Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2005 11:50:47 AM EDT
Where is a good tutorial with pics on doing this?  I have found some tutorial BIY threads where there is plenty of detail except for the FCG.

Also, where is the cheapest site for decent all USA stock sets?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Super easy! What brand FCG?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Good question!!!!!

I think that even if I NEVER replace the stock set, a new FCG are in order.  The trigger on the SA 85 has a LONG military takeup, with some gravel, and the let off is not terribly consistent.  IS the TAPCO G2 the way to go?  Or are there much better FCGs for not much more money????
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a good tutorial for the FCG. www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcgremoval.htm
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about SA 85 having a better trigger than a G2.  I picked up a WASR a month ago that had a better trigger than my SA 85, and I assume it was a Tapco - some new WASRs are getting these I hear.  My SA 85 has a looooonnnnggggg slightly gritty take up, and you cannot tell how the let off will go.  The SAR had a definite stage and crisp letoff.  Maybe this is why I see a guy online shoot a 4" 9 round group with his WASR, and I can only do about 5-6" with my SA 85.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe this is why I see a guy online shoot a 4" 9 round group with his WASR, and I can only do about 5-6" with my SA 85.

Or, it could be that he's just a better shot!  j/k, I couldn't resist pointing out the other alternative.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Check - but I do pretty well with crummy sights on my M28 Nagant.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top