Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 6:32:22 PM EDT
She wants to be able to fit her phone and the gun.  I told her there might be a fanny pack made especially with a spot for a gun separate.  Anyone know of any of these????
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hawke
View Quote
These, and get a REI or North Face or some other outdoor company logo and sew it on. Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army and buy anything with a logo that is cheap, cut the logo out and look all concerned about the environment. With a .38.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
the Gunrunner series has a set of snaps on the belt that allow the pouch to open fully... variety of sizes

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/belt-pouches/gunrunner-fanny-pack-holsters
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Or get her a carry purse w/ a cross strap across her body - she can shoot out of the purse w/o drawing it.

If you get her a Nagant w/ a suppressor, she could shoot the miscreant and then just go back to her shopping.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
She might go for the 5.11.  That's not a bad price either.   The Uncle Mikes looks kind of big.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Get her one of those sexy garter holsters.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the Gunrunner series has a set of snaps on the belt that allow the pouch to open fully... variety of sizes

View Quote
The snaps suck on these.  Quality went to shit.  I carried in them for years.  The last three in a row were garbage.  I even installed extra snaps.  Just not what they should be.  They were the best because they didn't telegraph "you got a gun" like most of them do.  I was never busted with it.  

I use a Desantis now, but it is pretty obvious I have a gun in it.  I am just old and fat, so nobody pays attention. 
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The snaps suck on these.  Quality went to shit.  I carried in them for years.  The last three in a row were garbage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The snaps suck on these.  Quality went to shit.  I carried in them for years.  The last three in a row were garbage.
That’s because Uncle Mikes moved production to Crapistan Chinanam some years ago.

Maybe Blackhawk will start making it in Idaho again. Preferably in a color other than “ivegotagunblack”. And put the buckle (security style) next to the bag, not on the back of your waist.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Or get her a carry purse w/ a cross strap across her body - she can shoot out of the purse w/o drawing it.

If you get her a Nagant w/ a suppressor, she could shoot the miscreant and then just go back to her shopping.
View Quote
You got any suggestions about where to start looking for these?   She's thinking she might want to do this.  She claims she always keeps her purse close.  But I keep warning against people that just leave purses around, that it's not a good idea to have a gun in there.  But she said she would be interested in one of these that you wear.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  You got any suggestions about where to start looking for these?   She's thinking she might want to do this.  She claims she always keeps her purse close.  But I keep warning against people that just leave purses around, that it's not a good idea to have a gun in there.  But she said she would be interested in one of these that you wear.
View Quote
I see them @ every gunshow.  Otherwise just Google.  I expect you'll have to take her to several gunshows before she finds 1 - or 5 that she likes.

Don't tell @BigEasySnow.  

I find the argument against wemin using purse carry sexist, @ best.  I carry around a rifle in a bright green neon murse, but I don't catch crap for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be sexist. That's cool. I'll be racist too if you like. All the best people are getting called names right now so whatever.

Purses are just a bad idea. They're nothing like fanny packs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]
They're a wonderful idea.  Almost every woman in the United States has a collection of them, and almost every one of them can conceal @ least one handgun, if not 3 or 4.  Some of them can conceal foldable rifles or even full blown Uzis.  Men should adopt them so I can carry my SUB-2000 around in something other than a neon green backpack that screams,"This man has no fashion sense!".  With a revolver, you can even shoot out of the purse w/o drawing the weapon.

A purse w/ a cross-body strap is no more likely to be grabbed than a fanny pack, and a fanny pack screams,"GUN!", whereas a purse shouts,"Woman!"  A woman is no more likely to leave a purse behind containing a gun than a man is likely to leave his briefcase containing a gun.  And an elderly woman is far more likely to actually carry in her purse than to adopt a fashion disaster like a fanny pack to please her son.

Does that cover your usual stock arguments?  I @'d you b/c I didn't want you to miss your usual denunciations of purse carry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're a wonderful idea.  Almost every woman in the United States has a collection of them, and almost every one of them can conceal @ least one handgun, if not 3 or 4.  Some of them can conceal foldable rifles or even full blown Uzis.  Men should adopt them so I can carry my SUB-2000 around in something other than a neon green backpack that screams,"This man has no fashion sense!".  With a revolver, you can even shoot out of the purse w/o drawing the weapon.

A purse w/ a cross-body strap is no more likely to be grabbed than a fanny pack, and a fanny pack screams,"GUN!", whereas a purse shouts,"Woman!"  A woman is no more likely to leave a purse behind containing a gun than a man is likely to leave his briefcase containing a gun.  And an elderly woman is far more likely to actually carry in her purse than to adopt a fashion disaster like a fanny pack to please her son.

Does that cover your usual stock arguments?  I @'d you b/c I didn't want you to miss your usual denunciations of purse carry.
View Quote
I think you're totally wrong. Anybody who gives a shit what my opinion is can google "bigeasysnow purse carry" and read my arguments.

Do you have any good suggestions for a fanny pack? Not leather and not too 'gunny'?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  I think you're totally wrong. Anybody who gives a shit what my opinion is can google "bigeasysnow purse carry" and read my arguments.

Do you have any good suggestions for a fanny pack? Not leather and not too 'gunny'?
View Quote
Fanny pack on white adults in the US screams,"GUN!"

