Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:10:51 AM EDT
http://www.redstararms.com/chicomm4.jpg

http://www.redstararms.com/maadi4.jpg

Taken from redstar arms website.  Can anyone ID this mounting device that seems to replace the rear sight?  Couldn't find any info about it on redstar's site.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That is an Ace scope mount. I hear they are going back into production. They incorporate a rear sight unlike most others.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately the ACE AKSMS Mount.  I sold about 30 of these (the last ones available) and they went very quick, IIRC all 30 sold in 3 days.  The mount had an added feature in that you could add AR15A2/M16A2 rear windage sights to be used as a backup if your red dot failed...pretty cool.

ACE did mentiontion that they would be selling an improved version (longer?) to handle a variety of different scopes.  To me, they will be hard pressed to make something as cool as their first mount (AKSMS).

Below are two pictures of my AMD-65's with the mount installed, the wood fitted AMD pictures happened to be taken before the installation of the red dot sight.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like this one...Not made by ACE scout mount
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Hammer in PA:
Definately the ACE AKSMS Mount.  I sold about 30 of these (the last ones available) and they went very quick, IIRC all 30 sold in 3 days.  The mount had an added feature in that you could add AR15A2/M16A2 rear windage sights to be used as a backup if your red dot failed...pretty cool.

ACE did mentiontion that they would be selling an improved version (longer?) to handle a variety of different scopes.  To me, they will be hard pressed to make something as cool as their first mount (AKSMS).

Below are two pictures of my AMD-65's with the mount installed, the wood fitted AMD pictures happened to be taken before the installation of the red dot sight.

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/118mvc-373f2-med.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/118MVC-378F-med.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MVC-571F2.JPG

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MVC-591F.JPG

Wow, I really, really like it.  I've seen the scout mount, however I find this ACE mount more aesthetically pleasing.

I assume if I were to seek out one of these mounts I'd have to pay quite a price, hopefully ACE will reproduce them. Thanks for the info everyone.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I read somewhere they'll be out in May. Don't take that as the gospel though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll certainly be up for one.  I just hope they don't feel compelled to engrave/roll stamp the company logo in large letters like they did on the original version.  Jeez, that irritates me when companies do that.  Keep the lettering small and discrete.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top