BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
If anyone was wondering, custom retention holsters are unconscionably expensive when you price them out...

Itll be wrapped in black Multicam and should be here in a few weeks
View Quote
You need to come down to PineRidge so I can shoot a comped gun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
When it finally gets finished I'll drop you a line and we can zero it and hopefully shoot the piss out if it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

You need to come down to PineRidge so I can shoot a comped gun.
When it finally gets finished I'll drop you a line and we can zero it and hopefully shoot the piss out if it.
Cool

I'll fire up the megit trainer if you want (crappy video I know, I need a better one)

Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a roland special barrel and comp from KKM last night, ended up going with black nitride. How long did you guys have to wait to get your barrel? Site says 7 weeks for g19 barrels and 90 days for black nitride so I guess close to 5 months from now I will get my Barrel and comp?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:32:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 32DOHC] [#5]
Still need to swap over to a G19 ejector and throw in a - connector but it's getting there.

RMR comes tomorrow....now just need to maybe trade these glock 19 mags I ordered for a sure fire light.  Didn't know G19 mags didn't fit with the Freya mag well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
I ordered a roland special barrel and comp from KKM last night, ended up going with black nitride. How long did you guys have to wait to get your barrel? Site says 7 weeks for g19 barrels and 90 days for black nitride so I guess close to 5 months from now I will get my Barrel and comp?
View Quote
I didn't want to wait that long so I bought a bedazzled Zev barrel 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
Still need to swap over to a G19 ejector and throw in a - connector but it's getting there.

RMR comes tomorrow....now just need to maybe trade these glock 19 mags I ordered for a sure fire light.  Didn't know G19 mags didn't fit with the Freya mag well.
View Quote
Wait... wut?

My 19.4 has a Freya on it and stock Glock 19 (gen 3 and 4) mags fit and function fine... I can even get a grip to strip em if I need to.

Haven't tried the Magpul or ETS 19 sized mags with the Freya, but stock fit and function fine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
 Didn't know G19 mags didn't fit with the Freya mag well.
View Quote
They do.

Did you install the magwell correctly?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 32DOHC] [#10]
Disregard. I did not have it installed correctly. All is well with the world.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

They do.

Did you install the magwell correctly?
View Quote
Now it is. 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:02:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#12]
Rate my work.

It was dying during dry fire and slide release. Bent both contacts and added a piece of electrical tape. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/20170711-103026-251389.jpg
View Quote
That looks very similar to mine... if you have any further flicker problems, cut a tiny strip of rubberband and put it behind the 'wing' contact on the side.  Replace it whenever you replace the battery.  It does the same thing the electrical tape does... just from the side.
edit to add:  I also use the electrical tape loop from the bottom.

Of 5 rmr's I own, only one ever flickered... the tape loop and rubberband wedge solved that issue.  I do it on all of mine now as a unnecessary precaution.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Gen 3 Glock 23

Zev Folcrum
Ameriglow supressor sights
Zev magwell
Suarez seal plate
Taran Tactical #15 stainless guide rod and spring
Rmr06
Slide work and creakote done by Rivers Bend Gun Co. out of Weston MO
TBRCI .40 micro comp
Silencerco G23 barrel
X300u-a
Factory mags with Taran +2 base and spring
Bottle of Miliary Special Scotch because Merica!

Raven Roland Special Phantom
Safariland 6354doAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
So I fo'd on the cabelas RMR and want to put it on a glock here are the ideas I've kicked around:

Buy an MOS 19 and make a Fauxland special
Buy an aftermarket G17 slide that's milled for the RMR (Suarez is what I was leaning towards)
Or make a mini Fauxland special with a G26. I saw that KKM has a barrel and comp for the G26 but haven't seen any pictures of a comp'd 26

Anyone have any input?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FreshPrince:
So I fo'd on the cabelas RMR and want to put it on a glock here are the ideas I've kicked around:

Buy an aftermarket G17 slide that's milled for the RMR (Suarez is what I was leaning towards)
Or make a mini Fauxland special with a G26. I saw that KKM has a barrel and comp for the G26 but haven't seen any pictures of a comp'd 26

Anyone have any input?
View Quote
I did a G19.4 MOS with the KKM barrel as a Fauxland... I'm loving it.  It seemed to make the most financial sense as I was just dipping my toes back into the 9mm Glock pool.  The KKM barrel/comp will make the 19.4 MOS the same length as a 34 if you have holsters for that already.
Suarez seems hit and miss in opinion... it seems to be more personal opinion of the man vs. quality of work.  He  has some strong haters... perhaps rightly so, I don't have a dog in that fight.