Suppressed Nagant shooting through a leather purse quietly spells out,"Mrs. Bond."  
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I don't really see what the problem is if she straps it on, like a fanny pack, and keeps it on.  Which she plans on doing.  And she's going to have a separate purse for her purse.  I also could care less if a fanny pack screams gun.  Her first priority is to be carrying during church.  And it really doesn't matter to her or I if any of the other members thinks, knows or doesn't know if she's got a gun or not.  The point is to have one if some nutjob shows up.

She ordered this one:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2362410181/bulldog-trilogy-style-concealed-carry-purse-with-holster-leather-black

We'll see if it works for her.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have any suggestions on a particular pack.. but good on her for carrying! Is she "new to the game" or just looking for a new way to carry?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]
She's had a gun for a while, but she's starting to be more proactive on carrying.  She attends my church sometime and we just had a wake up call there.  I have another thread on that here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/A-story-about-staying-vigilant-/10-178551/

I apologize if you read it.  But that's a big part of her motivation at present.  Plus she's always wanted to make the leap and being around me might embolden her since I carry every day.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually did read your thread about that. We had an "incident" with a "visitor" at one of our Bible studies that has given me plenty of motivation to continue staying vigilant.

Not to bring that thread here but after re-reading it.. have you considered maybe getting a single stack 9mm to carry AIWB w/ a spare mag?

The J frame you already carry vs. something like a Glock 43 will be very comparable in the AIWB position. Get a very slimline/minimalistic mag carrier and throw a spare mag on the opposite AIWB side.

Add a +1 baseplate to your G43 and you've got 15 rounds of 9mm vs. only 5 of .38.

"We live in a pretty safe place." Don't fall into this trap.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I carried my J frame AIWB and my G26 strong side tonight at church.  Both IWB.  That wasn't a bad set up.  It was actually pretty comfy too.   I didn't carry a spare mag on my person.  I have a lot of reloads for my J frame.  I know I'm backwards, but the j frame is what I'd grab first.  

I like the idea of 2 guns.  In case 1 goes down.  I actually think a G43 in this way would be a better deal, but the 26 does pretty fine there.  It's a bit bulky but not terrible.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Get you a murse w/ a SUB-2000 in it & some 33 round mags that will work in the 26 as well, you'll be set.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I know, I was thinking about bringing my M4gery and putting it in the Pastors office with some loaded mags.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Break it apart & put it in a backpack.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I do carry a back pack.  And so does my son.  But they are already loaded down with church stuff.  Bible, sunday school materials.  Etc etc.  I would need 2 backpacks.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Bible is on your phone.  Bible is on everyone's phone.  Unless you're Amish.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#26]
When you're ready to pay for my Iphone, then I can do that.  I have a tracphone, pay as you go, phone cost 10 bucks.  I'm not giving apple what they want.  I'd never be able to afford ammo if I kept up with all the latest and greatest tech gadgets.

And I'll be honest, I still prefer paper.  I write notes all over mine.  To each his own.  Call me Amish, call me whatever you want.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  When you're ready to pay for my Iphone, then I can do that.  I have a tracphone, pay as you go, phone cost 10 bucks.  I'm not giving apple what they want.  I'd never be able to afford ammo if I kept up with all the latest and greatest tech gadgets.

And I'll be honest, I still prefer paper.  I write notes all over mine.  To each his own.  Call me Amish, call me whatever you want.  
View Quote
We've got a couple of old ones, but one of the nice things about Apple is since they control the hardware, you can upgrade the OS whenever they release a new one.  PM me and I'll mail you one.  Can use WiFi for data instead of a data plan.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Are you saying you would no kidding send me an old Iphone?  And I don't need a plan if I just connect with Wifi in a building that has it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes.  You'd need some sort of plan to make phone calls if you wanted to.  The battery life won't be great, you'll need to charge it often in the car, etc.

Think we have a black one & a white one.  Which color do you want?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Off body carry is never recommended. If she comes under attack I 99.999999999999%  guarantee she will not be able to access the weapon before her purse is taken away with the gun or she has already sustained serious injuries. Even one of those bra holsters would be better than off body carry
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:27:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  Off body carry is never recommended. If she comes under attack I 99.999999999999%  guarantee she will not be able to access the weapon before her purse is taken away with the gun or she has already sustained serious injuries. Even one of those bra holsters would be better than off body carry
View Quote
With a revolver, wemin can shoot through their purses.  Ever try to shoot through your pants?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#32]
How is it anymore off the body than an OWB holster if she straps it on and doesn't take it off?  Might not be AS tight to the body but I don't think the strap is allowing it to be flopping around all that much.  I guess it depends on how tight she adjusts the strap.......
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]
She got it today and the bodyguard doesn't even fit.  I guess I should've looked at that better......  She actually likes it for her phone right now though, so she might keep it.  But ugh.  I didn't realize it could be that small.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Tommy's Gun Pack
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Got my first and only fanny pack back in 91'.  Still have it with me on this deployment to put my phone, passport, eyeglasses, G19 and spare mag.  Its an old big black Biachi Ranger that will take either a full size 1911 or Beretta 92 which it has.  Its nylon and velcro and been on a few salt water dives since then also.  Don't like running with a M9 in it as it bounces all over my privates but when your in Haiti, Africa or Iraq/Astan and bad guys/lions are around you carry period!

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top