Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:36:08 AM EDT
I am about to buy my first ak(or variant) the wasr-10, I fired was my friends and I like it I have several questions, 1. is this a good intro ak,2. are they good with hi-cap mags ie. drums, 3. I want differant furniture on it, thinking synthetic forehand grip where the normal hand gurad would be and synthetic stock are all these possible with most if not all wasr-10's and 4. what am I looking to pay for a good wasr-10 and who makes the best ones thanks to all, god bless hooahhug.gif
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

Required reading.
Yes to all of your questions.
For polymer stocks go to www.k-var.com

This is the best deal I've seen online on a post ban style WASR10 (no compensator, no bayonet / lug)

www.classicarms.us/htm/firearms.htm
"WE ALSO STILL HAVE THE RIFLES WITHOUT THE BAYONET LUG OR COMPENSATOR AS LISTED BELOW.

BACK IN STOCK
ROMAINIAN AK , Hi -CAP Rifle with Original Hardwood Pistol Grip Stock, 2-30 Rd Mags, Sling, Cleaning Kit, Manual Etc..Special..$279.95. TO GET THIS PRICE YOU MUST TELL YOUR OPERATOR OR MENTION IT IN YOUR ORDER.
(Note- This Rifle looks like the rifle above They are really nice.)"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
#1. yea its not bad but if I could do it again I would pay an extra $100 and get a rifle with a receiver dimple #2. I had to grind down the mag locking lever on my Wasr only then all high cap mags and drums would fit   #3. any stock you want ... it is possible that you might need to fit the stock   #4. by the time I got my Wasr it was $375........Atlantic Firearms has a nice ak with a mag dimple for about $400.....but as for price of a wasr about $325-375
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]

1. is this a good intro ak

Yes. My first pick for an entry AK. Some have trigger slap, which is easily fixed or cheaply replaced. Some have canted front sights, which can usually be compensated for with the front sight adjustment. They are not investment grade weapons, so don't expect that. However, they're great utility guns and are very very reliable in almost every case.

2. are they good with hi-cap mags ie. drums

Yes. I've never had a feed problem with hi-cap mags. However, some drums will not fit the magwell without some extra dremel work to the magwell. Do some research on this as I seem to remember that the non-fitting drums are all from one country if I'm not mistaken..

3. I want differant furniture on it, thinking synthetic forehand grip where the normal hand gurad would be and synthetic stock are all these possible with most if not all wasr-10's and

I've never heard about anyone having a problem with this. Just look for furniture made for a stamped receiver. Not sure what the difference is, but I see them sold as made for milled or stamped, so there must be a difference.

4. what am I looking to pay for a good wasr-10 and who makes the best ones

Well, Century is the importer, which accounts for 99% of the problems with ones that have issues. I think you should be able to get one for at or under $400 pretty easy unless you hit a high dollar gun store or an expensive on-line retailer. You can see on the Classic website that they have them at just under $300.

god bless

God bless you too brother, and good hunting for your new shooter!! Don't forget to post some pictures here as soon as you score!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Last gun show i went to, there were several tables selling WASR-10s with synthetic stocks installed on them.  If I recall they were 379, where the normal ones were 329.  I could be mistaken though.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top