Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:32:42 PM EDT
How does Kreb do this to their front trunnions?  Im assuming its a custom made trunnion?  I like the way they look.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean front sight base/gas block?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Do you mean front sight base/gas block?

No.  

The trunnion where the barrel goes into.....Krebs looks like a low profile one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it looks that way because there is no rear sight block in the way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]

I think it looks that way because there is no rear sight block in the way.

So you can take the rear sight block of any AK and still have it fire???  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Or it could be that he is milling off the unnecessary portions as you'd still need a place for the gas tube and receiver cover to attach.  It's very interesting nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I've seen they have to be making an entirely new rear block, similar to the Galil ...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Its not a rear trunnion, its the rear sight base. Looks like her makes his own, and has the rear sight placed on the cover. I guess kinda like a krink without the hinge, but ive never handled one so i dont know.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Ohhhh I always thought the sight block was part of the trunnion itself.  I get it now....thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top