Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:39:54 AM EDT
I have been kicking around the idea of getting back into USPSA and while I am tempted by the sexy Italian Tanfoglio or the classic American 1911, the gun I have by far the most experience with (and previous USPSA experience) is Glock.

Since everyone loves pictures, post up for your race Glocks! What mods do have for which class?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Limited

dawson sights

magwell

trigger job

140mm magazine extensions

match barrel with conventional rifling

( and you'll spend the whole time wishing you had an STI )
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I am starting back in next month after a 3 year lay off.  I am going with a Taran Tactical G35.  I had it out yesterday at the range doing various drills on the plate rack.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Would a 35 built from an RTF2 frame be legal in Limited?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would a 35 built from an RTF2 frame be legal in Limited?
View Quote
Why wouldn't it be?
My glock 35 has under cut trigger guard, grip reduction with finger grooves removed and stippling

Rest of gun has dawson fiber optic front sight, adjustable rear, LWD barrel, tungsten recoil rod, vanek trigger, dawson ice magwell,  dawson extended mag bases.

Still not better than my CZ TS orange or SVI 2011 though but it got me started in limited major.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are slacking, OP asked for pictures!  

I agree with AJE that some people spend too much on tricking out their Glocks for Limited.  You don't need stuff like slide cuts or aftermarket barrels.

Quoted:
I did use a magwell for awhile but I pinched my finger in between it and the mag extensions one too many times.
View Quote
I've done that a few times; it's not a pleasant feeling
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a gen 3 G34 for USPSA multi gun and Limited minor.... Heinie slant pro rear, Dawson .245" tall front (.090" wide)... un captured stainless guide rod with IMSI spring... Briley barrel... factory polished trigger control parts... JP Enterprises mag release button...beveled frame plug...factory +2 mag extension.... 135 Bayou coated with WSF at 130pf
Les   L747...

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys are slacking, OP asked for pictures!  

http://i.imgur.com/mYKyYtm.jpg

I agree with AJE that some people spend too much on tricking out their Glocks for Limited.  You don't need stuff like slide cuts or aftermarket barrels.

I've done that a few times; it's not a pleasant feeling
View Quote
That is awesome. Is the 24 much of an advantage over the 35?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Was shooting a CZ 75B and a 1911 for 3Gun. My match mate decided she liked the fit and feel of a Glock 17. So, I went out 2 years ago and bought a 34 too.  Both of them are setup identical.

Gen 4 17 and 34
Dawson Sights
TTI Trigger kits
Dawson Magwell (Brass for the weight)
140mm pads
Jager Rods and 13lb springs (with adapter)

We shoot Limited Minor now and then, mostly 3Gunning it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is awesome. Is the 24 much of an advantage over the 35?
View Quote
I can tell that I shoot the 24 more accurately than the 35.  The longer the sight radius, the better I shoot.  I don't think it's a huge difference though.  I also have a 35 and used it for a while in Limited until I got the 24; it's now my backup gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Just built a budget 35 for Limited.  Been shooting Production.  Haven't shot it in a match yet.

Used the reciever from my G4 G17 and found a 35 upper on here
Dawson adjustable FO sights
DK Trigger W/ Lightened Stiker - I swapped out the connector for a Zev since the one it came with was too squishy.  My older DK isn't like that.
Zev heavy brass magwell - I really like the balance of the gun with this.  Not nose heavy like my Stock 2 was.  I could never get used to that.
Extended aluminum mag release
Zev full length guide rod 14# spring
Undercut trigger guard
Dawson grip tape
TTI +4 Base Pads
KKM barrel that came with the upper

It's worth it for the mag release and mag well alone.  Makes reloads so much easier since I'm not a baller yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
40 round stages eh?  Interesting.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would if Photobucket wasn't the worst website on the entire internet.

How about video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rCsHFChEg
View Quote
Yeah photobucket is terrible, I switched to imgur.

I like how you first locked the slide back on the first stage to insert a 20 round mag .  I will normally never reload to a full 20 rounds; one stage a while ago I really needed to do it after a reload so I consciously thought about slamming that mag in hard.  They'll seat, but it's not easy!  

And stage 2 was 30 something rounds from one shooting position
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was the end of year monster match.... Here's a more normal one at that club (IIRC I was high overall at one of these).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_agnp02hY
View Quote
What's the distance of those farther targets?

Just trying to gauge it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#18]
G4 frame, G31 slide, Taylor Freelance sight block, Lone Wolf G35 barrel, SJC frame weight, Dawson mag well, mix of sights with fo front, Zev competition trigger spring kit with $.25 trigger job.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I would if Photobucket wasn't the worst website on the entire internet.

How about video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rCsHFChEg
View Quote
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Gen 3 24 or 35
Good fiber sights
140mm mags (at least two @140mm, some people buy five outright, you can ease into this)
Drop in trigger unit (get 1,000 rounds on the gun first)
Skateboard tape for grip (don't stipple right away, may not need it)
Good holster

Done... This isn't rocket science. A lot of people drop another thousand into the gun before they settle on a preferred load. Figure that out while the gun is mostly stock. That load may dictate what trigger/spring weights are going to be the most reliable. And don't put a match barrel in it. You get almost no performance gain unless the stock barrel doesn't shoot your load of choice well, which is almost never the case.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#21]
You can find police trade in G22's for about $300, sometimes less.  Add fo sight, $.25 trigger job and a mag extension and you are in the game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top