Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:09:19 PM EDT
Anyone help me with a source for optic on a Vepr K 7.62 carbine. I just got this and don't know much about the whole AK deal (I'm a AR colector, Colt only.. I would like to put a C-more on it. can anyone tell me what I need for this. Would appreciate it. I posted this request previously. No responses.  Thanks for any info....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
John, welcome! First, let me say you picked the best AK on the market. As far as options, you have several. First, I would look at Russian red dot sights, because you rifle already has the side rail for mounting these. Here's a link: Russian Red Dots

You also have the option of a side mounted Picatinny Rail for mounting Western optics.

You also have the option of the gas tube mounted Ultimak.

Personally I would use one an optic or optic mount that attatches to the side rail as that is the most stable platform. The gas tube mounts are not as stable. Make sure if you buy a side mounted optic/optic mount that it is for the AK/AKM and not SVD/SKS. The two are not compatible.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
whoa there, that receiver doesn't have dimples.  that's not an AK.  

i don't like red dot sights but the eotech sold me.  i have a thread with some pics up.  "ar stuff on an ak"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go with a side mount. And hows that grip feel on there?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top