Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:10:49 PM EDT
My wife is comming around to accepting guns and I have applied for my FL CWP. Recently, one of of my two dogs who never has anything to say was barking at the front door. I got up and looked and wonder of wonders, a five foot water moccasin was taking a sun bath on my front porch. Now my wife was glad I had a home defense shotgun. After sneaking around the front of the house from the garage, I caught him going into the shrubs. It took three rounds punctuated with a display of dripping fangs that frankly scared the sh*t out of this city boy but the result is a wife who now goes to gun shows. Recently she supported my purchase of an Armalite M15 and said "I think you need to get a CWP so we are safe here in Flofida. I think some times all it take is a practical example...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:25:01 PM EDT
Glad to hear it.

My wife was raised in an anti-gun family. She always had an open mind but for the most part considered guns to be a "boy's hobby of mine" and didn't really take self defense seriously. Most people don't, sadly. Her father isn't exactly the protective type and she never knew what it was like to have someone looking out for her physical safety.

That is, until the night a very unsavory character approached us aggressively at 3AM in an unfamiliar town in north Texas. She felt a lot safer knowing I was packing, and frankly so did I. This guy was huge and clearly high on crack or meth, and he really wanted money from us. He was sizing us up pretty good but I made it clear (verbally) that he was to leave us alone. That night I thought I was going to have to use my weapon, but I didn't and I'm thankful for that.

She too accompanies me to the shows, and she actually enjoys them quite a bit since there are usually booths which have historical texts, maps, etc that she likes.
Top Top