BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anywhere it's legal. Except for the shower and the beach.

I'm still trying to figure out a good way to handle the beach.

Az

After growing up in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, the best way I could suggest is to put it in a plastic ziploc type bag to keep out all the salt water/air and sand. Before you actually get to the beach.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Federal buildings.
I am exempt and can carry any place else but not Federal buildings.
If you see me out and about, at the store, at home or washing the car I have her on me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Az

Shower problem solved

As for the beach, a Lorcin 22 fits in the pocket of my "board" shorts just fine.  And being a Lorcin, rusted or not, it doesn't have any value.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i dont in the bank anymore..... I found the response time for PD was rather quick.

I lived in IND. most all my life

Ive carried in the banks , Bars,  never any problem  from the 80`s to 2002/03

Maybe because I lived in a small town?

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, I don't think it's ethical for someone to tread upon my right to carry, not at all.  It's rather discriminitory, actually.

This is why we say "concealed means concealed".  That's the way I run things...I've not allowed them to infringe on my rights, and they're none the wiser.  I see no problem with that.

I DO agree that as gun owners we need to put forth a good image.  I smile at them, they smile at me, they don't see a weapon, and all is well.

You are correct about some states' laws with regard to this, and yes, you guys follow your own state laws.

Fortunately for me, in WA, the law is on OUR side, not the side of a property owner/manager/etc.  The most they can do here is ask you to leave, which they won't, if they don't see the weapon.

awesome reply

I tell no one I carry

only my family knows

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
College Campus, Government Buildings, Churches, when I'm swimming and when I'm out skateboarding.

First 3 because its illegal in my state. Second two because it can't really be done .  Oddly enough if I ever need a gun chances are I'll probably need one at one of those locations.

I've found a simple solution to carrying in the gym, put the gun in a backpack. I need one anyways because my gym apparel doesn't have pockets. So I use my bag to carry my Mp3 player, gym key, car keys, wallet, knife, cell-phone, notebook, liquid chalk and gun+ mag. Also sometimes I bring a change of clothes. I just set it on the floor next to wear I'm working out and its no big deal.

I've noticed quite a few guys carry a gym bag and instead of putting it in the front/designated areas they keep it next to them. Sometimes I wonder if its because they carry that way as well.

Churches are illegal?  That's unreal stupid.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
FL also has it where all a store owner can do is ask you to leave.  No weapons signs are store policy not law.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Federally restricted properties and inside airports.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Federal Building and the shower, looking into a speargun for the shower
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've carried doing everything from fishing, changing oil, going to funerals, eating out, movies, etc. If its legal, and I can manage to conceal a weapon while doing so, I carry. When there are times I can't carry, there will be a pistol in the car.

exactly this

sums it up
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]

The only places that come to mind is the court house
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My doctor's office out of respect, when I drop my pants I would not want my gun flying out

Yeah, I have an appointment Friday and am fearing a more, ehmm, intrusive physical exam. So, won't have one on me.

Now, if it was just my semi annual vist to get my scripts renewed and BP checked, I'd probably be pocket carrying....

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Commercial airlines.

I carry everyplace else. The gym, court, post office, bars, beaches. Going unarmed is not an option.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone go to the gym while carrying?  

Yep.

LCP in front pocket of my gym shorts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Small handgun in the front pocket of your board shorts.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

Just get a beach bag. Throw it in there.

off body carry is not secure or fast to access.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

You're not swimming at the beach I assume.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

Yes, I go into the surf.  Rinse with hot tap water when i get home and oil as normal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
.gov and .edu buildings are the only places I haven't carried. What a shame, I would drive 25 minutes into Gainesville everyday when I was in college and couldn't even carry in the vehicle. I felt very unsafe, one block from campus and you are in the ghetto.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

Yes, I go into the surf.  Rinse with hot tap water when i get home and oil as normal.

Wow, Wouldn't have thought that. The pocket must have a zipper or something on it (assuming again). My next biggest concern would be losing it while moving around in the water.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

Wow, Wouldn't have thought that. The pocket must have a zipper or something on it (assuming again).

Velcro closure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I carry everywhere that it is legal if I cannot carry a handgun I will carry something that I can defend myself with (Knife, Flashlight like my surefire light, or even keys can be deadly in the right hands).  I never leave my handgun behind I have a wide assortment of holsters and pistols so I can carry for every occasion, in any clothing, or any type of weather.

Here is my thoughts...

I do not carry because I anticipate something to happen otherwise I would not go to the place I was planning if I knew something bad was going to happen.  I carry because I never know when some F***HEAD is going to come into a restaurant where my family, friends, fellow Americans and myself are trying to enjoy life and try to take that from us.  No one is going to take the right of life from me or anyone around me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Az

Wow, Wouldn't have thought that. The pocket must have a zipper or something on it (assuming again).

Velcro closure.

That is some Marine/SEAL shit  SEMPER FI!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.gov and .edu buildings are the only places I haven't carried. What a shame, I would drive 25 minutes into Gainesville everyday when I was in college and couldn't even carry in the vehicle. I felt very unsafe, one block from campus and you are in the ghetto.

Why couldn't you carry in the vehicle? I may or may not have always had my handgun with me and just put the case under the seat when I got in the parking lot so nobody would see it, then went to class.

Like I said, may or may not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
You can always take a bag with you if you are wearing attire that does not permit carrying (beach, pool, gym). I wouldn't take a gun to any of those places though because I hate putting a gun in a bag.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't really carry anymore. College is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't really carry anymore. College is a bitch.

So is any military installation.  Good thing no radical terrorist will start shooting on a base right?  Don't worry your safe at school too
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#28]
i found that out the hard way one night my first week on campus.  apparently there is hood between downtown and sorority row.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You can always take a bag with you if you are wearing attire that does not permit carrying (beach, pool, gym). I wouldn't take a gun to any of those places though because I hate putting a gun in a bag.

Off body carry is slow to acess, if not impossible in a fight and also unsecure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#30]
to put it simply if i have to pass through a metal detector or get patted down such as going into a concert or to get on a plane then i don't carry. everywhere else i WILL carry, i don't carry on my person at work, i work residential construction and my weapon is always in my truck usually no more that 100 ft away, a few guys i work with know i'm a gun nut and carry but when they ask if i have it with me sometimes i say "nah didn't feel like bringing it this morning" just to keep them guessing. only my wife knows when i don't have one on me, and in those cases she packing instead.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've carried doing everything from fishing, changing oil, going to funerals, eating out, movies, etc. If its legal, and I can manage to conceal a weapon while doing so, I carry. When there are times I can't carry, there will be a pistol in the car.

This pretty much sums it up for me too.

+1.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
how did ILL get so backwords

Always was.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top