Doing it with a 17 seems interesting, but I didn't want to mill my Gen1 17 (only 9mm Glock I had when I started down this path) or get a newer one to have a rail... so either way I went, I needed a new frame to build on.  The 17 would result in a fairly big package to conceal... my 19 with KKM/X300U is concealable easily enough, pushing the barrel out another .6" or so might make that more difficult.

I'm pondering getting a comped barrel for my 29.4 now as I put a Dueck Defense RBU on it and put an RMR 06 in there... just need a comp and it's the daddy of all Fauxlands.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
The most gain from installing a RMR is on smaller guns with short sight radius.  It would be baller as heck on a Glock 26, would make sense for a Glock 19... and still be a benefit on the Glock 17... but really, it's on the 26 and 19 it would shine the most.

Personally, I think milled OEM slides are the way to go.  ATEI now has a low cost "universal" RMR pocket milling option for $80.  Get it with the $90 black nitride slide refinishing, and you get a durable package for just $170 (both of which we resell and you can get direct from them too).  A Blue Label or used G19 + direct milling would get you best performance and durability, though you lose the adaptability of the MOS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Originally Posted By FreshPrince:

Anyone have any input?
The most gain from installing a RMR is on smaller guns with short sight radius.  It would be baller as heck on a Glock 26, would make sense for a Glock 19... and still be a benefit on the Glock 17... but really, it's on the 26 and 19 it would shine the most.

Personally, I think milled OEM slides are the way to go.  ATEI now has a low cost "universal" RMR pocket milling option for $80.  Get it with the $90 black nitride slide refinishing, and you get a durable package for just $170 (both of which we resell and you can get direct from them too).  A Blue Label or used G19 + direct milling would get you best performance and durability, though you lose the adaptability of the MOS.
I am really leaning towards the 26 mainly because i have one already, it seems like it would benefit the most from the RMR, and I haven't seen a Fauxland special G26 and that would be kinda cool. Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#21]

I've seen Roland G43s (called Rolanditos) but never a Roland 26 (Rolando?)
View Quote
I'm about 65% of the way done with a Rolandito... waiting to see field reports on the Shield RMR to see if I want to go that way vs. an RMR 06 on a Dueck Mount.
The Shield RMR apparently can be fit onto a milled 43 slide which makes it appealing to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#22]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eblack:
Gen 3 Glock 23

Zev Folcrum
Ameriglow supressor sights
Zev magwell
Suarez seal plate
Taran Tactical #15 stainless guide rod and spring
Rmr06
Slide work and creakote done by Rivers Bend Gun Co. out of Weston MO
TBRCI .40 micro comp
Silencerco G23 barrel
X300u-a
Factory mags with Taran +2 base and spring
Bottle of Miliary Special Scotch because Merica!

Raven Roland Special Phantom
Safariland 6354dohttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348190/IMG-2545-252322.JPG
View Quote
What's more impressive is that you're not blind after drinking most of that handle of Mil Spec Scotch
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stonecutter6:

What's more impressive is that you're not blind after drinking most of that handle of Mil Spec Scotch
View Quote
Im pretty sure it was CLP
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
Here's mine... in department mandated .40 cal.

Slide by DP
KKM .40 barrel
TBRCI .40 comp
RMR06
10-8 sights

Have a Blacklist barrel on the way to try out as well.  Not sure how I feel about the front serrations yet.

https://s12.postimg.org/qajh2txp9/IMG_7802.jpg
View Quote
I shot you a PM with some questions since it looks like we are the only .40 guys.

