Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:07:06 AM EDT
Years ago right before the ban went into effect I bought 2 Norinco AK's (fixed and an underfolder) loved them, but when I knew I was getting married I figured I better straighten up and be a family man (what was I thinking? ), so I sold them head
    Other than the safety, the AK seems pretty nice.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe this is astrange question, but why wouldn't you want to be able to safe your weapon when the stock is folded?  Maybe I am just looking at this from a different point of view.

From what I know (which is very little) this is authentic to the way the Yugos are built...the selector should be one that was modded internally for legal purposes but the exterior is correct.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe this is astrange question, but why wouldn't you want to be able to safe your weapon when the stock is folded?  Maybe I am just looking at this from a different point of view.

From what I know (which is very little) this is authentic to the way the Yugos are built...the selector should be one that was modded internally for legal purposes but the exterior is correct.

What I am referring to is that the Norinco AK's don't have the thumbpad cut off of the underfolders. The stocks are designed to work around them.  The M-70 I have has the thumbpad cut off (it appears to be so that it can clear the stock as it is folded).  Is this something normal, or did Century trim this for some reason.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha.  Unfortunately I don't knwo the answer.

Tagged to hear what the hive mind knows...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#4]
My CAI Yugo has the thumbpad intact and there is about an inch machined out of the stock so the safety can be manipulated with the stock folded. When the stock is folded and locked, I can manipulate my safety from S, FA, S without problem. Clearly, its semi auto only but there are 3 positions and all three can be engaged with the stock folded. I guess I don't see how it interferes with anything. I have seen some underfolders that need to have a mm or so ground off for proper clearance as sometimes machining tolerances will result in a small amount of binding. Its possible an individual removed the thumbpad as all the Yugo's I have seen around here has the thumbpad intact.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a picture of someone's yugo that has the same safety that came with my two kits.
Is this how yours looks?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's a picture of someone's yugo that has the same safety that came with my two kits.
Is this how yours looks?

i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/snipeone/MVC-015F.jpg

That is exactly how mine looks.  

CEnterfiresystems has Yugo sleectors for around $15, you could probably replace it if the thumbpad has been removed.  Didn't realize that was what the original poster was referring to (pictures speak 1000 words and all that).

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this how yours looks?

i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/snipeone/MVC-015F.jpg

That is exactly how mine looks.  

CEnterfiresystems has Yugo sleectors for around $15, you could probably replace it if the thumbpad has been removed.  Didn't realize that was what the original poster was referring to (pictures speak 1000 words and all that).

The safety in the photo looks like the one I have, it's hard to tell because of the angle.  I checked Centerfire, and they have the selector, but it also looks like what I already have (bad lighting in the photo).  Oh well, I'll press on for now.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine looks just like the picture too.  And I ordered one from a guy who is parting out kits and it was identical.  I can't see where there could be any more "thumbpads" on the thing, with two of them it's sort of full.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
There are two different selector levers for the Yugo M70's.  The one for the underfolder is configured for use when the stock is folded.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top