Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 9:55:52 AM EDT
Recently purchased a glock 20. I haven't had time to put range time in yet, yes I know, I know, but I will soon. Anyways, I have a handgun javelina hunt and missed some seriously easy shots from various ranges. So to check if it was me jerking or pulling I took some slow easy shots at some standing jackrabbits from 10 yards to 25 yards and nothing. I've shot out of the stock barrel and a lonewolf barrel and same thing  again, I know its alil hard to evaluate with that limited shooting but I cannot believe I am missing the way I am completely do to just me being that bad of a shot. I shoot pistols semi regularly so I understand the mechanics of squeezing and such. Shoot 9mm regularly at distances from 25 yards in. Hell, my buddys 1911 I can hit bowling pins at 35 and 40 yards no problem. Any ideas??
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Have to actually put in on paper to make sure the sights are not way off for your chosen ammunition?

Assuming your are a good shot with solid shooting fundamentals could the extra recoil of 10mm Auto be causing you to anticipate the shot, throwing your aim off at the last moment?

You really do need to get it on paper to diagnose this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to actually put in on paper to make sure the sights are not way off for your chosen ammunition?

Assuming your are a good shot with solid shooting fundamentals could the extra recoil of 10mm Auto be causing you to anticipate the shot, throwing your aim off at the last moment?

You really do need to get it on paper to diagnose this.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree with everything you said, which I basically knew already. Was just curious if anyone may be using this setup and what they experienced. I don't really have time right now to go shoot but maybe I will go back to my 9mm for the rest of the hunt till I can get this pistol figured out. Any recommendations on good accurate 10mm ammo? Doesn't need to be any particular bullet or weight just what you guys have found to be accurate out of a G20.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
In my experience, 99% of shooting issues like these are a result of the person behind the trigger.

The other 1% is the gun, ammo, sights, etc...

Put some range time in on paper and see what's going on. You may be part of the 1% in this instance, but it very likely is something that you're doing.

I never had any issue with Underwood ammo in 10mm (or 9mm). It's certainly hot, but I never found it to be inaccurate.

My coworker shoots a good amount of Underwood in his stock G20 (well, more than me anyways. I only tried like 3 boxes of Underwood before I switched to reloading all of my own 10mm -- he has probably gone through 4 or 500 rounds of Underwood), and any accuracy issues with it are due to his inexperience, not the gun/ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Try some Sig 180gr FMJ ammo.  My Glock 20 gen 4 and 40 MOS love it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I tend to think it is probably me jerking the trigger or just pulling as I squeeze the trigger. I'd rather it be that honestly then something wrong with the ammo or gun. Range time is a easier and funner fix then the other two  . My fault though for not going out before the season started.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top