Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 8:29:45 PM EDT
How and what  would you carry in a wet work environment? Like carwash wet iwb doesn't work because of uniform. A part of our uniform is high rubber boots. Ankle carry is not ideal. But may be the only way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd get a waterproof pouch, something like this.

Maybe tuck it under a belly band to keep it lower profile.

You'll probably want to take it out and dry/clean the gun and pouch every day also to make sure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Smaller gun pocket carry would be my answer. I feel a smith j frame or one of the micro 9's like a sig 938 in a front pocket holster is an ideal carry method. You can even walk around with your hand in your pocket gripping the gun and no one will notice. No garments to push out of the way or pants legs to pull
Up. Almost efficient method that some decry due to the fact it limits gun size and capacity, but a fight not over after 5-7 shots would be such a rare statistic it is almost not worth talking about, but that doesn't stop me from carrying  a reload even with pocket carry
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smaller gun pocket carry would be my answer. I feel a smith j frame or one of the micro 9's like a sig 938 in a front pocket holster is an ideal carry method. You can even walk around with your hand in your pocket gripping the gun and no one will notice. No garments to push out of the way or pants legs to pull
Up. Almost efficient method that some decry due to the fact it limits gun size and capacity, but a fight not over after 5-7 shots would be such a rare statistic it is almost not worth talking about, but that doesn't stop me from carrying  a reload even with pocket carry
View Quote

YUUUUGE +1

Stainless or polymer/melonite striker fired 9mm or .40. Kahr MK9/40, M&P Shield etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Why doesn't IWB work, are you wearing coveralls, so there is no waist band?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
How did we ever survive 2 World Wars, Korea, Viet Nam, Middle East without polymer and stainless steel???

Clean and Oil, it really is that simple

But I would go with the SS & Poly if it were available and suited my requirements.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Like urinating on men for money wet work?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

YUUUUGE +1

Stainless or polymer/melonite striker fired 9mm or .40. Kahr MK9/40, M&P Shield etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YUUUUGE +1

+2

S&W 642 in a Desantis Nemesis would be ideal
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to carry my Ruger stainless steel Speed Six .357 in my pocket while fishing.  We waded the rivers when the water was clear and it spent time under water and then was wet all the way home.

I'd get home, unload it, take it apart (if you've never had a Speed Six you wont' understand how quick and easy they come apart), put it on a cookie sheet, set the oven on 200 F and put it in the oven while I took a shower and shaved for work.  I'd pull it out of the oven, let it cool down and then lube it up and put it together, then load it up, drop it in my pocket and walk to work.  Never a spot of corrosion on that pistol, inside or out.  Just as pretty 35 years later as it was back then.

Not sure how my P07 would hold up to that kind of treatment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I carried a g19 in kydex on a commercial lobster boat for years.

I'd disassemble once a week to clean.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I would go pocket carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top