Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
@twpayne75

Looks great! So you were able to use just the stormwerkz AR style folding mechanism without one of the pistol adapters?
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@twpayne75

Looks great! So you were able to use just the stormwerkz AR style folding mechanism without one of the pistol adapters?
View Quote

Both of those and the SBA3 brace. Only other thing you'll need is an AR endplate. The tapped block makes it much easier. You don't have to worry about drilling your holes perfect or tapping the trunion. Well worth $20.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eukil2.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/j82wes.jpg

Both of those and the SBA3 brace. Only other thing you'll need is an AR endplate. The tapped block makes it much easier. You don't have to worry about drilling your holes perfect or tapping the trunion. Well worth $20.
View Quote
Nice! Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eukil2.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/j82wes.jpg

View Quote
Followed your advice and couldnt be happier!  Looks good without sacrificing functionality.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they're here, Bonesteel site shows them available for $150, placed an order for one on the 11th, waiting for a ship confirmation notice.

I've had their galil folder for a tang trunnion for a while now, very solid, well made, looks good. I don't normally spend more $$$ that necessary just for looks but I broke my rule for this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think they're here, Bonesteel site shows them available for $150, placed an order for one on the 11th, waiting for a ship confirmation notice.

I've had their galil folder for a tang trunnion for a while now, very solid, well made, looks good. I don't normally spend more $$$ that necessary just for looks but I broke my rule for this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks pretty cool to me. Wonder how involved installation is?

I'd definitely consider one on this....

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
cherenkov
That doesn't look like a SBA3 brace?? I love the look and am looking for a brace to a M92 that I plan on picking up this weekend.

My #1 brace so far (besides the PSA triangle brace) is the KGB, but I do not want to drill into the rear of my gun. Does anyone know of a way to add the KGB brace without drilling??
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
@wanderson

Did you ever receive it? How does the folder attach? Single bolt with locator tabs?
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@wanderson

Did you ever receive it? How does the folder attach? Single bolt with locator tabs?
View Quote
Got delivered a few days ago. Just finished install today.

Yup, just drilled one 5/16” hole in the rear trunnion, the tabs on the brace hold it in place. It’s a snug fit, zero play.

Not gonna lie, drilling that hole took some time with just a hand drill. Even with a fresh set of bits. That rear trunnion is thick and hard, like tank armor.

After that I had to file down the top locking tabs til they were flush with the rear trunnion then file the back of the dust cover, but that only took 10 minutes.

I like it, solid lockup and this type of hinge doesn’t loosen up over time. Folds up fairly flat, stays put when folded but deploys easily. Have not shot it yet but I’ve had their Galil style folded on a Saiga long enough to know what it feels like.

I had an SOB brace before this, it worked fine but the Draco wasn’t much shorter than my WASR with it’s GL-CORE stock collapsed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

WHAT?!  Where?
View Quote
Pretty sure that's the CNC warrior brace
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Just curious, I keep seeing SBA3's with the rubber folded in on itself to make it smaller. Whats the take on just trimming those pieces? Doesn't affect the function. Just trims some rubber off.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters/ak-stock-adapter-type-1/
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just curious, I keep seeing SBA3's with the rubber folded in on itself to make it smaller. Whats the take on just trimming those pieces? Doesn't affect the function. Just trims some rubber off.
View Quote
Write them a letter and ask.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In an effort to make a non-S#!tty  brace for an AK, I modified a n SBA3 brace to fit a Yugo M85 Pistol with a StormWerkz hinge.

Sort of mixed, It isn't as bad as the original Sig Brace style, but lacks in looks like a triangle folder would - Interestingly enough its comfortable and works well.  I can shoot very well with it.  
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/007_zpsb4vnuate.jpg" target="_blank">http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/007_zpsb4vnuate.jpg
View Quote
We need more info on this set up amd hpw to make that brace work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:56:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is my PAP M92 with folding brace. In my opinion, the SBA4 brace is better than SBA3 brace. SBA4 is more sturdy than SBA3.

Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought the cncwarrior/bonesteel brace, but I think I'm going to stamp it before putting it on. Call it what you want, but it is a (very) solid stock with a piece of Velcro wrapped on it.

Looks freaking awesome mocked up though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I just put the CNC/Bonesteel brace on my Draco, no regrets.

I've had a CNC/Bonesteel Galil folder on another AK for years, still my favorite folder. Doesn't double the width of the firearm when folded so easy to carry.

Right side folder is not a good setup for firing when folded though, the bottom of the stock will rest on top of your finger when it's on the trigger. So it could be fired but will put a bruise on your finger.

But I wanted to keep my Draco the same as my Saiga so kept with the right side, which is easy to deply when carried.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
M4 what exact AK47 pistol model are you considering and we will be glad to offer you input.
View Quote
May I please jump in on this?  Rifle Dynamics RD704.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Palmetto State Armory just listed the Triangle Brace on their website for $199.

