Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:32:01 PM EDT
Has anyone tried norinco 223 mags in the sam5? Im tempted to buy a sam5 but i have a bunch of norinco mags already.

Thanks Doug
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Get Bulgarian plastic 223 mags - about $30 to $35 at auction, as no one has any stock of these.
Accept that this is the hidden cost of a SAM5.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The really bad thing about the chinese magizines is that Norinco and Polytech imported the type 84 5.56mm akm during the preban years and each gun had been fitted with simular magizines but different in design. The polytech mags would not fit into the norinco and the norinco mags would not work in the Polytech. Invest in the orginal double circle 10 mags from Bulgaria.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried some Chinese .223 mags in one, they did not work, interestingly, the Bulgarian waffle mags do fit in a Norinco .223, not sure how they feed though. It would be possible to modify the Chinese  mags, but I wouldn't do it, in my opinon they are a little harder to find than Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Sell the Norinco mags as people always need them.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top