Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 6:07:17 PM EDT
Maybe my Googlefu is lacking, but I can't find much on the new LWD Alpha Slides. Anyone have any input or experience with them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody? A guy posted a review on Brownell's product page saying his G19 slide required some break in before it functioned properly. Granted, I generally assume all aftermarket parts require some fitting, but I feel like these slides should be pretty good out of the box with how long LWD has been making slides.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the G19 AlphaWolf. Machining is pretty nice. Some very light but visible tool marks on the top, but I couldn't really feel them. If it had a black finish I don't know that you could tell it wasn't a Glock factory slide if not for the lack of markings on the side.

No issues in firing. I did lube it up and racked the slide a number of times to wear it in a little prior to hitting the range. Definitely some areas that need to wear just a little bit, but nothing major.

That said, my only complaint so far is the striker channel was super tight. I messed up one striker channel liner trying to get it in there and almost screwed up a second. Probably would have been fine if I had the special installation tool.

I plan on getting it milled for an RMR cut and black nitride eventually.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I will likely pick up a G34 slide when they become available. OEM gen 3 slides are outrageous in price lately.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been waiting over 2 months for the slides to come in. Good luck. I wound up going with a ZEV. I figured by the time I got the Wolff slide, refinished it and had some machining done, I would have more into it than what it would be worth compared to ZEV. There is a website I bought mine from-USATAC Inc., ( I have no relation to them other than being a first time buyer and am well pleased), and the slides and parts had a discount of 20% on their price listed I believe. It is a great deal. He did not have what I wanted in stock so I had to wait an extra day to get one from ZEV, but like the owner told me, since it would be coming from ZEV directly, you get the top rmr cover plate and all parts for free. From the time I ordered one to the time I got it was 6 days only because it was not in his stock. Not too shabby for a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't get too whizzbang with the slide as I want to shoot it in USPSA Production, so the LWD is appealing for its lack of machining features.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Just out of curiosity, do they allow front cocking serrations on the slide? I ask because I was wanting to do some competing and am thinking about sending out a oem slide for some machining/work.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The way I understand the rules is milling for grip is allowed if it isn't done to lighten the slide (like a ZEV slide). Keep in mind, this very well could be wrong, so I would check the rule book or call a USPSA director.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top