BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
@FlamingDragon

Offer it up in trade to one of our brothers behind the lines of it is a preban magazine. Trade it towards something you need (ie holster) or something. That what I’ve always tried to do any time I get a preban magazine, yes I could sell and make money off it but I’d rather help those oppressed by magazine restrictions and piss of a liberal.

Concerning the date of manufacture for your Glock, just call them to find out. Depending on the serial number for your gun, they may have to put you on hold while they look it up in the import book.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
@FlamingDragon

Good recommendation for the magazines, ordered the other day and already getting tracking confirmation they are waiting for me at the house

What you decide to do with the preban magazine?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand why you can't carry your 1911; lots of people do it every day without any problems.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2254976_How-many-arfcommers-EDC-a-1911-.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand why you can't carry your 1911; lots of people do it every day without any problems.

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
The 1911 does carry very nicely in a Milt Sparks VM2... it is about the best IWB at 4:30 I've found... but I've come to prefer AIWB and non-SA only guns seem more comfortable there for me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Am I the the only one impressed by the bull shit premise of the beginning of this story?  The OP encountered a young black man at his place of work, concealing a weapon under his jacket.  Who, in Florida, is wearing a jacket in September?

Luckily, armed only with his wits, just his wits, now, the OP managed in some unstated way to thwart an armed robbery.  Good thing he was so well-equipped with wits because darn it, that was the day he left his big old 1911 at home.

Sure.

Next post we’ll be hearing how you no longer needed to rely on those powerful wits but instead fought off that gang with a “hail of lead” from your new Glock 19.

OP, just state your question about the comparison between the two firearms.  Spare us the fantasy part.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Don’t be a pussy.

Mossberg ShockWave or just give it up to the bad man.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, are you pyr0king?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP, are you pyr0king?
View Quote
We've lost the OP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have access to the tapes and can post it here along with the arrest records if you're trying to imply that I'm a liar.
View Quote
Ok, I'll take you up on that - you're a liar.  Prove me otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]
None of this happened.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have access to the tapes and can post it here along with the arrest records if you're trying to imply that I'm a liar.
@FlamingDragon
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I would personally go with the Glock 19 for concealed carry, and I do actually carry my G19 in addition to my M&P Shield. As you mentioned in your cons, it is blocky and the trigger isn't great, but despite those two things, I've always shot it relatively well. If you can't get over the blocky frame of the Glock, you might take a look at one of the M&P 2.0 Compact models. In my opinion, it has all the pros of the G19 and has better ergonomics.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would personally go with the Glock 19 for concealed carry, and I do actually carry my G19 in addition to my M&P Shield. As you mentioned in your cons, it is blocky and the trigger isn't great, but despite those two things, I've always shot it relatively well. If you can't get over the blocky frame of the Glock, you might take a look at one of the M&P 2.0 Compact models. In my opinion, it has all the pros of the G19 and has better ergonomics.
View Quote
OP disappeared after his last post in here over 3 months ago.

On topic, the triggers in the Gen 5's are actually decent out of the box. I haven't done shit to mine, and was easily shooting a 2" group at 15 yards yesterday. Also, the gen 4 and 5's have slightly slimmer frames in the grip. You need to use one of the backstraps to get it to at least a gen 3 size grip, so that helps some with the blockiness.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is this a serious question?

If you wear a fedora to impress the dames, get the Colt. Otherwise, Glock 19.
View Quote
Them dames has nice gams.

I wouldn't select either.  Since your stated budget is $400 I'd get a S&W Shield 9mm, add night sights, two additional mags, and you'll still be well below $400.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I actually changed my mind at the last minute and took the G19 gen 2 today. I grabbed if for $390 cash which was a little more than the Colt PPS. It was a little more than I wanted to pay for an older gen Glock but I guess this is what they are going for. Only came with one mag and nothing else.

I'm going to clean it up and go practice shooting it this weekend. This is my first Glock and the only thing I don't like about it is the trigger. It seems weird to me so it might take some getting used to. It feels way different than my 1911 trigger which was awesome.

