Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
I found a thread about a SLR-105, a member aked about adding a muzzle break to  SLR-105. Can you do this if so HOW??? can thread or pin? or even weld? what  methods are out there? and what is most econmical?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not AK expert but I think you could buy a new front sight assembly from a company like K-Var and pop off your old sight and put in the new one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like your gonna need a shop full of tools to complish that, I wonder if I can pay someone??
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
waht about the nut adatper? (it looks like a threaded nut that goes on the end of your barrel) does that work? if so how do you put that sucker on??
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my new SLR-105 today. It is a front sight that has not been threaded.
Changing the front sight would be a matter of drift punching out the two pins and using (rubber mallet?) to get the old sight off, then put on a new one.
There might be someone out there with the tooling to turn a thread on the ban front sight but if there is I don't know where they are.

Check out this link on how to do it.

www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/akMuzzleBreak/
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't catch this before but, if you look at the end of the muzzle you will see that the threads were machined away. This rules out threading it. The front site base must be replaced to get the threads on a SLR-105(R)
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top