It looks it is the variant for their proprietery jigsaw puzzle rear trunion though.  Now that I look at it and the price and being I have a manticore triangle sitting around, I may just Form-1 a triangle stock - The hinge gap the PSA brace has looks sort of clown-shoe-ish.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Palmetto State Armory just listed the Triangle Brace on their website for $199.

It looks it is the variant for their proprietery jigsaw puzzle rear trunion though.  Now that I look at it and the price and being I have a manticore triangle sitting around, I may just Form-1 a triangle stock - The hinge gap the PSA brace has looks sort of clown-shoe-ish.
View Quote
@cherenkov

Just looked all over for it and I see nothing.

Have a link?

NM, found it: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-triangle-side-folding-brace-and-picatinny-stock-adapter-assembly.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
In production and available today, according to the email I just received...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
$200 is a little high but at least it comes with the adapter, if it was 1/2 the price I would be a buyer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In production and available today, according to the email I just received...
View Quote
and they still won't say what it's made of...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Your answer is PSA....

Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
It's linked 4 posts above your post.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered the $159 PSA Triangle brace.  I also Ordered a Yugo 92/85 1913 rail adapter from Stormwerkz ($50).  So total is a little over $210.  
I guess its about the same as a tax stamp and can transfer as a pistol still if I ever want to sell or trade it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I ordered the $159 PSA Triangle brace.  I also Ordered a Yugo 92/85 1913 rail adapter from Stormwerkz ($50).  So total is a little over $210.  
I guess its about the same as a tax stamp and can transfer as a pistol still if I ever want to sell or trade it.
View Quote
I ordered the PSA Triangle brace as well.

Hopefully it's solid and worth the money. We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t think the CNC Warrior/Bonesteel Brace is getting the love it deserves-and you can put it on multiple AK pistol types

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#29]
If I had the slightest clue how to install it on the gun below, I'd have bought it by now.

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If I had the slightest clue how to install it on the gun below, I'd have bought it by now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75/059FC85C-85CE-48EA-8595-C69E0152721F-1007671.jpg
View Quote
Doesn’t that use a standard AKM rear tang?  If so just select the model for AKM rear tang from CNC Warrior and pick your preference of left or right folding

In fact I watched a video from PSA on how to install a picatinny rear mount for other arm braces, as the tang looked like their modular AKM tang, it should be good to go

Edit:
Ok I KNOW it works, because the AKP has the same set up as the AKV, and I’m over at AK Files way more than here, and here is one on an AKV from a member there:

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Doesn't that use a standard AKM rear tang?  If so just select the model for AKM rear tang from CNC Warrior and pick your preference of left or right folding

In fact I watched a video from PSA on how to install a picatinny rear mount for other arm braces, as the tang looked like their modular AKM tang, it should be good to go

Edit:
Ok I KNOW it works, because the AKP has the same set up as the AKV, and I'm over at AK Files way more than here, and here is one on an AKV from a member there:

https://i.imgur.com/VvcOlg9l.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75/059FC85C-85CE-48EA-8595-C69E0152721F-1007671.jpg
Doesn't that use a standard AKM rear tang?  If so just select the model for AKM rear tang from CNC Warrior and pick your preference of left or right folding

Edit:
Ok I KNOW it works, because the AKP has the same set up as the AKV, and I'm over at AK Files way more than here, and here is one on an AKV from a member there:

https://i.imgur.com/VvcOlg9l.jpg
Just so I'm clear, the Stormworks brace above and the PSA picatinny adapter is all I need to attach that brace?
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just so I'm clear, the Stormworks brace above and the PSA picatinny adapter is all I need to attach that brace?
View Quote
No, sorry, all you need is the CNC Warrior Brace, (it’s not Stormworks), get the AKM model here: https://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-Sidefolding-Armbrace-p/29380.htm

No picatinny rail needed, look at the PSA pistol in my picture above where the brace is attached, it’s held in place by the AKM ‘tang’

Simply remove the SBA3 Brace off the AKP, then screw on the new CNC Warrior Brace, and that’s it
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey fellas does anyone have the PSA or CNC Warrior brace on a KP9?Or will they not work on one
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got my PSA Triangle Brace - It seems better made than I expected.

It is made of Aluminum (bracket and hinge) high density polymer (most of the triangle frame), and rubber  (covering of frame and flexible part of the lower triangle so your arm can fit in it.

Its fairly heavy and seems well made.

I'm waiting for the Stormwerkz 1913 adapter for my Yugo M-85 pistol.  The Stormwerkz rail gets mounted to the pistol by drilling a single hole in the center of the rear trunion and a bolt  from inside the receiver is inserted through that hole from the inside (threads facing out and rearward) then bolt 1913 rail on - then affix  brace to rail.

It seems worth the price ($159+ shipping) for what things go for brace wise - The makers seem to know the price pain point for SBR and its just about there.  I'm glad I got it though.

I will post pics when I get the rail and brace mounted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just got my PSA Triangle Brace - It seems better made than I expected.

