Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2017 8:13:27 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File
This dude here in NZ has this mak90 for sale milled receiver, sounds like they were headed to the US but never made it because of the ban.
Anyhow I am thinking about picking one up but have a question about the receiver itself. Can anyone tell me what is the significance of the 2 round mill marks 
under the ejection port and also why the `386 in and oval` manufacturers make was milled off and MAK90 scratch on in its place on the other side of the receiver.
See pictures for what I mean. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. BTW I realize the pictures are of different firearms, but just needed to show the issues clearly, if that makes sense.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It was previously built on a full-auto receiver. It had the original selector notches for semi and full-auto and the selector characters (probably L and D) were removed. The third pin hole for the sear was closed up with a rivet from what it looks like. The scalloped cut was probably a previous military marking that was removed to place the "sporting" MAK-90 marking. Essentially that rifle would be illegal in the US, which is probably why it never made it over here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The receiver was made for an underfolding stock too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that, another thing that I am puzzled about is that there is no rivet or pin through the receiver just in front of the
charging handle. Is the barrel threaded into the receiver rather than pinned? if so does that make it any better or worse? Thanks again  
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a threaded barrel.

The downside is that just filling the auto sear pivot hole with a rivet doesn't change it back to a semi-auto in the atf's eyes.  A bunch were imported that way.

You should sell it to a SOT for them to make it a post sample.

Sorry, just noticed NZ 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You might consider deleting the pics and thread.

Sorry, just notice NZ 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might consider deleting the pics and thread.

Sorry, just notice NZ 
View Quote
never mind, you fixed it
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Fellas, sorry for raising stress levels. It certainly is a BS ATF rule, a bit like fining people for speeding just because they have a car with a speedo that goes up to 200 when the speed limit is 100.

Ahhh , bureaucrats ain't they grand  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice find.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top