AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 8 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Triggerbender:
Is the cheek weld higher, lower or the same as a factory wood stock  and or a M4 adapted with a straight tube?

Thanks.
View Quote

If you're asking about the Zhukov stock, it's higher than an AKM stock.
Never had an AK with an AR stock so I cannot compare.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Good info on the Zhukov thanks, I also would like to know about the MOE stocks cheek weld  also.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a little higher than a standard stock, enough that I really have to push my head down to get a good iron sight picture.  I'd say it sits a little lower than an AR adapter depending on which one it is.  I had a Canis adapter on mine previously with a CTR and the MOE AK stock is just a tad lower.  I had bought a cheek riser when I got the stock because I thought I would need it to get a good cheekweld for my red dot, but I ended up not using it and feel the plain stock works perfect.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone tell me if the MOE handguards will work with the CAI Zastava npap underfolder? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Minky:
It's a little higher than a standard stock, enough that I really have to push my head down to get a good iron sight picture.  I'd say it sits a little lower than an AR adapter depending on which one it is.  I had a Canis adapter on mine previously with a CTR and the MOE AK stock is just a tad lower.  I had bought a cheek riser when I got the stock because I thought I would need it to get a good cheekweld for my red dot, but I ended up not using it and feel the plain stock works perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/XSDOtqbh.jpg
View Quote

What dot and mount it is that Minky?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
First gen RS Products AKML, before they changed the design.  Dot is an older model Primary Arms micro.  Here's an old picture of the other side of the gun showing the mount

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice clean rifle, I like it.

What is the length of pull?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sovaprepper:
Can anyone tell me if the MOE handguards will work with the CAI Zastava npap underfolder? Thanks!
View Quote

Not the standard MOE handguards; you'll have to wait for the Yugo-specific MOE handguards to drop later this year.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:19:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EB_311] [#9]
Still need to finish her, but I got the Magpul stuff on last night. I can't decide if I want another Ultimak on this one or something from RS.

*edit*
recent pics

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:30:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool thing about MOE AK stock is that you can add israel bandage and TK4 Tourniquet to it just like Soviets do with their rubber ones and bandage.

Here's a picture of the whole rifle if you're curious. Currently I think it's a well balanced rifle (pardon the pun)

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Westernization AK
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Hay SPQR-476,

Any Idea when the other colors will be shipped out?

Thanks,

B62stew
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
" />
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]

And it works great!!!! Hinge is very strong and ......IT DOES NOT FOOKIN RATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Arisaka hand stop feels good on the Zhukov.

After taking the pic and playing with it more, I've moved the stop one step back.

Arisaka MLOK Handstop by David Pyzik, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I keep checking the MAGPUL website.  So Far you can order the Black, Tan, or Stealth Grey AK MOE STOCK.  Next in Line is OD GREEN
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Does it work with the yugo m70ab2 underfolder?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By raul_v:
Does it work with the yugo m70ab2 underfolder?
View Quote

No, but Magpul has Yugo-compatible furniture on the way
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like some opinions concerning the MOE stock. If the storage compartment was NOT an issue, why would you prefer the MOE stock over a standard polymer stock like the ones commonly seen on Arsenal AKMs?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fadetoblack73:
I would like some opinions concerning the MOE stock. If the storage compartment was NOT an issue, why would you prefer the MOE stock over a standard polymer stock like the ones commonly seen on Arsenal AKMs?
View Quote

Comparing MOE stock with Arsenal Polymer Stock, here's what I have discovered so far:

1. The butt of MOE is grippy compared to Arsenal's which is made of metal. That helps reduce stock from moving around on your shoulder.

2. Arsenal only have one fixed spot for sling. MOE offers 3 spots. One is a hole for sling loop, other two can be used with quick disconnect. I've seen other using 550 paracord through the quick disconnect hole for sling attachment.

