Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:26 PM EDT
I was talking with a Florida Highway Patrol officer tonight. He said they are switching from the Berettas that they have been using to a new Glock, it is some kind of .45AD or something. He said he thought the caliber was LE only and the Glock was LE only also. The frame looked really wide... anyone know anything about this?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
He's likely referring to the 45 GAP cartridge which has been around for quite some time.  Neither the ammunition nor the guns (likely G37, 38, or 39) are LE only.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's likely referring to the 45 GAP cartridge which has been around for quite some time.  Neither the ammunition nor the guns (likely G37, 38, or 39) are LE only.

Knowing what the LEO have to go through with things they are probably going to the 37 due to the bigger magazine capacity.  I know the NYS Troopers went to that about 3ish years ago now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I am thinking you are correct. It was a gen 4 for sure because it had the interchangeable grips. So, probably a gen 4 37 in 45gap. It really looked wide but I guess any double stack .45 would be a little wider than a .40 or a 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top