I believe there's a gun show in Palmetto this weekend so I'm gonna look at some holsters and see what I like.
View Quote
You could of done worse, but you would have had to try.  A new Glock 19 Gen 4 with three 15rd mags usually runs around $459.

Still think you'd been better off with a Shield.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got offered a trade today a S&W MP 2.0 compact for my 1911 Colt Commander. The 2.0 looks like a neat gun, is it on par with the G19 and is this a good trade?
View Quote
NO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Get the 19.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#19]
OP's last post somewhere on this site was 2/5.  Pity he hasn't been back here to spin more bullshit as his posts like this one always show a certain flair for drama, usually featuring an oppressed individual  in extraordinary circumstances, handling the whole thing with steely resolve.

Shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP's last post somewhere on this site was 2/5.  Pity he hasn't been back here to spin more bullshit as his posts like this one always show a certain flair for drama, usually featuring an oppressed individual  in extraordinary circumstances, handling the whole thing with steely resolve.

Shit.
View Quote
He claimed he had evidence to back this one up also.

I really want to see the supposed videos.

@FlamingDragon
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@FlamingDragon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit.

@FlamingDragon
The video tape is probably long gone but I'll go ahead and post the police report here as evidence if you want to imply that I'm a liar.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The video tape is probably long gone but I'll go ahead and post the police report here as evidence if you want to imply that I'm a liar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit.

@FlamingDragon
Someone else called you out back when this started, every time it bumps, my curiosity meters pings.

I don't give a fuck either way, but I do think you are a good storyteller.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, kind of contradicts your earlier story a bit. You said you gave him 20 in $1's to show low cash in drawer, police report states otherwise. You also stated that when he asked for blunt wraps, you told him you didn't carry them. Police reports states a female cashier checked his ID, then informed him you don't carry that brand.

I think you did embellish the account of what happened and your involvement quite a bit after review.

Now I'm really intrigued by the report of their alleged capture at the store.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, kind of contradicts your earlier story a bit. You said you gave him 20 in $1's to show low cash in drawer, police report states otherwise. You also stated that when he asked for blunt wraps, you told him you didn't carry them. Police reports states a female cashier checked his ID, then informed him you don't carry that brand.

I think you did embellish the account of what happened and your involvement quite a bit after review.

View Quote
Some of the details in the report are not 100% accurate. The officer who arrived on the scene interviewed three different witnesses and got the statements before his supervisor arrived. The old lady tried taking a lot of the credit.

Yes, the suspect wanted 4 five's but that's not what I gave him. The officer on the scene also overlooked the fact that I marked the $20 and put it in the register, with the suspects fingerprints on it. Something I also overlooked myself until later then it was too late. When shit like that happens a lot goes through your mind.

The suspect then asked me for the blunt wraps, then Val, standing by my side behind the counter, interrupted by asking for his ID, even though she didnt remember his information by the time police showed up. While she was looking at his ID, I just told him we dont have them because at that point I didnt care what he wanted, I just wanted them to leave.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some of the details in the report are not 100% accurate. The officer who arrived on the scene interviewed three different witnesses and got the statements before his supervisor arrived. The old lady tried taking a lot of the credit.

Yes, the suspect wanted 4 five's but that's not what I gave him. The officer on the scene also overlooked the fact that I marked the $20 and put it in the register, with the suspects fingerprints on it. Something I also overlooked myself until later then it was too late. When shit like that happens a lot goes through your mind.

The suspect then asked me for the blunt wraps, then Val, standing by my side behind the counter, interrupted by asking for his ID, even though she didnt remember his information by the time police showed up. While she was looking at his ID, I just told him we dont have them because at that point I didnt care what he wanted, I just wanted them to leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I’m not implying you’re a liar - I am telling you you are a liar.

This thread is an interesting study in trolling and I guess it is lonely boys who have read too many Mac Bolen novels that spend this much time making shit up, hoping to bask in the attention and studied replies of ARFCOM.  

Personally, I’m kind of fascinated by the psychology of compulsive liars and this nicely-crafted and thoughtful stream of bullshit that started this thread is an excellent example.  Between the first post, the additional crap added by Flaming Dragon, and the earnest answers of members, this is the internet at its finest.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#28]
This isn't GD.  Read CoC#6
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top