3. From my experience with several AKs, Sometimes the cleaning/repair kit would have difficulty coming out of Arsenal's buttstock hole. I have had one that requires me to use screwdriver to remove the butt plate in order to get the kit out. MOE's on other hand, make it easier to retrieve your cleaning/repair kit with no problem. There's also additional space in storage for other stuff along with the kit in MOE stock compartment.

4. Sight alignment with your cheek on top of stock; Arsenal stock make your sight dip lower while MOE stock make your view even with the sight. I prefer MOE over Arsenal's for that reason so I could use mini red dot sight without having to buy Magpul's cheek rest. If you plan to slap 4x or other kind of long range scope, I guess you will need cheek rest based on how high the scope is installed on your AK.

5. Sturdiness; MOE stock feels more stronger and rugged. You can use the butt part to knock out your opponent if needed. I feel that Arsenal is too hollow to be sturdy enough to knock someone out.

6: Possible modification; with Arsenal's you can slap stickers or spray paint it to personalize it. I have seen some people add quick disconnect mount on it. With MOE, you can paracord the lower support arm, you can put bandage inside the hole and use elastic tourniquet to hold it in place. I have a feeling that in near future that someone will make a cordura pouch to fit inside the hole for additional stuff to carry and provide soft surface on top of cheek rest. There will probably be other vendor who will provide a mount to put quick disconnect sockets near the rear trunnion of AK for folks who prefer 3-point sling system.

I think you're just sitting on the fence, just go ahead and order one. You can always send it back if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ChaZ:

Comparing MOE stock with Arsenal Polymer Stock, here's what I have discovered so far:

1. The butt of MOE is grippy compared to Arsenal's which is made of metal. That helps reduce stock from moving around on your shoulder.

2. Arsenal only have one fixed spot for sling. MOE offers 3 spots. One is a hole for sling loop, other two can be used with quick disconnect. I've seen other using 550 paracord through the quick disconnect hole for sling attachment.

3. From my experience with several AKs, Sometimes the cleaning/repair kit would have difficulty coming out of Arsenal's buttstock hole. I have had one that requires me to use screwdriver to remove the butt plate in order to get the kit out. MOE's on other hand, make it easier to retrieve your cleaning/repair kit with no problem. There's also additional space in storage for other stuff along with the kit in MOE stock compartment.

4. Sight alignment with your cheek on top of stock; Arsenal stock make your sight dip lower while MOE stock make your view even with the sight. I prefer MOE over Arsenal's for that reason so I could use mini red dot sight without having to buy Magpul's cheek rest. If you plan to slap 4x or other kind of long range scope, I guess you will need cheek rest based on how high the scope is installed on your AK.

5. Sturdiness; MOE stock feels more stronger and rugged. You can use the butt part to knock out your opponent if needed. I feel that Arsenal is too hollow to be sturdy enough to knock someone out.

6: Possible modification; with Arsenal's you can slap stickers or spray paint it to personalize it. I have seen some people add quick disconnect mount on it. With MOE, you can paracord the lower support arm, you can put bandage inside the hole and use elastic tourniquet to hold it in place. I have a feeling that in near future that someone will make a cordura pouch to fit inside the hole for additional stuff to carry and provide soft surface on top of cheek rest. There will probably be other vendor who will provide a mount to put quick disconnect sockets near the rear trunnion of AK for folks who prefer 3-point sling system.

I think you're just sitting on the fence, just go ahead and order one. You can always send it back if you don't like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome breakdown. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Thank you very much.  Does anyone know why the OD green MOE stock one is taking so long?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay, I have a follow-up question about the Magpul stocks. I would like to ask opinions using a hypothetical frame of mind. IF... the Zhukov stock DID NOT fold, which would you consider the better stock... Zhukov or MOE? Why?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Okay, I have a follow-up question about the Magpul stocks. I would like to ask opinions using a hypothetical frame of mind. IF... the Zhukov stock DID NOT fold, which would you consider the better stock... Zhukov or MOE? Why?
View Quote

If I was wearing body armor from time to time, I would choose Zhukov for its ability to change the length of stock.

