User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
So I decided to get another one.  Found a Gen 1, NIB, in 7.62x39 for under $2,000 and jumped on it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering factory IMI Galil’s we’re going for over $4k before Ace was available it’s still not a horrible deal.

AJ
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I decided to get another one.  Found a Gen 1, NIB, in 7.62x39 for under $2,000 and jumped on it.
View Quote

Where did you find it? Been looking everywhere and no joy. There on GB, but all north of 2k.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where did you find it? Been looking everywhere and no joy. There on GB, but all north of 2k.
View Quote

I found it on GB.  Keystone Shooting Center had two of them for $1,999.  I know right after I bought mine the 2nd one was gone within an hour.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After a particularly rough day at work I happened to drunk bid on a .308 ACE and also happened to win. So I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.

View Quote

Got it today. Holy shizznit this thing is awesome. Much lighter than I thought it would be and super smooth operation. I definitely want a gen 1 in 5.45, but not sure I'd want one in 5.56 or 7.62x39. Depending on how it shoots it'll probably replace my Imbel FAL as my go-to semi .308.

No pics because it's in pieces on my bench already.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I own the rifle and pistol in 5.56 and wouldn’t buy the pistol again.

They are both very high quality firearms but the 5.56 pistol is incredibly blasty when shooting.   It’s painful to shoot under cover and I question the ballistics from such a short barrel.  

My OSS suppressor tames the blast but that’s another $1000 and an NFA tax stamp.  

I would love to switch out the barrel to a longer one if that were an option.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top