Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 8:40:26 AM EDT
Ekie:

Good to see yopu here.  You have been an invaluable wellspring of information to me on AK-47.net. I need your expertise once more.

I read your detailed and comprehensive thread sticky on the Wieger mag adaptio3n to the Siaga.  I just ordered the Saiga .223 and I have a question about the mag conversion:

1) You recommend the K-var 5.45 x 39 guide as opposed to the 5.56 guide that K-Var also offers. I can see from the enlarged pic on the K-Var site that the 5.45 guide has the same dual groove configuration as I have in my SAR 3s. That similarity makes it look like the right choice.  But, having said that, there is one that is made for the 5.56 mm.  will that one not work, or work as well?

2) You detail mods to both the rifle and the mags. I assume that my modified 5.45 bakelite mags that work perfectly in my SAR 3s will also work in the Saiga after the mods you describe. Will either the Wiegers or the bakes not work or not work well in my SAR 3s after the mods to the mags themselves? Will they be a bit sloppy but work?  Or will they be dedicated Saiga mags thereafter.

3) might you know the barrel diameter of the Saiga .223 with respect to AK forend retainers?  Is it .673, .671, or none of the above?

Thanks much!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I did not do the Saiga thread you speak of, never owned a Saiga.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top