Other reason that lack of wanting length adjustability, don't see why not getting MOE (which you can change length with varying thickness of butt pads)
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Overall I like the MOE stock, but the overly complicated attachment system is just silly, somebody waaaay overthought it and it looks to be a potential weak point. It's definitely not in keeping with the AK's simple and sturdy design philosophy. Would have been much better to do a simple monoblock design that you screw into as almost all other AK stocks have instead of this cheap wedgie doo-dad. I'll be converting this one shortly, fiberglass and epoxy over all that nonsense then file to fit.

The storage space is cool, AK cleaning kit fits perfectly with room for other stuff, and stock looks good on the rifle.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the attachment system on the AK MOE, it works out on the not so perfectly assembled receivers on the cheaper AKs. like the WASR I have.
When they slap these together they just drive the wood stock home and zap the 2 wood screws in and good to go, not a tight tolerance deal.

I replaced a Magpul MOE M4 stock on a collapsible stock adapter buffer type tube outfit with the MOE AK stock.

When installing the M4 stock adapter there was a gap that had to be built up with Devcon type epoxy to get a bedding to the receiver.
The only support was the screws when installed as intended, the screws, stock adapter or tang on the receiver would probably break under use without some kind of support or bedding.

The AK MOE with the wedge addresses this and made a solid mount to the receiver in my case.

I have tried collapsible stocks on all my rifles at one time or another and found I like solid stocks better in most cases and gone solid on all but one rifle.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beemerman] [#27]
So are you guys cutting off the sling loop or, removing it for the Zhukov hand guard?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By beemerman:
So are you guys cutting off the sling loop or, removing it for the Zhukov stock?

View Quote

I am not positive because I don't own one. However, I believe that you have to cut off the front hand guard retainer (which has the front sling loop) and you lose the cleaning rod and bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#29]
" />
" />
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Modernized by David Pyzik, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B62stew] [#32]
ATTENTION: THE PLUM COLOR AK MOE STOCK IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING ON MAGPUL.COM/PRODUCTS/MOE-AK-STOCK.  THAT IS ALL.

OD GREEN next BABY.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:45:32 AM EDT
[#34]
So are you guys cutting off the sling loop or, removing it for the Zhukov stock?

View Quote

Is that a trick question? Like asking how many animals Moses' Ark carried?

Perhaps you meant for Zhukov handguard?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Perhaps you meant for Zhukov hand guard?
View All Quotes

Perhaps you meant for Zhukov hand guard?

Oops. Yes, that's what I meant.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SPQR-476:
http://youtu.be/Er_eVvdGnKk

New For 2015 in the Magpul AK lineup:

PMAG30 AK/AKM GEN M3 -7.62x39 Steel Reinforced AK Magazine, MSRP $26.95

Zhukov-S Folding AK stock- Right side folder for stamped rifles, adjustable LOP, optional cheek risers, integrated QD socket on hinge. Allows use of side mounted optics, allows firing from folded position (without cheek risers). Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $99.95

Zhukov Hand Guard-Extruded and Machined anodized aluminum chassis with Polymer hand guard. M-LOK slots-side slots attach through to aluminum chassis. Ultimak compatible. Requires removal of Hand Guard retainer.  Includes upper hand guard/gas tube cover. Fits stamped and milled rifles with 16.75-18.25mm barrels (Measured behind HG retainer) MSRP $99.95

MOE Stock-Fixed triangle stock for stamped rifles. Compatible with Magpul AK cheek risers. Includes storage compartment. Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $59.95

MOE AK Hand Guards- Both MOE Hand Guards install with stock hand guard retainer, extend further forward than stock hand guard, and include a blackened stainless steel heat shield. M-LOK slots. Ultimak compatible. Include upper hand guard/gas tube cover.
MOE AK- Fits AK-pattern rifles with no sling loop on hand guard retainer or rifles with loop removed. Symmetrical design extends forward of retainer on both sides. MSRP $36.95
       MOE AKM- Fits AKM, AK-74, and AK 100 pattern rifles with sling loop on hand guard retainer. Allows use of sling loop or can be bridged with any M-LOK cantilever rail product. Asymmetric design requires no modification to rifle. MSRP $36.95

All AK furniture products will also be available in our new color-Plum.

