AK Sponsor: palmetto
ALG AK Trigger !! (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:59:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

I also found a video from ALG on Youtube that shows how to install this trigger, but it was a bit long-winded
View Quote

It's a shame you weren't in the mood to actually learn a thing or two.

ETA:  How bout a photo for the new page.  

AKT Khyber by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

I also found a video from ALG on Youtube that shows how to install this trigger, but it was a bit long-winded

LOL.  Yeah, I just wanted to get the trigger installed.  I'll go back and watch the video later.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:29:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#3]
I went to the range yesterday and fired the AK with the new ALG Defense trigger.  The trigger pull is very light and VERY short.  I'm not sure how I like it yet.  

The real reason I bought the trigger was to replace a Tapco G2 trigger that was allowing trigger slap. Well, the ALG trigger FAILED to eliminate the trigger slap in my WASR!  
I had high hopes for it.  I'm disappointed, but I don't think the issue is with the trigger if it happens with both the Tapco and ALG triggers.  
There must be something going on with my WASR.  

Anyone know of a good AK gunsmith in Washington State?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You can fix it yourself -- check this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_74/158674_G2_gausing_trigger_slap_in_Arsenal_AK.html

A little careful dremel action to the disconnector and your GTG.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I already tried that on my Tapco G2 trigger and it didn't fix the problem.  I'll be damned if I'm taking a dremel tool to my new ALG trigger.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the range yesterday and fired the AK with the new ALG Defense trigger.  The trigger pull is very light and VERY short.  I'm not sure how I like it yet.  

The real reason I bought the trigger was to replace a Tapco G2 trigger that was allowing trigger slap. Well, the ALG trigger FAILED to eliminate the trigger slap in my WASR!  
I had high hopes for it.  I'm disappointed, but I don't think the issue is with the trigger if it happens with both the Tapco and ALG triggers.  
There must be something going on with my WASR.  

Anyone know of a good AK gunsmith in Washington State?
View Quote

Odd that you get trigger slap with both a G2 and ALG. You could try an arsenal fcg. If you still get trigger slap you will need to send back to century.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:57:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#7]
Originally Posted By dntama:
Odd that you get trigger slap with both a G2 and ALG. You could try an arsenal fcg. If you still get trigger slap you will need to send back to century.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dntama:

I'm not going to buy another trigger.  I'm not the original owner, so I don't know if Century will be able to help me, but it's worth a shot. I just emailed them asking them what the problem could be.  I'll let you know what they say.

I also just sent an email to ALG, so I'll let you know how the customer service is after I hear back from them.

EDIT:  Here's the email I got back from ALG Defense this morning:

Thank you for contacting us. Due to the different manufacturers of the AK platform and tolerances that vary among those manufacturers, ALG Defense cannot guarantee that our AK Trigger will fit your specific make and model properly. The AKT was designed to fit nominal AK47  style machined and stamped receivers. Some fitting may be required of the AKT to your weapon’s safety and/or receiver. The disconnector may be bottoming out, hitting the trigger, which is causing trigger slap. You may need to have the trigger and/or disconnect fitted to your rifle to eliminate the trigger slap. Additionally the AKT should be installed and/or fitted by a certified gunsmith.  I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I guess I'll be looking for a AK gunsmith near me.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#8]
I just got of the phone with Jason at Century Arms and he says what I'm feeling is perfectly normal with an AK.  He said I could try changing my shooting stance and finger position in order to relieve my finger pain.

What do you guys think?  Does your trigger finger hurt after firing only a few rounds through your AK's?  

EDIT:  Never mind.  I'll start a new thread on this subject instead of hijacking ALG's thread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Meanwhile, another satisfied user report for the AKT.  Pull on Zastava M92 went from a creepy 5lb 14 oz to a crisp 3lb 11.  Huge improvement, in my estimation.  I saw no need for the auxiliary spring, but did have to use the rollpin for the M92, and of course filed down all but about 3mm.

Highly recommended.  The Tapco plate, on the other hand, was not the simple operation I had expected.  Eventually got 'er done, however.  I may have to celebrate labor day at the range.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Any word on the enhanced version?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
Any word on the enhanced version?
View Quote

*crickets*
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered tday. Any reason to polish it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Same number of reasons to polish any FCG from Geissele.

Translation: no.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody compare a Krebs custom spec trigger to the ALG side-by-side? Only reason I ask is I have a Krebs AK103k-s (first AK) and Ill be picking up a wasr for next to nothing very soon and will be replacing the factory trigger in the future
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Just slapped one into my NPAP. All I can say is WOW. Honestly...this may be the best trigger I own. I used the extra spring, but Ill go shoot with and without it just to see which I like better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Letting you know that their website has deducted everything by 20% for Black Friday Weekend Sale until Monday 11:59pm EST.

I ordered one more trigger for my other AK and threw in their new AK hammer springs as well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered one yesterday, looking forward to swapping out that factory Arsenal tigger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm excited to try the ALG as apposed to an adjustable trigger. Back to the spirit of the AK.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I need to put one of these in my vepr asap.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By james658:
Anybody compare a Krebs custom spec trigger to the ALG side-by-side? Only reason I ask is I have a Krebs AK103k-s (first AK) and Ill be picking up a wasr for next to nothing very soon and will be replacing the factory trigger in the future
View Quote

I have the same rifle and swapped the Krebs out for the ALG, both triggers feel the same as far as smoothness and break. The only difference I notice is the shorter pull and reset. I prefer the flat face on the ALG trigger.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm getting ready to order one of these triggers, and I just want to clarify what all it actually comes with. I've seen reports that it is now shipping with a new hammer spring, but all reviews I've seen say that you reuse your factory spring. Which is it?

