Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:59:14 PM EDT
So....  I bought a polymer 80 frame, pre-ordered back in January and just took delivery today. I pre-ordered the Smooth "ready mod" version, and found out they released the textured version first (in Feb with ready mod to ship in March). Well it finally shipped and it came in as the textured version.

I called brownells and they said they sold out of the ready mod and must have mistakenly sent me the textured.  They do not know when they will receive the smooth version again since it will be on back order agin. So I don't know if I should keep it or send it back and keep on waiting. Realistically, I can stipple over the current texture. Just kinda pissed I ordered the right part and they sent me the wrong one and do not have anymore of the one I wanted to make it right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
At least you got one, I ordered two (one stippled and one smooth) from Brownells on 12/23 Still haven't gotten any.

I'm not sure how Brownells is shipping, but I could have avoided a pre-order and just ordered from the dealers that actually have them in stock right now.

They were also $150 at a show I went to last week and I held off as I pre-ordered - Kind of getting frustrated with Brownells on this one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a little research before I placed my pre-order and found a company that was second in line to get them. I got my frame a couple of weeks ago.
MAG COMMANDER
BTW the customer service there has been wonderful. Very quick responses to emails.

On March 18th Polymer80 said this on their Facebook page about Brownells:
"They recently placed another order with us. I would reason that they quickly
have filled and shipped their first batch of preorders, and are waiting
for us to fulfill the second round of orders.
Again the fault is NOT theirs, as Brownells is waiting for us to ship more frames."

I think Rainier Arms got theirs first but they are out of stock now.
Mag Commander and Glockstore shows stock on the textured.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least you got one, I ordered two (one stippled and one smooth) from Brownells on 12/23 Still haven't gotten any.

I'm not sure how Brownells is shipping, but I could have avoided a pre-order and just ordered from the dealers that actually have them in stock right now.

They were also $150 at a show I went to last week and I held off as I pre-ordered - Kind of getting frustrated with Brownells on this one.
View Quote
I pre-ordered in January and the price was significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
After all dealer discounts and coupons it came out to $101 shipped per frame. I'll wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it not worth it to order directly from here?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is it not worth it to order directly from here?
View Quote
From Polymer80's website:
"Available to pre-order Polymer80 Dealers ONLY. For a list of Polymer80 Deales click HERE"

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my textured frame from Brownells today. Pre-ordered back in December. Of course, I'm impatient and grabbed one off the EE 2 weeks ago, so now I'll have to build a whole other gun
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I pre-ordered two, both ready mod (I could have sworn anyway) and two stippled ones showed up. Works for me, I'm not picky

I finished one of them, never made a %80 before...and on mine the rear rails are tight. So FYI. I don't know if it's just me and the Gen 2 slide I'm trying it on, or if it'll be "normal"...

Tight as in, the slide would go back, but it would need some help going back forward. Right now it needs a firm smack, and it took a while just to get to the point where I could manipulate the slide the whole way open...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I finished one of them, never made a %80 before...and on mine the rear rails are tight. So FYI. I don't know if it's just me and the Gen 2 slide I'm trying it on, or if it'll be "normal"...

Tight as in, the slide would go back, but it would need some help going back forward. Right now it needs a firm smack, and it took a while just to get to the point where I could manipulate the slide the whole way open...
View Quote
Mine was like that too. I used a Hazard Fraught precision needle file set to fix that. Have patience and remove jut a little bit at a time, testing the slide movement between filings.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine wouldn't even slide on the rear rails, the rails hit the sides of the slide
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top