if they're in the caliber you desire... I have swapped barrels in a few Glocks to KKM not for the potential accuracy increases but for opening up the world of cast loads.
I barely even use cast anymore as many polymer coated and plated bullets are almost as cheap (and lead my bores a lot less).

I wouldn't be opposed to swapping to KKM for a .45super conversion, just make sure you spring it right.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a threaded sico barrel in my g19 and it shoots better than the oem barrel. i also have a storm lake threaded barrel for a g17 i havent built yet
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had 2 LWD barrels, one took a little longer to work reliably with a can.
But it calmed down after 50 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I thank each and everyone of you for your feedback on the barrels and their reliability!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My duty gun has an S3F in it, as does every other Glock I carry aside from my 43.

Absolutely no problems trusting them.  

Ran KKM when I owned M&P's and they were great as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a 21 lone wolf barrel the old style.  So very limited results so far.

Didn't work at all with 185 swc.

Ran 200 rnds of plated 230 rn no problem at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top