Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll probably pick up a 19M when they become available.

If Glock releases a 19M MOS, then I'll be picking one of those.

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The 17M article mentions "changes in the safety plunger."

Does anyone know how it was changed? Is it more rounded like the aftermarket firing pin blocks?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does anyone know how it was changed? Is it more rounded like the aftermarket firing pin blocks?
View Quote
Its basically the G43 safety plunger.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy a 17M first chance I get.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Instead of being round with a bevel, like current Glocks, it is more angled, like the 42/43. It is also designed to keep it from getting dinged up by the striker like the current guns.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
That cut out everybody hates is for lanyard attachment.

Do y'all even operate?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That cut out everybody hates is for lanyard attachment.

Do y'all even operate?
View Quote
I think they're talking about the one in the front for ripping out mags.  It sucks on the 19s, doesn't bother me on the 17s.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would buy a 17M first chance I get.
View Quote
I'm in for two.  

I'm chop one up THE DAY I get it.  It's gonna become the first 17MK.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They 17M is basically a double stack full size G43.  I'm not sure why Glock won't call it a Gen 5, because it is a different pistol than the Gen Gen 4.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I may have missed it but do they still have the polygonal barrels?

or did they go with standard ?

on the " M " 
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I may have missed it but do they still have the polygonal barrels?

or did they go with standard ?

on the " M " 
View Quote
IIRC the contract stipulated land and groove rifling.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in for two.  

I'm chop one up THE DAY I get it.  It's gonna become the first 17MK 19ML.
View Quote
fify

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
In case anyone's interested, the April issue of SWAT magazine has an article about the FBI's procurement of the G19M, apparently written by an FBI agent (I scanned through the article at the store but didn't buy the magazine). It has some good photos, including a comparison of the internals with a Gen 4. It also mentions that the FBI selected Speer 147 gr Gold Dot G2s as their standard 9mm ammo for use in these pistols. I was a little surprised by that because I've seen some less than stellar reviews of the G2 ammo compared to standard Gold Dots.

One thing I noticed is that I think the FBI G19M appears to have the round cutout at the base of the front strap, contrary to previous comments here. I have to back and look at the magazine again, I guess, because I didn't pay close attention to that, until I re-read this thread. Hopefully I'm just misremembering from looking at the article this morning. Anyway, I think the article is worth a look if you're interested in the new M models.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In case anyone's interested, the April issue of SWAT magazine has an article about the FBI's procurement of the G19M, apparently written by an FBI agent (I scanned through the article at the store but didn't buy the magazine). It has some good photos, including a comparison of the internals with a Gen 4. It also mentions that the FBI selected Speer 147 gr Gold Dot G2s as their standard 9mm ammo for use in these pistols. I was a little surprised by that because I've seen some less than stellar reviews of the G2 ammo compared to standard Gold Dots.

One thing I noticed is that I think the FBI G19M appears to have the round cutout at the base of the front strap, contrary to previous comments here. I have to back and look at the magazine again, I guess, because I didn't pay close attention to that, until I re-read this thread. Hopefully I'm just misremembering from looking at the article this morning. Anyway, I think the article is worth a look if you're interested in the new M models.
View Quote
You are correct.  The pic of the 19M does show it to have the cutout like the 17M.  The new G2 ammo has shown to perform really good out of a fullsize pistol.  The tests I saw online showed the ammo didn't do so well in short barreled pistols.  YMMV
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
The 17 has the cut the 19 does not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's a 19, it has the cut.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Maybe I misunderstood. If we are talking about the cutout for stripping magazines, the 19 does not have it.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes' the first batches of that new G2 ammo had lots of issues with failing to expand no matter what it was shot out if, they recalled most that ammk and made it training ammo only, since then I guess they figured out that the machine that cuts the skives into the bullets was not cutting the correct depth, I had a box of the first batch stuff cause almost every thing I shot failed to expand, I have some new stuff but have yet to test it... but HST IMHO would've been a better choice...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems some 19's have the cut and some don't ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seems some 19's have the cut and some don't ?
View Quote
That appears to be the case.