Anybody else have any idea what guide spring/rod to use in a 23. my slide isn't fully seating some rounds in the chamber and sometimes doesn't lock back on an empty mag. Using all 180 gr ball stuff right now. I had a taran tactical stainless #15 in it and went back to factory and it still does it some times. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I made a video about Red Dots on Slides and my "Stealth Special"

Slide Mounted Red Dots and the "Stealth Special"
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]
For those guys running the TBRC micro comp in 1/2x28, how is it? Will that work with my Silencerco G19 barrel? Will it be flush to the slide when closed or a gap? Do the set screws mar the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jdillardtiger:
For those guys running the TBRC micro comp in 1/2x28, how is it? Will that work with my Silencerco G19 barrel? Will it be flush to the slide when closed or a gap? Do the set screws mar the barrel?
View Quote
Runs fine on 1/2x28 in my experience, provided you use loctite per their instructions. Fit will be a toss up. On my G17 the comp is pretty much perfectly flush, on my G19 there's a bit of a gap. On the same G19 with the v2 of the comp (I have v3's currently) it was flush.

Barrel will have some marks from the set screw, but the barrel material is way harder than the set screws so the set screw will deform before the barrel does.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Can anyone verify if a Raven magwell will fit on a Gen 2 19? I have "retro" aspirations.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I tried it with mine back when I got one. It fit, but there was decent space on the sides. And the magazine cut on the font was taller than the top of the magwell, so there was a hole there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Appreciate the response. Maybe the Raven isn't the way to go then.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up a G19 on Saturday for a Roland build.

It begins.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Which barrel has the smallest gap with the TBRCi?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#37]

I've seen Roland G43s (called Rolanditos) but never a Roland 26 (Rolando?)
View Quote
It was called a gutter snipe and the guys over on warrior talk did it.  Size of a 19, totally rocked.  It's what in considering...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
Which barrel has the smallest gap with the TBRCi?
View Quote
Used a Silencero in my 43 build... the gap is bout a business card wide.

Haven't put a feeler gauge in to measure.   It's been reliable so far.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lb6r:

It was called a gutter snipe and the guys over on warrior talk did it.  Size of a 19, totally rocked.  It's what in considering...
View Quote
My 19 build is done.  My 43 Rolandito just needs an optic... thinking of Shield RMS and Suarez mill work.

A 26 is on my radar as a fall / winter project.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#42]
put a tbrci on glock 17 pro w/ rmr and sico barrel , now slide will short stroke no ejection  took it back off and  its fine... any thoughts appreciated
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:07:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eblack] [#44]
Originally Posted By pjomalley:
put a tbrci on glock 17 pro w/ rmr and sico barrel , now slide will short stroke no ejection  took it back off and  its fine... any thoughts appreciated
View Quote
Same thing is going on with my 23 with sico barrel no solution yet. Edit I am getting ejection, no slide lock and it short strokes on feeding.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

My 43 Rolandito just needs an optic
View Quote
If I'm hispanic and I shoot a Roland Special, is it therefore a Rolandito?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
RMR question. What is the difference between an RM 06 and an RM 06 type 2? I see a lot of places advertising the 06 but not listing the type 2. On the Trijicon sight they are listed as type 2.

TIA
View Quote
The type 2 is the second gen that has come out.

Supposed to be improved internals that make it more suited for slide mounting on a pistol, among some other improvements.

Seems like the "type 1's" can be found for ~$400 these days, type 2's are in the $600-$700 range.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
RMR question. What is the difference between an RM 06 and an RM 06 type 2? I see a lot of places advertising the 06 but not listing the type 2. On the Trijicon sight they are listed as type 2.

TIA
View Quote
Has multiple battery contacts to prevent the flickering from the battery shifting under recoil when mounted to a slide, as well as revamped adjusters to prevent zero shift. The adjustment buttons for brightness are also harder to press, as well as there being an lockout to keep the RMR in auto-adjust mode. The internal electronics are also fully potted to further reinforce it. It's now virtually indestructible.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Question for MOS owners running rmr, debating on the dawson sights but are they a true co witness or a lower 1/3? Looking for a lower 1/3, open to suggestions, thanks!
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top