Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:34:21 PM EDT
After 22 years of dreaming, I am finally the proud owner of a Valmet M76 w/ plastic B/S. I really wanted a folder or even a non folding tube stock, but they are priced out of my budget. This one is like brand new and I have fallen in love with the plastic b/s. It came with one converted HK93 40rnd mag and sling. I paid $1200 for it.  I will post pics when I can.
Anyhoo, the question- I went to the range and shot it today for the first time- SWEET!! However, I am not sure what the sight picture is supposed to look like- can someone help me with that? It seems like it would be similar to the AR sight alignment, but I just dont know. I was shooting at 50 yards and I had the leaf sight set to 250 meters and it was still shooting low- that is why I am thinking I was looking at the alignment wrong.
anyway, thanks in advance for all the advice.

Dean.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dean, Sweet looking 76. I have a Wood stocked 76.

I got a question for you regarding the mag, Did it function flawlessly or did you have any problems with it. also could you post some pics of just the Mag, especially around the feed lips, and front and rear locking tabs.

I'm kinda curious about how they went about making that mag work. I've modified several Bulgarain Waffle mags as well as Weigar mags but have never seen the HK mag used in a Valmet till yours.

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Jason,
I was just getting a feel for the rifle, so I didnnt load the whole 40rnds, but I did notice that it fed better with 6 rounds instead of 5. Inserting the mag, pulling back on the charging handle and letting go with 5 rnds loaded, I got one dented case and one failure to load where the bullet caught on the face of the chamber. I got some Weigers that I need to modify/ have modified, hopefully they will turn out alright. The forty rounder looks really cool, but it is pretty sloppy side to side. I read somewhere on the net that the MCP converted HK mags either work really good or really bad...
I will try to post some close ups tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to se you got it, looks awesome. I really like my wood stocked 76, but am always looking for a tube folder to add to the collection. I have not shot many rounds through mine yet cant decide if i need to keep it as a collector. The site picture in my opinion is similar to other ak variants except for the longer site radius. I have not done much accuarcy shooting but over all it is very accurate. Be careful with that mag, mine came with a galil mag that the previous owner swore was a factory valmet mag. It too would shoot fine with 6 rounds but would also jam bullets into the case and dent cases due to the feed angle being wrong. I have sine aquired several factory mags and some converted mags the galil mag is gone.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top