AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
$249.00 as new at dans ammo. They are nice
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine from Ammunitionstore.com.  $179.  Mine has slight finish wear, but it's parkerized and I'm happy with it.  Some others weren't as content, but I think I got a good deal.

You can get handpicked as well for a little more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If the Ammunition Store comes with the same accessories as the kits from Dan's, then I'd have to say that Ammunition Store's price is much better even with the finish wear.  That black finish on the Polish kits is pure garbage and will come off with most solvants and should be refinished anyway to have a good durable finish.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The one at ammunitionstore comes with 4 mags and dan's only comes with 2 if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have bought four kits from Dan's and they were all mint, unissued and matching.  They are $209 shipped and are pristine.   The finish seems to be black park.  None of the finish on mine came off with any of the solvents I used including carb cleaner.  The finish on the kits was 100% and the wood like new.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The ones at ammunitionstore.com do NOT come with accessories for $179.  To get the 4 mags and other accessories it is $249.

Is parkerizing a proper finish for a Polish AK?  Should I just leave it parkerized after building and parkerize the receiver, or should I put GunKote or something on it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]
militarygunsupply.com
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My AKMS were painted. This is the true finish and I have learned the park is ones that were redone. I have two kits from Akron Armory and they are flawless as the rifles were never even fired. Well woth the extra money. Perfect unscratched and gouged metal and the sweetest laminated wood I have ever seen. Sweet!

When I bought my Bulgy 74s from Ohio Rapid Fire they were also perfect and new. Just the sweetest. It is worth it in the long run to get perfect metal, plastic, and wood on all of these kits for the extra $.

To heck with the extra mags. We all have mags.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top