All products shipping Spring 2015. More information and photos coming soon. These products will be at ATAC range day on Monday prior to SHOT show.
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Are there any plans on stuff for Yugo AK's?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Target556x45mm:
View Quote

Yes, release date TBA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a Krebs AK with a 14in barrel length and pinned and welded muzzle brake - will the full length hand guard work ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Notyouratty:
Yes, release date TBA.
View All Quotes

Yes, release date TBA.
Nice. I'll be keeping the ACE folder on mine (Prefer a left side folder) but a Zhukov handguard is in my future.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice. I'll be keeping the ACE folder on mine (Prefer a left side folder) but a Zhukov handguard is in my future.  
View All Quotes

Yes, release date TBA.

SLR Rifleworks is coming out with three different aluminum Keymod AK handguards that are looking like the bee's knees.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Pyzik:

SLR Rifleworks is coming out with three different aluminum Keymod AK handguards that are looking like the bee's knees.
View All Quotes

Yes, release date TBA.

I looked at those. Kinda wanting something with some insulation to keep my hand cool.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I looked at those. Kinda wanting something with some insulation to keep my hand cool.  
View All Quotes

Yes, release date TBA.

Then the Zhukov may not be the handguard you're looking for.  Did a couple of serious mag dumps when the TacCon was working right and it got HOT.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By phasesouth:
Yes....3.5"
<a href="http://s259.photobucket.com/user/phasesouth/media/006_zps1dy7exgq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/phasesouth/006_zps1dy7exgq.jpg</a>
View Quote

That Draco kicks ass.  Anyone try one on an M92 yet?  I'm contemplating making an attempt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Triggerbender:
I like the attachment system on the AK MOE, it works out on the not so perfectly assembled receivers on the cheaper AKs. like the WASR I have.
When they slap these together they just drive the wood stock home and zap the 2 wood screws in and good to go, not a tight tolerance deal.

I replaced a Magpul MOE M4 stock on a collapsible stock adapter buffer type tube outfit with the MOE AK stock.

When installing the M4 stock adapter there was a gap that had to be built up with Devcon type epoxy to get a bedding to the receiver.
The only support was the screws when installed as intended, the screws, stock adapter or tang on the receiver would probably break under use without some kind of support or bedding.

The AK MOE with the wedge addresses this and made a solid mount to the receiver in my case.

I have tried collapsible stocks on all my rifles at one time or another and found I like solid stocks better in most cases and gone solid on all but one rifle.

YMMV
View Quote

I prefer fixed stocks too, but will definitely be fixing the one on my MOE. Have not had the problem with stocks on my WASR that you describe, even the Tapco stock I tried fit nice and tight, more solid than the MOE in fact.

As far as M4 adapters, have not had that problem either as I use the Canis adapters and they are by far best-of-breed in that category.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#47]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/xAFugQ" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5750/20739525150_c4596ef728_b.jpg</a>
Modernized by David Pyzik, on Flickr
View Quote

Details on the firearm?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bgross] [#48]

Before

After no more AR stock.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By bigcraig:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Originally Posted By Keystone3435:
Can the Ultamak ak47 optic rail be used with the Zhukov Hand guard?

Yes.

What about fitting a Zhukov handguard on a polish tantal 74 with an Ultamak rail? Anyone done this yet? Pics?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#50]
Page / 9
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 8 of 9)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top