Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 8:04:36 PM EDT
I am thinking about picking up a SAR2 and would like to get it as close to AK 101 as possible,No folding stock and of course semi auto.KVAR looks good for the parts. Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about the mix up, SAR2 to AK-74M.I tried to read and type at the same time.Thinking about trying 5.45x39,I was looking at a SAR2 at the gun shop and well the price is right [250]
Am thinking about going with a fixed stock for now and see what happens with the ban I am going from memory but the gas block [kvar] had two different diameters 22mm and 23mm what one goes with the SAR2?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to know the anwser to that also
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
CampyBob do you know of a source for the ak-100 rear trunnion?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
StonerStudent: I believe you mean "front sight base" and not gas block. 22 mm is the Romanian. 24 mm is Bulgarian for the front sight base threading. Replacing the gas block (the little angled thing that goes into the gas tube) is a hellish task, and I think KVAR might have the parts for that though....on a SAR-2, you have to stick with what you have. I think MickeyMouse did attempt a Bulgie conversion with his SAR-2, but he had to redrill holes in the barrel and weld the old ones shut.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Campy, there is this big fuss over AK-103/101 autheticity due to "rivets and dimples". What exactly makes an AK-103 from Izmash authentic that the Saiga rifle or AK-USA or Krebs conversions don't provide? The Saiga is basically an AK-100 series after all...

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info, yes I was thinking about the gas block. But your right the AK-100 looks to be a different angle. Oh well I was trying to get the look right
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#8]
If you change a SAR-2 to a Bulgarian version of the AK-74 using Bulgarian parts the trunion has to be changed because the Romanian and Bulgarian barrels are different diameters.

With the current chopped Bulgarian parts kits this isn't a problem as you get the correct trunion still attached to the Bulgarian barrel.

The Romanian barrel\trunion gets removed from the receiver and the Bulgarian parts go back in.

In the end, you have a Romanian receivered, 90' gas block AK74.

It's easier, faster and way cheaper to just put the Romanian muzzle brake on the SAR-2.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top