Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:05:30 PM EDT
I have a russia sks and really like the gun, but the trigger pull is TERRIABLE! The pull is about a 1/4" long and very stiff. Or is this just the nature of the beast
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Norinco that had the same problem.  Was able to take the trigger pack apart and grind/polish the mechanism.  Worked well.  Give it a shot.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Be carefull grinding/polishing sear and hammer engagement,if you dont know what you are doing easy to ruin your parts or end up with a full auto.Here is what I do.Drift out the pin on the front end of the trigger assembly that holds in the mag release,its spring and the sear(makes sure the hammer isnt cocked first).Take a toothbrush and solvent and scrup the hell out of the channel the sear block slides in.Clean the sear sides,checking for burrs.Lightly polish off any metal burrs you find,apply a light coat of grease to the sides of the sear,reassemble.You will be supprised in the difference this will make to the overall trigger pull,however it wont do anything for trigger weight,you can order a spring kit from wolff gunsprings to lighten trigger pull.Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I did that and used the Wolf springs in my Yugo SKS. Very smooth 6# trigger now.
My friend brought his own slightly new Yugo over today. (Has no holes around the front of the grenade launcher.) His needed no smoothing. Just the springs. 15 minutes and his went from a heavy, but smooth 11# to a smooth 6#.
I highly recommend those springs!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top