Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 5:09:23 PM EDT
Well i did an awesome refinish on the fifle with Brownells bake on, RSA trigger, Kobra, the whole deal. Only problem is is that when i filed the selector down for the RSA trigger I went a bit too far and now have no safety. I am very proud of myself. Anyway, where can I get a new one? I have only seen FA selectors for sale. Will that work? is it legal to have that? The rifle looks great and everything operates beautiful just has no safety. Think it is dangerous to shoot? Anybody else pulled this bonehead move? Should I just have no safety? What the hell should I do??? help!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
A FA safety should work just fine and be legal too. After all, that's whats on all the built '74 parts kits some of us have.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Why were you filing on the safety to begin with?

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif
NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS

sas-aim.org]Supporter
[/url

It was a little tight but this was a super bone head moment and what pisses me off is that I'm not nw to working on firearms. This was just dumb]

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

When installing an RSA trigger group, the different specs call for some safeties to be filed a bit.  I have had to file the hell out of some, a little off others.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Well that is what happened. The RSA trigger group is awesome but a little much for this rifle. I ordered a new selector today so all is good. Hopefully I won't pooch this one. I'm gonna do the old put it in, take it out, put it in take it out, you know the drill. Oh and I mean the selector not my girlfriend ;)
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Guess I lucked out when I installed a RSA trigger group in my SAR-2.  Fit perfectly.  No filing necessary.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top