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe I misunderstood. If we are talking about the cutout for stripping magazines, the 19 does not have it.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55995/IMG-3989-178316.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55995/IMG-3988-178327.JPG
View Quote
This 19M without the frontstrap half moon cutout also appears to not have the slight magwell flared opening as shown in the other pic. Curiouser and curiouser...
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Currently I own one Glock, a 43. Usually I'm not a huge Glock fan but I really like the 43, and I love the texture. Usually, the finger grooves, lack of texture and triggers on Glocks are a big turn off. That being said, the moment I can order a blue label 19M I will be on it like a pack of rabid dogs on a 3 legged cat. It does seem to finally be the "perfect" Glock pistol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This 19M without the frontstrap half moon cutout also appears to not have the slight magwell flared opening as shown in the other pic. Curiouser and curiouser...
View Quote
I have a feeling that one of those guns is going to be worth some money one day. The several that I have seen don't have the cutout.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that one of those guns is going to be worth some money one day. The several that I have seen don't have the cutout.
View Quote
Any chance those frames were the originals or are the replacements from that original batch that went to IMPD that had problems? Just trying to think of the timeline and how there could be different versions of the M frame. I think I've read that Glock did not want to do the flared magwell, and low and behold, there is a version of the M frame out there without the flare (or the cut out). Perhaps that's what the actual Gen5 frame will look like. All speculation here of course.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any chance those frames were the originals or are the replacements from that original batch that went to IMPD that had problems? Just trying to think of the timeline and how there could be different versions of the M frame. I think I've read that Glock did not want to do the flared magwell, and low and behold, there is a version of the M frame out there without the flare (or the cut out). Perhaps that's what the actual Gen5 frame will look like. All speculation here of course.
View Quote
Yeah, I wonder if one of those is a beta gun? I know an agency that has a few and they don't have the cut. There is a slight flare on the gun above, but not not as much as the 17.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#26]
The water always seem to get muddy when talking about the new Glock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If there is a 23, it's more super secret than the 19.

There is no cutout on the 19.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55995/IMG-3988-134709.JPG
View Quote
I'm with you.  I doubt that there would be a 23 model.  The contract they're producing the M models for specified 9mm, so producing a .40 M variant would be pointless.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Dumb question for the guys that have the 17/19M's already. Does the slide release with the slide catch about as easily as the older models? I know the M models now have a redesigned ambi catch similar to what the M&P has. Just wondering if that makes it easier or harder to release.

Not really a power stroke guy other than for malfunctions, so was curious.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dumb question for the guys that have the 17/19M's already. Does the slide release with the slide catch about as easily as the older models? I know the M models now have a redesigned ambi catch similar to what the M&P has. Just wondering if that makes it easier or harder to release.

Not really a power stroke guy other than for malfunctions, so was curious.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting, thanks for the pic. Is it easier, harder, or the same pressure to release the slide compared to the prior gens? I suppose I'm curious if the right side catch makes it harder to release from the left side.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Interesting, thanks for the pic. Is it easier, harder, or the same pressure to release the slide compared to the prior gens? I suppose I'm curious if the right side catch makes it harder to release from the left side.
View Quote
It's the same on either side. If you are a lefty and shoot high thumbs,  be prepared to get failures to lock back on the last round.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's the same on either side. If you are a lefty and shoot high thumbs,  be prepared to get failures to lock back on the last round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the lefties are going going to have this issue shooting high thumbs wouldn't the right handers have same issue since pressure is the same ?  That's one advantage us lefties have always had with slide stop on left side of gun.  My M2.0 is first pistol I've owned with ambi slide stop. So far I haven't engaged it while shooting but it's pretty stiff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If the lefties are going going to have this issue shooting high thumbs wouldn't the right handers have same issue since pressure is the same ?  That's one advantage us lefties have always had with slide stop on left side of gun.  My M2.0 is first pistol I've owned with ambi slide stop. So far I haven't engaged it while shooting but it's pretty stiff.
View Quote
My grip,isn't in the wrong place, that ambi bullshit is.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  I've used the ambi slide stop on my M&P few times ( normally slingshot style) with support thumb while gripping, wasn't to bad actually.  If I get the 19M may try to use it on there too.  Won't reverse any mag releases though, to many years of using trigger finger on the release to retrain.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hacksaw.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hacksaw.
View Quote
In true ARFCOM fashion, I have considered the Dremel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is your pistol an issued duty gun?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is your pistol an issued duty gun?
View Quote
It is.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would be nice if they made independent L & R versions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'll probably pick up a 19M when they become available.

If Glock releases a 19M MOS, then I'll be picking one of those.

View Quote
With a quickness.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#41]
The 19M I shot today had the front cut out , along  with the 17M.  I'm digging both. My Glock fairy told me they wouldn't be released for public consumption until shot 2018. The flared mag wells and ambi slide levers are nice . There are a couple minor internal updates in the works as well.  They shoot well. I think they will put a hurt on aftermarket frame work and add on mag well sales
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The 19M I shot today had the front cut out , along  with the 17M.  I'm digging both. My Glock fairy told me they wouldn't be released for public consumption until shot 2018. The flared mag wells and ambi slide levers are nice . There are a couple minor internal updates in the works as well.  They shoot well. I think they will put a hurt on aftermarket frame work and add on mag well sales
View Quote
SHOT 2018 makes more sense especially given the new Front slide serrated and 'C' models coming out this summer (Gen 4).
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I am in for one and a cheap gen 3 when people start dropping the old safe queens for the new gen 5,  I hope anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#44]
The Gen3 didn't seem to get any cheaper after the Gen4.  If the 5 proves to be a real improvement, maybe it will be worth an upgrade.  

Myself, I went to Gen4, and back to Gen3 as I prefer the trigger in the 3.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd jump on a 19M
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted: I'd jump on a 19M
View Quote
I will probably do the same.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top