Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2016 5:46:36 PM EDT
Some years ago a gun writer stated that he set out to do an article on the Holsters that Perps use.

His short foray into this reviled that they Do Not Use Holsters!

Theory at the time was they intend to throw away the gun (evidence) thus the empty holster is a give away...

Member here just posted that a robber flashed a gun in his holster to a clerk.

So, I am wondering, are perps starting to use holsters these days or not?

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to argue you didn't have a gun when you apprehended wearing a holster. Also, most don't spend much on a decent gun, so why waste money on a holster??
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
both were stolen
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm racking my brain, I can think of once for sure I have apprehended a suspect with a holster (empty, gun was discarded but located). I wanna say there was a second that was also empty at the time suspect was apprehended but I can't say for sure. The other couple hundred or so weapons I've recovered were not carried in holsters. I do run across people who are carrying in holsters with some regularity but they tend to not be in the commission of a crime involving the weapon
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember an episode of "Cops" when they pulled over a motorcyclist that had an empty holster and had ditched the gun during the chase / stop. But my cop and jailer friends tell me perps don't use holsters. They also tell me snub-nosed revolvers are the gun of choice among those locked up. Don't know how much that input is worth, but......

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Perps, tell me revolvers leave less evidince around (brass cassings). They do not use holsters. "I have never seen a holster in south Dallas" accoring to a undercover Cop I know
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen a few packing in the cheap nylon Uncle Mikes style a few times over the years but most of the time none.  Did have one the other night I will share with the group.  Idiot was carrying a Taurus full size 9mm (Beretta 92 look alike) in the waistband of his sweat pants and they kept falling down.  He wondered why several people in the mall called in on him !  Now here is the kicker, guy was totally legal, permit and all.  He was ejected from the mall for violating there no gun policy however.
I did take the time to school him in proper carry, preferably concealed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen a few packing in the cheap nylon Uncle Mikes style a few times over the years but most of the time none.  Did have one the other night I will share with the group.  Idiot was carrying a Taurus full size 9mm (Beretta 92 look alike) in the waistband of his sweat pants and they kept falling down.  He wondered why several people in the mall called in on him !  Now here is the kicker, guy was totally legal, permit and all.  He was ejected from the mall for violating there no gun policy however.
I did take the time to school him in proper carry, preferably concealed.
View Quote

Most times I've seen pictures of bad guys they have sweatpants or wear pants below their ass. I always wondered how they can pull it off if not for pocket carry.
Top Top