Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 11:27:00 AM EDT
My shooting buddy has a well used Glock 19 that is getting inconsistent primer strikes.  He's former USMC and current FF, and his wife is an active beat LEO.  They are not gun noobs (plenty of professional training and classes).  The Glock has been detailed stripped and cleaned.  It is still giving inconsistent strikes / primer ignition.  The rounds will fire after they're cycled and struck again.  The ammo doesn't matter (we've tried everything from cheap Wolf to premium defense ammo).

We're awaiting a firing pin replacement.  If this doesn't work...any other ideas?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
We also checked the extractor / cleaned under it and the breech face thinking the case wasn't getting seated against the breech securely / evenly.  No joy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Replace the firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The striker tip is probably worn or chipped.  

I generally replace all the springs, extractor, and striker.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the info.   I visually inspected the striker, and it does look a little wonky under a magnifying glass.   The face almost looks "rocked" (if you're a mason you'll understand what I mean).

I hadn't thought about the spring.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Agree with other posters.  Either striker spring, striker, the channel liner is damaged or the channel is gummed up(should be dry and clear).
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree with other posters.  Either striker spring, striker, the channel liner is damaged or the channel is gummed up(should be dry and clear).
View Quote
My bet is the channel liner is fouled up.  Had the same issue with one of mine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the info.   I visually inspected the striker, and it does look a little wonky under a magnifying glass.   The face almost looks "rocked" (if you're a mason you'll understand what I mean).

I hadn't thought about the spring.
View Quote
Always try the cheapest/easiest fix first, and that's the firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to try to meet him at the range this week to see if we can solve the issue.  I'll detail strip to see if the channel is clear too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Glocks customer service is supposed to be amazing. I've never needed it but I would just send the slide in to Glock. They will replace all internals and I'm pretty sure it's free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top