Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:29:08 PM EDT
I've been looking at poly stock sets for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger to get one. For those of you who use them, does it imporove the overall weight of the rifle? Also, they say poly handguards cool faster than wood. Have you found this to be the case? Finally, where can a lad like myself find a full set at a good price?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:07:32 PM EDT
.....MrDave.......the poly stock/hand guard are very rugged....... cool down faster due to the ribbings ( increased surface area)...........you can get them from K-VAR, Global Trade-Armory USA, DSA arms.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:30:09 PM EDT
The poly stock I put on my SAR-1 is great so far, though i havnt been able to get her to the range yet. But I will say that the feel of the rifle has greatly improved in my opinion, the actual grip angle of the pistol grip changed just a tad but its actually alot more comfortable. The lower handguard is also alot wider than most wooden ones and therefore fills your hand quite a bit better. Also there is a significant weight difference but the rifle still feels solid. I definately recommend the K-Var stock sets as they include the heat sheild in the lower hand guard, which you definately want. The part number for the Warsaw Pact length stock set is AKBSW, I actually got mine from ULTIMAK as K-Var is out for at least a month or more i think. Ultimak has a few left last i checked. Shipping was ultra fast too. Came to 96 bucks with shipping. DO IT YOU WONT REGRET IT!
Top Top