Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:42:16 PM EDT
I've never been interested in having an SKS but I was at a pawn shop 2 weeks ago, & found one that was parkerized black, with a green fiber type stock. It doesn't have the papers with it, but it does have a scope. No bayonet, but it does have a cleaning rod. I talked them down to $200 + taxes otd, but still don't really know if it is a rip or not. I would give it a 97 to 98 % overall. It looks brand new, & I went back today to see if it is still there, & it is. I don't want to miss a bargain if it is. Someone on the general board said it might be a rarer stock that is valued by collector who would pay much more for it if advertised. Pleas let me know what it is asap, as I don't want to miss out on a good deal. Thanks for any help in this matter, Searcher out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind on markings on the receiver?

Any chinese characters, If so it is a chinese SKS.

a star, a star with an arrow means its Russian.  

Are there any importer stamps on it?

If it is chinese $200 isn't a good deal, but for a Russian it is a good deal.

Here is a great sight you need to look at:

www.simonov.net/ubertypes.htm
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I went & bought it yesterday! It is the K-Sport shown in the link. I didn't get it for the original price they quoted me, but I still got a good deal according to the link. I paid $270.65 with taxes. Not to shabby, & it has a mounted scope to boot. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it, & shoot it, or sell it for a good profit. What would you do in my shoes? It looks like it has hardly been used if at all, & I fear if I start using it, I will ding it & it won't look as nice if I decide to resell it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top