Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:35:50 PM EDT
In 14x1 LH.  Start listing.

I know Smith makes a vortex for the AK, but i was also wondering what else is out there.  Something like the Phantom 5C2 would be nice, but i'm not sure that they're made for the AK.  Links would be nice, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Your link doesn't work.

You got what i was saying.  The vortex would essentially raise the cost of the build by a third.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, must have been down when i checked.  The birdcage is an option.  Anything else out there.  I'm open to other types of muzzle devices, someone suggested a 74 style break but i don't need all 3" of that hanging off the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
This is what one of his flashhiders looks like, I didn't care for it and left it on a rifle I sold.

This an option, but you don't like the 3 inches hanging off the end of your barrel.  I have this on a custom built AK-74 type rifle.

There is also the Romanian RPK flashhider, I have one of these on a SAR-1. From K-VAR but out of stock.

Then there is a Global Trades designed brake or flashhider.

another from blackjackbuffers

To see what the vortex looks like check out this thread ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=84145

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah, must have been down when i checked.  The birdcage is an option.  Anything else out there.  I'm open to other types of muzzle devices, someone suggested a 74 style break but i don't need all 3" of that hanging off the muzzle.

Check my site again in about a week. I will have 74 breaks for 14LH threads. The price will be more than the birdcage suppressors but they should be pretty nice. I think Im also gonna do a muzzle device bundle that will give you a variety muzzle devices at a discounted price. There are lots of cool products out there just keep looking untill you find the one you like. Also make sure that you get the corect threads for your rifle or a adaptor that will work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Global Trades sells them also.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think Global Trades sells them also.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Looking at it, i kinda like the look of the birdcage on the AK pics i'm seeing.  It's not that much longer than the slant brake and doesn't look all that out of place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Romanian AK with a "slip on" adapter and compensator. just got it at the gun show today. still need to try it out.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/civstu/DSC00676.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/civstu/DSC00677.jpg
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Romanian AK with a "slip on" adapter and compensator. just got it at the gun show today. still need to try it out.

You would have been better off renting a threading set from one of the guys on the Equipment Exchange and getting a US 14x1 brake to put on that rifle.  Did you dimple the barrel with a drill press
where those set screws will hold onto the barrel?  If not, let us know if you found the setup when it shot downrange.

The easiest way is not always the best.  It takes about 20 minutes to remove the FSB, thread the barrel, intall the FSB and put in the plunger pin and spring and then you can correctly install a number of muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
i still think 74 brake is way too long.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top