Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:19:11 AM EDT
Need suggestions on what to do. Ive used 2 different scopes on my psl, both belarus made. 1st scope 8x42B with bp-02 mount(came with gun originally), Mount kept coming loose while shooting until the day came where it literially fell apart one day at the range one day.

2nd scope a 4x24M with SVD mount seems to fit nice, tight, and right shoot about ten rounds same thing it comes loose not by much but enough to throw the shots everywhere.

Ive since replaced the mount on the 8x42 with a new svd style mount (havent tried it)

I honestly doubt 2 scopes would both have bad mounts. I need advice on what my best bet is. I really dont want to sell the gun over this dumb shit. I also dont want to use some tactical top rail mount or what ever id like to use the rifle as designed.

So about the only thing ive found that might work (dont know) is this https://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-type/svd-psl-tigr-romak-3/side-rails/zenit-universal-ak-sks-svd-side-mounting-rail-undrilled.html

i know i posted about this in GD with the original scope shitting itself.

heres a picture of my rail(old pic but still looks the same). It also seems to grind the SVD mount on the bottom (no pictures ATM). to me it looks like the end of my rail is bent up on the bottom section, it also looks like who owned this before dicked with it and ground material off the bottom section off as well. im just pissed and dont know what the fuck to do anymore.

I just dont know where to source another psl side rail so i can just fucking rule this out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately the PSL rail is welded to the receiver instead of just rivets like a standard AKM/AK-74. It could be that the previous owner filed the rail too much, since the bare PSL receivers that came into the country had uncut rails that are far too large to even install a scope mount. Judging from the the front trunnion rivet that I can see, I'm going to assume that it's not a Cugir factory built PSL, correct? Did it take some force to close the locking lever on the mount?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately the PSL rail is welded to the receiver instead of just rivets like a standard AKM/AK-74. It could be that the previous owner filed the rail too much, since the bare PSL receivers that came into the country had uncut rails that are far too large to even install a scope mount. Judging from the the front trunnion rivet that I can see, I'm going to assume that it's not a Cugir factory built PSL, correct? Did it take some force to close the locking lever on the mount?
View Quote
The gun is a kit build.
I mean it didn't take a lot of force on the lever i had a lot of hope with the new scope I got with a svd mount would be alright. For me I didn't force the the lever to close, it seemed fine but after 8 rounds or something it would just barely come loose. And if I go another notch on the mount to tighten it, it wont go on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
So basically when I get home and see some spot welds. In order to remove that rail that receiver will get trashed in the process?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top