Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/11/2017 1:20:42 AM EDT
It's one of the handful of AK pattern rifles I can own in my area, but I haven't been able to find much info on them.

There is one mostly positive review on calguns, but I'd like to hear from more people who have had experience with them.

I don't mind the fuddish looks, and would plan on hanging onto it even after moving out of New York.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one that I purchased about six months ago. Mine is in 7.62x39.  I found the open sights to work well. I am holding about 4" at 100 off sand bags. I had concerns about the trigger but found it to be OK. The wood and finish looked good. The only complaint I have with it, is it only works with Molot, Vepr mags.. My other double stack Ak mags to not work with this rifle. Nor to these mags work in my other Vepr AK. I also think the price is a little high. Purchase mine at K-VAR, have about 300rds through it with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Good rifles and they will work well. But, if you want to modify it or try to turn it into a "regular" looking AK, you are going to have to do some fab work. The rear receiver profile and the trigger pack are the biggest obstacles to stock fitment.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Converting it to a traditional AK, or being able to use standard mags wouldn't matter while I'm still in NY, since the rifle needs to be featureless and limited to 10rds anyway...
In the review I read, the owner of the rifle said he had an issue with a screw that secured the receiver to the stock working itself loose, have you noticed this?

unfortunately, I've missed the boat and new rifles are no longer available thanks to the vepr import restrictions.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top