Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2016 8:29:15 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows of an rigid instructor style belt with the triangular rapeling loop on the end?  I have no need for it and would love to be rid of that extra bulk.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy whatever you can for a fair price and cut off the D-Ring with a dremel. That's what I did with mine when I left the Army.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
5.11 sells such a belt. I have 3 of them and they have been very durable.

There are 4 kinds. 1.75 and 1.5 that come in thick double nylon or thin single nylon.

Make sure you get the kind you want.

My local cop shop sells them.

called a Trainers Belt
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Love mine.... Best belt I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of belts and had a lot of belts just not cut it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info.  Much appreciated!

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the ones from The Wilderness.  I've been wearing them for years...

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://www.thewilderness.com/belts/original-instructor-belt/
View Quote
Yes That's what I have now too.  I just don't like or need that triangular loop on it.  Might cut it off but only if I feel it can be done without damaging the webbing.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#10]
The Cobra Riggers belt stiff enough for OWB carry?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yes That's what I have now too.  I just don't like or need that triangular loop on it.  Might cut it off but only if I feel it can be done without damaging the webbing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry about that.  Not being a climber I didn't even know that the triangle was for rappelling. I thought it was there to keep the buckle flat against the body...

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up an Elite CO Shooter's Belt to use with my Brokos battle belt.  It's pretty rigid, and doesn't have the rapelling loop.

Amazon Link
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not just get the frequent flier?

I have worn the Wilderness belt for years - wish I had sprung for the Ti as the buckle is really pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have worn the Wilderness belt for years - wish I had sprung for the Ti as the buckle is really pretty heavy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I guess that's an alternative.  I couldn't get over that it's plastic.  Weird since my Glock probably has the same percentage of it! lol

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first Wilderness belt was the Original.  The next two have been Ti.  In my opinion the Ti is worth the extra cash.  I found out last time I ordered the belt that if you have one of their belts you can send it in and they will put the buckle from the old belt onto a new one for you for much less money.  Since I now have two Ti buckles the next time the velcro loops start getting pulled out and ratty I'll be taking advantage of that option.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Völund gearworks makes a great belt.  I've been using one for years.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]

I ordered one of these off Amazon (fulfilled by X-concealment). $35 shipped.
It is hands down the best lopro CCW belt I have ever used. I'm ordering another in case they stop making them!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#19]

+1
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I like my Aries Ranger belt.  So far it is the only belt that hasn't developed a droop from carrying a gun all day every day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is hands down the best lopro CCW belt I have ever used. I'm ordering another in case they stop making them!
View Quote
I only see it for 39.99!  WTH!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote

Is the 5 stitch ok for IWB or do you need the polymer insert?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I've never owned a Wilderness with the polymer insert, but the five stitch model is plenty stiff enough for IWB.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've never owned a Wilderness with the polymer insert, but the five stitch model is plenty stiff enough for IWB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you used a wilderness tactical? I love the look of AHT belt, currently have a WT  5 stitch belt and curious how the stiffness compares.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yea I guess that's an alternative.  I couldn't get over that it's plastic.  Weird since my Glock probably has the same percentage of it! lol  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the plastic version. It's great. That plastic is fucking solid. I've had mine for almost 10 years. The Velcro is worn and so is the belt itself. It still works tho. I would send it back and have them fix it up but I've already replaced it and wanted to try something different.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]
The Wilderness Titanium belts are by far the best I've found, the extra cost for an extremely lightweight buckle is worth it to me.  Because the loop is integrated into the main buckle, I don't think it's overly conspicuous.  If it was covered in rhinestones or glitter people would think it was a fashion design...but maybe that's not your thing.  If you must have one without the loop then the Larue looks nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Th first one I bought was a Steel model and a few years later went with the Ti model!

There is a difference but I still wear both of them at times.

I wear the Ti model most everyday though.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I've had one for 6 years and love it. Velcro is starting to get a little worse for wear around the edges but I understand Wilderness will fix it for a fee.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#30]

This belt puts my Frequent Flyer to shame, for the money one of the best bangs for the buck IMO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]

I've been wearing this X-concealment belt for about a month now, and it is the finest lopro CCW belt I've ever used. Highly recommend. Note: It is very stiff, which I happen to like.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll add that my frequent flyer also has the plastic insert. Its solid. I don't think just the nylon even with 5 stitch will be solid enough to hang lots of shit from. Prob just a pistol and Mag. If you ever want rifle mags and lights/ect then def get the kydex insert.

The stiffer the better for lots of stuff. Just a pistol about any belt will work ok.

I've hung pistol/spare mag, Pmag. Surefire light. No problem and everything stayed where it should.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I have four of the Propper 180 belts, which are essentially a double layer, five stitch nylon belt with a 'normal' polymer buckle. Reversible, and about $14 each from LA Police gear. I gave up my Wilderness belt for these, and don't miss the 'Bing, Bang, CLANG' moments in public restrooms one tiny little bit. :)

Larry
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have four of the Propper 180 belts, which are essentially a double layer, five stitch nylon belt with a 'normal' polymer buckle. Reversible, and about $14 each from LA Police gear. I gave up my Wilderness belt for these, and don't miss the 'Bing, Bang, CLANG' moments in public restrooms one tiny little bit. :)

Larry
View Quote

Hell I may just try one.  Geez I'll use it for work if anything else!  Thanks for the 411
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top