User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2006 12:16:42 PM EDT
can a hi cap wasr or a sar take low cap mags like 5 and 10 rnd clips

and are sars made hi cap the same way as wasrs
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither will take low caps once they've  been milled out for the high caps. I believe the SAR's were designed for high caps, and not converted due to there dimples.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
so if you got a hi cap in either of the two, if you had to use 5rnd for hunting you couldnt, correct?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
they make a double stack 5 rounder,  i've seen them a few times at the fun shows, a buddie of mine bought one, i never really saw a point in them till i read this post ( for hunting)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
When I had my SAR-1 (sold it like a dumb-a$$ ) it came with a 10 round AK mag and a 30 round mag.  There are 5 & 10 rounders out there, just not as common as the 20 & 30s.  I actually liked the 20s better than the 30s, felt better balanced to me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
can a hi cap wasr or a sar take low cap mags like 5 and 10 rnd clips

and are sars made hi cap the same way as wasrs

SAR's were made and imported with military  contract receivers.  standard double stack mags only.   Unlike WASRS, which have to have thier magwells reamed out to accept double stack mags.

There should be 5 and 10 rnd mags for them  somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
All original MAK-90s came with 2 of those Low Capacity, double stacked mags.......should be real cheap.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
yea I found some double stack 5rd and 10rd, I ordered an 10
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top