I just want to save on some shipping costs and get the ALG spring to go with the trigger at the same time... If I need it to order it separately, that is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BlahBlah:
I'm getting ready to order one of these triggers, and I just want to clarify what all it actually comes with. I've seen reports that it is now shipping with a new hammer spring, but all reviews I've seen say that you reuse your factory spring. Which is it?

I just want to save on some shipping costs and get the ALG spring to go with the trigger at the same time... If I need it to order it separately, that is.
View Quote

You might get a quicker response if you post in the Geissele industry forum. I think they check that more often.

Also, if you buy from ALG (or ALG parts from AIM) they ship for free.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont think trigger springs are included. The later sets included a supplemental trigger spring to increase the pull wt if desired.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Any idea if this trigger will work in a Chinese 56?
I'm an absolute novice when it comes to AK triggers, so bear with me. From what I've read, it looks like this lessens the take-up when compared to say, TAPCO. Does it lighten the pull any?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By boerseun:
Any idea if this trigger will work in a Chinese 56?
I'm an absolute novice when it comes to AK triggers, so bear with me. From what I've read, it looks like this lessens the take-up when compared to say, TAPCO. Does it lighten the pull any?
View Quote

FYI the chinese triggers are the best OEM AK triggers i've ever used, the double-hook trigger itself specifically, I run chicom triggers in all my AK's. Reducing take-up in the factory trigger is ridiculously easy. Running a double-hook in a single hook receiver lets you take out every bit of overtravel too. Not hard to mod the double-hook chicom receiver to do the same thing. I don't go crazy, I could, but I like a nice 3 lb. trigger in my AK's so that's what I make them, the total travel when done is about a quarter of an unmodded triggersets total travel.

For 40 bucks the ALG is probably worth it IF it drops in, if you have to do a bunch of modding anyway, you can do it to the factory trigger and get the same result yourself with a minor amount of sandpaper and dremel work.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got of the phone with Jason at Century Arms and he says what I'm feeling is perfectly normal with an AK.  He said I could try changing my shooting stance and finger position in order to relieve my finger pain.

What do you guys think?  Does your trigger finger hurt after firing only a few rounds through your AK's?  

EDIT:  Never mind.  I'll start a new thread on this subject instead of hijacking ALG's thread.
View Quote

None of my AK's has any trigger slap, oh yeah it's kinda normal for maybe 50% of them to have it at first, but it's always easily fixable. Jason at Century is either a moron or just didn't feel like dealing with you and wanted off the phone and did not want to fix it for you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

FYI the chinese triggers are the best OEM AK triggers i've ever used, the double-hook trigger itself specifically, I run chicom triggers in all my AK's. Reducing take-up in the factory trigger is ridiculously easy. Running a double-hook in a single hook receiver lets you take out every bit of overtravel too. Not hard to mod the double-hook chicom receiver to do the same thing. I don't go crazy, I could, but I like a nice 3 lb. trigger in my AK's so that's what I make them, the total travel when done is about a quarter of an unmodded triggersets total travel.

For 40 bucks the ALG is probably worth it IF it drops in, if you have to do a bunch of modding anyway, you can do it to the factory trigger and get the same result yourself with a minor amount of sandpaper and dremel work.
View Quote

DOH! Thanks. Guess we'll find out if it's worth it. I already ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I added an AKT to my Romanian Wum-1 last week. It's a completely different animal. The trip is so light I can't tell the take up from the trip. It's actually a tad unnerving. I may add the additional spring just to stiffen it up. I've never said that before, ever. On the other hand with an RMR I'm getting 2" groups at 50 yards with Wolf ammo. I'll take it.

I'm mainly posting to tell you that the ATK works on the Wum-1 but it's very, very close. I'm no expert but my research shows Wum-1s are among the earliest imports from Romania. Many had moon-cut receivers, fixed brakes and other methods to prevent much feared "assault rifle conversions." One of the stranger modifications exists on mine: a permanently attached safety.The safety appears pinned and doesn't come out. At all. I could cut it out but I don't think a standard one would fit (Different receiver holes. I think. I'd have to cut it out to be sure).

Good news is I was able to wrangle the new trigger in underneath it. I dropped it in, pulled down on it from the trigger guard side, and slid it back into place. And the role pin was totally unnecessary; the clearance is so tight that the safety engages as soon as you start to move the lever.

Will it work on YOUR Wum-1? Who knows. It's a com-bloc weapon, where specification = suggestion. But mine did, so there's hope at least.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Any comparison between the ALG trigger and the Red Star Arms trigger? I have a RSA trigger waiting on me to install. I am wondering if I should get the ALG instead. The RSA can, supposedly, be set up for a single stage or a two stage. However, I only wanted a single stage, regardless.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fadetoblack73:
Any comparison between the ALG trigger and the Red Star Arms trigger? I have a RSA trigger waiting on me to install. I am wondering if I should get the ALG instead. The RSA can, supposedly, be set up for a single stage or a two stage. However, I only wanted a single stage, regardless.
View Quote

If you like a 2-stage, the RSA is definitely the way to go.  But even with .mil discount at Brownells, the RSA is nearly twice as much as the ALG (and goes a little beyond twice the price when the ALG goes on sale at various resellers)....which for me, especially since it's "just an AK" and honestly I don't *NEED* a 2-stage in one, is a no-brainer.  The ALG is an incredible value, especially since the CMC that just came out is...what, nearly 5 fucking times as much?

A polished G2 is a great way to start out for the average Joe.  But I have a hard time justifying anything more expensive than the ALG just because it's *THAT* damn nice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I got an ALG for my AK and AR on sale at the NRA convention and am super happy with
both especially at 40% off.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
ALG AK Trigger !! (Page 3 of 3)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top