It is made of Aluminum (bracket and hinge) high density polymer (most of the triangle frame), and rubber  (covering of frame and flexible part of the lower triangle so your arm can fit in it.

Its fairly heavy and seems well made.

I'm waiting for the Stormwerkz 1913 adapter for my Yugo M-85 pistol.  The Stormwerkz rail gets mounted to the pistol by drilling a single hole in the center of the rear trunion and a bolt  from inside the receiver is inserted through that hole from the inside (threads facing out and rearward) then bolt 1913 rail on - then affix  brace to rail.

It seems worth the price ($159+ shipping) for what things go for brace wise - The makers seem to know the price pain point for SBR and its just about there.  I'm glad I got it though.

I will post pics when I get the rail and brace mounted.
View Quote
Interested to see pics when you can.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No, sorry, all you need is the CNC Warrior Brace, (it's not Stormworks), get the AKM model here: https://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-Sidefolding-Armbrace-p/29380.htm

No picatinny rail needed, look at the PSA pistol in my picture above where the brace is attached, it's held in place by the AKM 'tang'

Simply remove the SBA3 Brace off the AKP, then screw on the new CNC Warrior Brace, and that's it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, sorry, all you need is the CNC Warrior Brace, (it's not Stormworks), get the AKM model here: https://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-Sidefolding-Armbrace-p/29380.htm

No picatinny rail needed, look at the PSA pistol in my picture above where the brace is attached, it's held in place by the AKM 'tang'

Simply remove the SBA3 Brace off the AKP, then screw on the new CNC Warrior Brace, and that's it
Thank you and yeah, CNC Warrior....my bad.

Good info, I might grab one of them too. Love the Galil stocks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thank you and yeah, CNC Warrior....my bad.

Good info, I might grab one of them too. Love the Galil stocks.
View Quote
Ya I had a Galil style folder on an AK-74 clone and the folding AR tube stock on my VEPR-12, very quality product
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#38]
PSA Triangle brace installed. Photo below.

First the good.

1. It appears to be pretty well made. You won't be using it to breach a fuckin door, that's for sure.....but for what it is, nicely done.
  2. Looks good. Gives the Krink look and it's absolutely a brace that looks like it belongs on an AK, which was the point of this thread from a year ago.
  3. Install was easy. I somewhat questioned a picatinny style mount but it seems rock solid the way it's designed.
  4. Nice lockup to the left side. No play when folded or open.
the bad.

After installing it and checking it out, I folded and unfolded the brace a few times. Kind of checking out how the hinge locks up when the brace is unfolded. After doing that maybe 5-6 times, the brace is now firmly locked in the open position. The button to release the brace to fold up isn't moving at all. When it was working, it was easy to manipulate. Push up on the button, brace folds. Repeate, brace unfolds.

Right now now it's a fixed triangle stock. Will. Not. Fold.

Fucking annoying. If not for that (and it's no small issue) I like it a lot. I'll see what PSA has to say on Monday.

ETA: I popped the button with a small rubber mallet and it appears it popped things free and the brace folds as advertised. Could have just been a very tight lockup for a new brace. It was unable to be freed (or even move) with manual force but the rubber mallet popped it free and it appears to be working as advertised. I've manipulated it a dozen or so times since then and it works great.

Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Did some minor surgery on a PSA triangle brace and got it working with the bulgarian 4.5mm and russian 5.5mm folders.

Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#40]
MUUUCCHH better.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Found another video of the PSA brace. Looks good but man its flimsy.

PSA AK TRIANGLE SIDE FOLDING BRACE - first look
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#42]
CNC WARRIOR FOLDING AK BRACE
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#43]
CMC warrior !!! For the win.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Mini Draco... The folder consists of:
Stormwerkz Stock Folding Mechanism
KGB Stinger47
Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod1

I think it looks better than 90% of the brace options for AK pistols. It's a pretty rock solid setup with an all metal construction... The PSA one looks nice too.

Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Are there anymore braces in the works that anyone knows of? There are a few that are decent on the market already but seems like there could be more/improved ones.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Indeed. Get an AR tube and attach any brace you want. This is the SB Tactical SBA3.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/362914/E77D6E28-B881-4698-90E5-74EF6DCC6785-700351.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Id go with a brace that utilizes an ar15 pistol tube and run a KAK
Indeed. Get an AR tube and attach any brace you want. This is the SB Tactical SBA3.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/362914/E77D6E28-B881-4698-90E5-74EF6DCC6785-700351.JPG
This.

I plan on replacing both AK pistols & My 1 AR pistol with this set up like in this picture.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Micro draco CNC warrior braceAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes you're right, it's just over the tax stamp but:
That's just the tax, now you need to buy the stock, hardware and there's no wait time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Draco with SBA3 brace and SB Tactical BA-AKNT Brace Adapter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Take a look at this new stock from Gearhead works, what do you think ?

Go to 8:50
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top