Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 12:42:02 AM EDT
Does this flash hider look better?  I keep switching them back and forth.

Or the booster?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
booster by a mile...... 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
booster by a mile...... 
View Quote
Thats what I am thinking also.  If I had a tactical rail on it the night brake would look better I think.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally would rather have the shorter more functional muzzle device. if I were to run something as long as that booster, I'd put the Bulgy 4 piece on it and kill all the flash.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I always thought the boosters looked silly (like some kind of funnel on the end). But my understanding was that they contributed to reliability, so I always assumed that's why people put up with the ridiculous-looking things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I always thought the boosters looked silly (like some kind of funnel on the end). But my understanding was that they contributed to reliability, so I always assumed that's why people put up with the ridiculous-looking things.
View Quote
I thought the pap92s had a larger gas port so reliability without a booster wasn't an issue.

Never had an issue with mine, so I put a linear comp from damage industries on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Boosters aid in reliability when the rifle gets severely dirty or in the extreme cold. All of them should function without one in ideal conditions/properly maintained.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Booster looks better.
Nightbrake works better.
No muzzle thingy (i.e., as imported) fits better in the briefcase I carry every day.

Form v. function
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I never really had any reliability problems from it before the booster. I just liked it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
booster by a mile...... 
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]
They make a smaller booster that I prefer.  I like the classic look best.  I did a more "tacticool" M92 and ended up sending it away for the trunion swap and refinished the hand guards.  I like it classic now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer this one way better. GARY
https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/751/751936.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#14]
With the wood hand guards, I think the booster looks better. If you switch it up to polymer or a front rail, then I think the FH would look better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They make a smaller booster that I prefer.
http://i64.tinypic.com/125stfp.jpg
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Booster
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They make a smaller booster that I prefer.  I like the classic look best.  I did a more "tacticool" M92 and ended up sending it away for the trunion swap and refinished the hand guards.  I like it classic now.
View Quote
That looks really nice
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who did the work?  How much did it cost?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#19]
i like the original booster the most. anyway, not mounting a booster could derease reliability, or your model has an appropriate gas port diameter? anyway, the booster is not very functional, it adds some inches to the lenght of the rifle and doesn't suppress flash or reduce recoil. I like 4 pieces or strela boosters.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the Booster look but also wanted a performance benefit, so I went with the Aklys Defense brake.  Looks like the booster but vents the gas, reduces recoil and allows the muzzle to stay much flatter than the original booster for follow up shots.  Does not slap you in the face with concussion pressure like a traditional 2-4 side port brake

Link Posted: 11/26/2017 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like the Booster look but also wanted a performance benefit, so I went with the Aklys Defense brake.  Looks like the booster but vents the gas, reduces recoil and allows the muzzle to stay much flatter than the original booster for follow up shots.  Does not slap you in the face with concussion pressure like a traditional 2-4 side port brake

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lvxfl.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/r8htz6.jpg
View Quote
I like it.  Potential future purchase for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lvxfl.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/r8htz6.jpg
View Quote
That forearm looks nice
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That forearm looks nice
View Quote
Thanks. Its the Manticore Renegade lots of people use. Its definitely a solid setup, especially the optic mount.

Here is a full pic of how the brake looks on the gun for those that maybe interested, and a slow mo video of how it performs (video was a double tap, then a few shots as fast as I could pull the trigger)

VIDEO:

M92 Aklys Defense brake
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll take the night brake.

Yg
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the flash hider better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Please excuse my question, OP, because you had only asked about looks. I'm hoping this is not toooo far off topic.

But can anyone please school me? Doesn't a booster do just that; boost? So my question is, under normal operating conditions (not too cold, not to dirty, etc.) does a booster cause additional stresses on the pistols parts? And as in an AK pistol that comes without and shoots fine without a booster, even when cold and dirty?

Thanks for any info, opinions, anecdotal evidence, rants.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's beautiful!

A real work of art.

Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Please excuse my question, OP, because you had only asked about looks. I'm hoping this is not toooo far off topic.

But can anyone please school me? Doesn't a booster do just that; boost? So my question is, under normal operating conditions (not too cold, not to dirty, etc.) does a booster cause additional stresses on the pistols parts? And as in an AK pistol that comes without and shoots fine without a booster, even when cold and dirty?

View Quote
A booster simple adds more back pressure, thus boosting the gas pressure to drive the piston harder. AK's are typically over-gassed anyway, so a booster will not hurt anything more than usual.

Most of the discussion over a booster on modern pistol/SBR AK's is about looks and not function IMO.

As to the OP I much prefer the Nightbrake. Booster's look awful to me and work against the essence of a SBR/Pistol, in my mind..
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#29]

I had Nightbreak untill I had it threaded and went with a ASR break.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
.  I literally just liked the way it looked so stuck it on there.  Maybe someone else will chime in.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://image.ibb.co/fDNYLb/IMG_3375_Copye.jpg

I had Nightbreak untill I had it threaded and went with a ASR break.
View Quote
I have an omega but I don’t trust the tread adapters.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top