User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot in brooks brothers slacks and a button down after church Sunday.

The 5.11 crowd looked at me funny. But i smoked the plate racks then met my wife and parents for brunch.

Refined range days are fun.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

1911 and a reload on too.

Infact. I went to a wedding last night. Nice to know I can shoot/carry no matter the dress code
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Pew pew
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it really mating if you can't,  you know, mate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I am gay myself so perhaps it would help me attract people to mate with.
Is it really mating if you can't,  you know, mate?
I would argue that they could mate, just not reproduce
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those shirts are great on a hot humid day.....and the logos don't cost anymore . Salomon shoes I consider PPE if you're trying to go fast because they do help you maintain stability. They hold so well that I think they helped to cause my knee problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not going to say that I have an answer here, but I have thought about the same thing.  As a CCW holder, it is fun sometimes to try to determine who around you might also be carrying.  Similarly to your point, I always laugh a little on the inside when at USPSA or other shooting events and everyone else is wearing the uniform.  You know what I am talking about, 5.11 pants/shorts, shirts assorted from "tactical" polos to "I have a bunch of company names on my shirt like I am sponsored or something...", and lastly but definitely not leastly, Salomon shoes.
Those shirts are great on a hot humid day.....and the logos don't cost anymore . Salomon shoes I consider PPE if you're trying to go fast because they do help you maintain stability. They hold so well that I think they helped to cause my knee problems.
I must have gotten the wrong Salomons.  Slippery pieces of shit, dangerously bad traction, and not very durable.  Waste of money over Merrells or Oboz.

I heard a cop say "whats with the guy in the cop pants?" to my apartment manager, about me (wearing vertx pants).  So yeah, if cops can figure it out, so can bad guys.  I dress in tailored suits for work, but off work its jeans and t shirts that I can buy at costco.  After years of wearing 5:11 and vertx every day, and having 9 multicam kifaru packs, etc.. it felt like playing dress up.  At least I never bought a "shoot me first" vest.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I look at tactical cloths the same way I look at spandex bike apparel. Gay. 
LOL, OP is confused about the definition of "mating".
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are dressed like Burt Gummer I'm going to assume you are packing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I must have gotten the wrong Salomons.  Slippery pieces of shit, dangerously bad traction, and not very durable.  Waste of money over Merrells or Oboz.

I heard a cop say "whats with the guy in the cop pants?" to my apartment manager, about me (wearing vertx pants).  So yeah, if cops can figure it out, so can bad guys.  I dress in tailored suits for work, but off work its jeans and t shirts that I can buy at costco.  After years of wearing 5:11 and vertx every day, and having 9 multicam kifaru packs, etc.. it felt like playing dress up.  At least I never bought a "shoot me first" vest.
View Quote
The ability to look like a cop when needed is valuable and you should have that wardrobe for special occasions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The ability to look like a cop when needed is valuable and you should have that wardrobe for special occasions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I'll bite.  What special occasion would I want to look more like a cop than a normal joe?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ok, I'll bite.  What special occasion would I want to look more like a cop than a normal joe?
View Quote
Natural disasters were what I had in mind.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LOL, OP is confused about the definition of "mating".
View Quote
I am confused but ARFCOM still loves me
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm getting old man wallet disease and started carrying it in my suit coat pocket  so I don't have to sit on it. My stupid pistol permit is now equal to four credit cards by itself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm getting old man wallet disease and started carrying it in my suit coat pocket  so I don't have to sit on it. My stupid pistol permit is now equal to four credit cards by itself
I changed to my front pocket years ago after getting sciatia.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm hobo chic in my mind but in reality I just wear jeans and button down shirts.  Had to explain to one coworker that there is no rule against having an empty holster at work.  But I guess I should have filed with HR that some guy was looking at my butt and making comments about what was in my pants.....  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my 5.11 stryke pants. Super comfy and lots of pockets for all sorts of stuff. Ill do what I want.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love my 5.11 stryke pants. Super comfy and lots of pockets for all sorts of stuff. Ill do what I want.
View Quote
My Stryke pants are my favorite.  I wear them with vans and a punk t-shirt or flannel.  Doesn't seem to raise any eyebrows, though most folks in my mountain town look like contractors or semi-tactical civvies.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of football and hockey jerseys. Could conceal a desert eagle,  and nobody would suspect.   They just think you're a tool for wearing a jersey.
View Quote
Baseball jerseys are the best. A bit more slim fitting but you could hide a SBR under one if you got creative.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Baseball jerseys are the best. A bit more slim fitting but you could hide a SBR under one if you got creative.
View Quote
I haven't tried concealing an sbr or AR pistol. But I do wear a baseball jersey a good bit in the summer,spring etc. Fits in well around here (as in most places I would think). And it's easy to throw on and off.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I haven't tried concealing an sbr or AR pistol. But I do wear a baseball jersey a good bit in the summer,spring etc. Fits in well around here (as in most places I would think). And it's easy to throw on and off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A baseball jersey would really fit in well during the summer wherr I live as well.

Welp Im wearing my 5.11 boxer briefs today is all I will say.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Better to blend-in in general, but anyone that's switched on will stand out to those who can pick up on it.

Other than Deluth pants, Costco actually has some great options.  Weathered Vintage fleece-lined jeans and khakis are a new favorite for me...and they're $18/ea.  Can't beat it.

I usually wear a pair of Teva boots, but other than beatup old Merrells (worn sometimes) and my knife, I don't think I wear anything that'd give me away.  

Button-down and aforementioned Costco pants make up my EDC the majority of the time
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Better to blend-in in general, but anyone that's switched on will stand out to those who can pick up on it.

Other than Deluth pants, Costco actually has some great options.  Weathered Vintage fleece-lined jeans and khakis are a new favorite for me...and they're $18/ea.  Can't beat it.

I usually wear a pair of Teva boots, but other than beatup old Merrells (worn sometimes) and my knife, I don't think I wear anything that'd give me away.  

Button-down and aforementioned Costco pants make up my EDC the majority of the time
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4489/24052036738_7f14e12908_c.jpg
View Quote
Those are some nice rough pants that seem like work pants and they seem comfortable. Thanks for posting and with that heavy shirt no one will see any printing whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4489/24052036738_7f14e12908_c.jpg
View Quote
+1 on menswear at Costco.. Definitely a hidden treasure. Sometimes it makes me feel as old (43) as I am shopping for bargains but, I just tell myself that it leaves more money for ammo. LOL..
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top